sore spot on right pectoral major for 4 month's? ???

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm 38 year old female. Back in June I noticed what I would call a sore spot on chest muscle. I spend a great deal of time with rounded shoulders looking down at phone. I don't really feel it so much if I am up moving a round. Feel it more sitting if I'm on my phone alot or in the bed I'm a side sleeper. I can feel it sometimes with a deep breath or cough. Some days I dont feel it at all. Ibeprophen takes the pain away. My chiropractor feels it from my rounded shoulders. Stretching it out helps some to. Is it normal to have chest soreness for 4 months. This is right sided and does not feel at all to have anything to do with my heart. Thanks!

1 like, 70 replies

70 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

is yours badly painful mine is not, but I was thinking costo too, but really not sure and so so scared to go doctors, i say the same im going back to see them and then lose the nerve the next day 

• Posted

Not its not badly painful at all .... I was just reading another thread on here title costochondritis and anxiety... and sitting alot and bad posture can have alot to do with it. Being out of alignment. I have one hip that sits higher than the other.
  • Posted

Also i have read that costo is very painful and mines not, so not sure, so wish i knew what is was

mines like a pulling ache sometimes, i don't even know how to describe it 

• Posted

That's how I would describe mine like a pulling ache. I don't think it's something bad wrong....I know my mind tends to want to go there sometimes. Have a rib out of place can cause bad posture sitting alot.
    • Posted

seems like stressing is part of it as feel it in my other side of chest as i am right to you grr just want to feel normal agin, i have had some reflux too have you not sure if it is connected 
    • Posted

I sometimes feel it in the same spot also in the other side. Just that goes away. I'm here to chat whenever comes straight to my email. So please feel free too. I have days where it really bothers me.
    • Posted

Thank you so much, nice to not feel alone, same goes for you, if you want to chat send message through here I will always respond, have you chatted with anyone else that has similar symptoms x
    • Posted

No ....but there is a physical therapy doc online dr Joe you may can Google her. I sent her a message. She thought muscular or rib our of place. or costochondritis. ...she said she wouldn't be to concerned with it. It's just that fact that it's on going I know that worry us more. I don't notice it up moving around cleaning or out doing things. Unless it is very very sore and some days or different that others. I notice it the most if I have been sitting a lot or in bed. I have noticed alot of people saying that. What about you?
    • Posted

How has your chest been? Mine hasn't been to bad but it's still there.
    • Posted

my side still hurts and under breast to lay on that side gets on my nerves, i did go doctors and he felt around and said that he thinks costo, I did feel tender when he pressed right in the  center of breast just to left xx how is yours xx
    • Posted

Mine has been sore today up above my breast in my chest feel it the most with movement. Did you feel better after going to doc?
    • Posted

I do feel a bit better but not a great deal, and was only given gel as I cant take pills i have ulcerativev colitis and it messes with my stomach, so hope that the gel eases it, I am slim so the doctor said he couldnt feel anything untoward annd when i am feeling around it is probally bone xx
    • Posted

sorry to hear that yours has been sore today, you say yours is right side is it near the top ribs, that is where mine started and only recently went to ribs as well 

• Posted

Thank you. It just worries me. It started noticing it June and it comes and goes. Ibeprophen helps which makes me think inflammation which I think that's what Costco is I believe?
  • Posted

I had my partner feel around under my breast the other night as my over reacting brain thought I felt a lump, he was feeling around and all od a sudden sharp pain and then tender after kind of felt like heat under the skin if that makes sense, it hurt so thought I have to go doctors, which I did xxx
    • Posted

How long has yours been sore? Mine is like a catch or a pull I feel when turning on my side in bed. Sometimes how I'm positioned when seated or with movement. It's dull just kinda like a nagging thing that's there. Not a stabbing pain at all. Does this sound similar. I need to go to doc .I have been putting it off.
    • Posted

mine feels pulling tight on upper chest, but i have had some stabbing pains too, under the left breast is where I hate the most as like you I sleep on my side, I have had the upper cheast ache around a year, so my mind has been mad with worry and several drs visits being told anxiety, and i knew it wasnt so stopped going drs for a long time, but then my panics set in and had to return to seee them again xx you should go drs hun, just for peace of mind xx
    • Posted

Thank you! Yes I do need to go.... so I can't stop worrying about it LOL!! Thanks for chatting with me. Glad you were brave and went in . I need to also!!
    • Posted

Yes worrying will only make you feel worse and if it is costo may be stress can make it worse, I am sure you can be brave enough to go drs, please let me know how you get on, and like i said before here to chat if you need to x
    • Posted

Thanks I will let you know when I finally do go. Have a good night!!
    • Posted

How has your chest been? I didn't notice mine for past 2 or 3 weeks and then it came back this week. Slept the wrong way and got a lot of shoulder and neck pain and then my chest started not as bad as it has been before but enough for me to notice.
    • Posted

mine seems to move a bit, i feel like bruised feeling around the edge of bottom ribs, and still have the rib under left breast that hurts, sorry to hear that yours seemed to have come back x
    • Posted

It was bad last week and this week I have barely felt it. It's so weird. How are you?
    • Posted

is yours still in the same place, i now feel sore on edges of last few ribs and hurts to press them, got drs again on monday, so will see about that pain now, sorry to hear you had a bad week, so i take it yours still comes and goes did you go to see the dr in the end x
    • Posted

Yes pretty much same spot . No I haven't went to doc. It's seems to be in my pectoral muscle on right side of chest. When I pull my shoulders back I can feel it and when I stretch it out it will go away just like a pulled muscle. I feel it with movement . Raising up from lying down. Lifting up my right arm. Changing position from laying on my side. Some days I feel a lot and like today I can't feel it. I think I'm probably constantly sitting with rounded shoulders which cause chest muscle to become short. That's why I think when I stretch it out it goes away....if that makes any since. But I'm not a doctor and put off going out of fear.
    • Posted

I understand the fear, think it sounds like muscle, but im not a dr, i have been trying to sort out my posture as i also hunch over the computer, so trying to break that habit ha ha, not easy but do feel a little better for it x
    • Posted

I know ....I'm always on my phone hunched over shoulders forward and neck down. It's called upper cross syndrome I think??? Which can cause cosco. Which can effect your ribs too. We better straighten up literally😉
    • Posted

I have this exact same thing!! It's starting to really worry me too. My dr said it was anxiety and costochondritis but I have had it for months. I had all these thoughts going through my head like lung cancer and having panic attackssad I'm too scared to get a chest xray and go back to the dr too. It gets better when I stretch my chest like against a door way and laying down its worse and certain movements and positions. It also hurts to press on it and it's in my upper right chest a little below my collarbone. I can't take ibuprofen bc I just started taking an antidepressant and they said I could only take Tylenol which doesn't help at all. Have you gone to the dr or found any relief?
    • Posted

No I never went to doctor. Mine also feels better with chest stretches. Also ibeprophen always seems to help. I was scared to get a chest xray also😂 I think anxiety can play a huge role also . .....and looking down at phones with rounded shoulders .
    • Posted

Yes I do that all day literally I have severe health anxiety for 5 months now and I lay in bed everyday and google my symptoms. I have bad posture and I do notice that I am always tensing my shoulder which is probably tensing my chest also. I get arm pain too and pain in my neck sad
    • Posted

Hi. New to this but have been reading your comments, have

bad posture from years of typing, then computers. I have had a

sharp pain in my back on the right side which really hurt when I

cough or sneeze, it was so painful, had a cough on and off for ages,

do get up phlegm but not copious amounts and sometimes don't cough for

for a week. The pain seems to be on the rightside upper, worse when push

shoulders go back but easier when I lie on it.Been taking Ibrufen since

last Friday and it does ease and no way as bad as the stabbing

pain I originally had. Not been to the Dr, scared stiff but of course

worry its Lung Cancer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.