Spots on penis head

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've got some spots on my penis head under my foreskin. Been there for a few months and it's not an std. any one have any ideas ?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Thanks I think I've sent it now

• Posted

Here it is
    • Posted

Doesn't look like herpes.  My best guess would be Tyson's glands (though not everyone agrees that they really exist), or maybe pearly penile papules.

You already said it's not an STI, but there's a (small) chance they could be tiny warts, so has any doctor actually seen them?  If you've ever had sex with anyone who's ever had sex with anyone else (even if it's years ago), then there's a chance you've picked up the HPV virus which can lie dormant for years.

If you haven't had them checked out by a doctor, I'd get them looked at, just to be on the safe side.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

Ok thank you . I will go as soon as I can maybe in the next couple of weeks. Quite busy working at the moment. Also if it was hpv would the spots ever go or would they always be there ? Is there any creams or something I could try now ?
    • Posted

If they are warts (which I think is unlikely), they might disappear by themselves, or be very resistant to treatment and keep coming back.  Your spots are so small though, that if they were warts, they'd probably be easy to treat.  I don't think there's anything you can get over the counter which would help though.

HPV is very common btw and most people don't have any symptoms.  The Center for Disease Control in the US says this "HPV is so common that nearly all sexually active men and women get the virus at some point in their lives."

• Posted

Hi Kaye!

I don't think that you should worry about that!  Those little things are currently showing on lots of penises.  If that stress you too much, show that to your Doctor!

elclolma

• Posted

By the way on top of penis is dry skin from my hand. It can you see the spots by the banjo string ? Cheers 
    • Posted

Yes, pic has appeared! The spots look pretty harmless to me. Maybe blocked pores? A bit like I used to get on my oily skin as a teenager 50 years ago!
    • Posted

Ok thanks . How do you get rid of them. Any creams or anything or should I still see a doctor ?
    • Posted

It's important to only use the correct substances. Check with your doctor or a sexual health clinic.

• Posted

Looks harmless but better to have it checked
    • Posted

Thanks for your help And everyone else too
  • Posted

Hello I want to open this discussion again for more advice and opinions. There still bugging me. I used to be really paranoid about stds especially hiv but even after testing negetive I worry that it could be some new type of std or something. My picture has been uploaded before. Also after stressing and searching the internet I’ve found similar pictures which I’ll try to link after this. I cannot get on a computer. Trying to upload pictures is difficult
    • Posted

You need to be on a PC or laptop to add pictures.  If you are, then you should see some extra icons towards the top right of where you type, and the right hand icon (which I think is supposed to look like the sun over hills) will add images.
    • Posted

The pic I've attached here shows the icons:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.