Start / Now / Goal - Part 1

Posted , 77 users are following.

Not sure if this has been done..but how would everyone feel about putting up their stats?? We can update/edit the post with each weigh in..

I will start..

Age 32

Height 5ft 3\"

Started off 2008 at 148.9kg (lost 10kg myself before I started tabs)

Goal Weight: anything lighter than 15stone (95kg) (horse weight limit)

Start date ; 01/10/08

Start weight ; 138.4 kg

1st weigh in date ; 24/10/08

1st weigh in ; 133kg

Loss of 5.4kg

2nd weigh in date ; 21/11/08

2 weigh in ;

0 likes, 360 replies

360 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

:oops: Yes that was a typo. I don't normally think in Kgs. So, put it this way I was 14 st 11 lbs. starting weight. Now that's better I am speaking a familiar language!!!!! :P

Lost 4 Kgs - so that was nearly 9 lbs. - yes? Quite pleased with that. Then a further 2 Kgs. - 4 lbs?

I think I will listen to the Dr in Kgs but then convert it straightaway.

S

• Posted

Size66

Your doc was right, for orlistat to work you need to avoid fatty foods you were already doing that, so orlistat isn't going to be so effective for you

your dietician was also correct, theres no fat but approx 400 calories in a pint of lager, 55 calories in a shot of vodka

1 pint of lager is like having 1 mars bar .. so if you go out on a weekend and have for example 4 pints, thats like eating 4 mars bars in one go,

If I was to say to you, I'm not losing weight but I'm eating 4 mars every Friday night, you wouldn't be suprised I wasn't losing

your basically doing that sad

Swap the lager for vodka and diet lemonade/coke, I'd be surprised if you didn't see a difference

all your good work and sensible shopping at the moment isn't for nothing, you arn't putting weight on .. that can only be a good thing smile

good luck!

• Posted

Okay, my name is Mark. I am a 20 year old male, 5 foot 9 inches weighing in at 135 KG (21 stone). I went to my doctor a few days ago to see if he could help me with my obesity. The guy took one look at me, put me on the scales, made me feel like crap and then gave me a prescription for orlistat.

Now i am sat here with these little blue pills wondering what the hell i am meant to do... apparently i should have been given a target and a diet plan, i have NOTHING.

The reason i want to lose weight is, i am getting married to my wonderful fiance on the 8th of august this year! I NEED to lose as much as i can so i can at least get my bloody ring on, haha.

After talking with her, she says i looked great when i was 14/16 stone. So i aim to lose 5/6 stone in about 6 months. Is this a realistic goal?

The main thing i need to know is what sort of stuff should i be eating? I know my diet at the minute is not going to help with these. So could anyone reccomend a good diet to me?

My problem is that i am the kind of person who loves food that is full of flavour, and i am yet to find anything healthy that satisfys me. But now i want to give it all away so i can be happy with my woman smile So any tasty salads or pastas would be cool

I just need to know what to expect.

Any advice would be greatly apreciated and taken in.

Thank you all smile

• Posted

Hiya Mark

Congratulations on the engagement, what great motivation for wanting to lose weight smile

[quote:cc60fbc899=\"Mark-20-21\"]Now i am sat here with these little blue pills wondering what the hell i am meant to do... apparently i should have been given a target and a diet plan, i have NOTHING.[/quote:cc60fbc899]

Most of us have experienced this, thank god for websites like this, full of friendly helpful people that help you along the way smile Give your docs a ring, most practices now have dietician's that will help with dieters.

[quote:cc60fbc899=\"Mark-20-21\"]So i aim to lose 5/6 stone in about 6 months. Is this a realistic goal?[/quote:cc60fbc899]

To be honest I think this is unrealistic, docs and dieticians say you should aim for 1-2lbs a week, thats 3 stone 4lbs over the course of 6 months, which is loads, but up your exercise, watch what you eat, and 5/6 stone is doable, altho I do believe unhealthy and your'll be in danger of putting it all back on once you stop dieting.

[quote:cc60fbc899=\"Mark-20-21\"]The main thing i need to know is what sort of stuff should i be eating? I know my diet at the minute is not going to help with these. So could anyone reccomend a good diet to me?[/quote:cc60fbc899]

I haven't really changed my diet, I've done the normal diet things, less chips, half fat milk, swapped white bread for brown bread, grilling instead of frying, for me its been about common sense and trial and error and portion control,

Orlistat works by blocking aprox a 3rd of the fat we eat from being ingested, they say to aim to have no more than 15g of fat in your meals so keep an eye on your fat intake, the side effects from too much fat can be pretty gruesome :cry:

A lot of the people here recommend MAP, its a telephone helpline run by the makers of Orlistat Tel. 0800 7317138, they have 'nurses' who will give you dietary advice and support and answer any questions you have, (you'll need your box of Orlistat handy as they ask for the batch number)

The British Heart Foundation also do a pretty nifty booklet about healthy diets, 'So you want to lose weight - For Good!' you can get it free from most docs or hospitals, or google them and grab it from thier website as a pdf download or posted to you (altho this way they ask for a donation)

[quote:cc60fbc899=\"Mark-20-21\"]My problem is that i am the kind of person who loves food that is full of flavour, and i am yet to find anything healthy that satisfys me. But now i want to give it all away so i can be happy with my woman smile So any tasty salads or pastas would be cool[/quote:cc60fbc899]

Theres absolutely no reason why you should stop having food that is full of flavour, sometimes you just need to modify how you cook things, I now eat a lot of salad or pasta but I'll have them with a 'spiced up' chicken breast or something equally tasty, where as before I would of had the chicken with chips,

Allow yourself a treat one night a week, treats are still good as long as you don't have those treats every day smile

lastly have a read through some of the posts on the forums, theres lots of good advice in them.

Good luck!

• Posted

Yes, good luck Mark :D

Go for it!!

You'll get lots of help on this forum and we will all be watching your progress closely.

• Posted

Hiya Mark,

I was given these tablets on the 31st and felt the same as yourself, However i have rang map nand they were great, they gave me pleanty of advice and there is more to come in the post

I would call them and start taking the tablets once you have spoken to them and been given some advice.

I am due to start taking the tablets tommorow and have ensured that i have eaten as i will on these tablets for the last 2 days i dont think you have t do that but iam sure it takes around 24hours for food to pass through so i didnt want to have a BAD 1st time with them so choose to do it this way!

Good luck with it.x.

• Posted

[quote:42db2d60ce=\"bamamo\"]you guys should have got this horrible flu bug - made me lose 4lb over xmas![/quote:42db2d60ce]

Hiya,

Like Bamamo, I got the flu virus over Christmas and lost 8 lbs in the course of 5 days :shock: I have put some of it back on though.

• Posted

Sorry - I was the person who posted the above message.

I forgot to sign my name under it :oops:

Sue.

• Posted

start 16 stone

now 15.4

goal 11 stone

im 5ft 5\" and im 33 (and 3 quarters!)

• Posted

[quote:35de234825=\"Kaelea\"]Size66

Your doc was right, for orlistat to work you need to avoid fatty foods you were already doing that, so orlistat isn't going to be so effective for you

your dietician was also correct, theres no fat but approx 400 calories in a pint of lager, 55 calories in a shot of vodka

1 pint of lager is like having 1 mars bar .. so if you go out on a weekend and have for example 4 pints, thats like eating 4 mars bars in one go,

If I was to say to you, I'm not losing weight but I'm eating 4 mars every Friday night, you wouldn't be suprised I wasn't losing

your basically doing that sad

Swap the lager for vodka and diet lemonade/coke, I'd be surprised if you didn't see a difference

all your good work and sensible shopping at the moment isn't for nothing, you arn't putting weight on .. that can only be a good thing smile

good luck![/quote:35de234825]

Thanks & your right - never thought of it like that. i'll try that at the weekend if i go out....... smile

• Posted

Fab idea! Started diet 07/01/09. Would like to lose 7/8 stone :lol:

Will keep you all posted of my progress.

Weight: 17 st 1 lb sad

• Posted

I'm 22 and 5'6\"

When I started the blueys I was 18 st 10lb got my first weigh in in a couple of weeks so will let you know.

• Posted

Hi all,

I am now on my fourth day and have experienced no side effects at all. Is that normal? :? Does that mean that the tablets are still working if you get no side effects?

I would love to have a penpal to keep in touch with whilst on my weightloss journey. I have quite a lot of weight to lose, 7/8 stone, and would enjoy talking to someone else who is taking these tablets for some moral support.

I don't think i am aloud to list my email address and not sure how to contact anyone as a private member so perhaps someone can give me some advice.

I would also like to wish everyone gook luck with there weightloss journeys. Keep up the good work!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Lisa. XX

• Posted

hiya rapunzel

welcome to the forum!

theres lots of people here in the same boat as you and ive always found this a very welcoming place to be, with lots of support and many ideas for any worries or problems that come up during your time on orlistat.

if you want to contact someone privately theres a private message function. i guess you would be able to swap email addresses via that function, although i dont know if its frowned upon by the moderator (is there a moderator??)

if you cant find anyone to swap email addys with then dont worry! i can guarantee you will receice ample amounts of support from the people on here. smile

Pen x

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Looked for this forum as I`ve had lots of help from the fibromyalgia one :!:

Here are my details:-

Female

Age 56

Weight 13 stone 7lbs

Height 5' 4\"

several medical conditions which have not helped I won`t say caused my weight gain are Chronic fatigue Syndrom, fibromyalgia, underactive thyroid and high blood pressure :!: Saw GP today and will start the tablets tomorrow. I have to be weighed in a month and if I haven`t lost anything I can`t continue with them :!: Would like to lose at least three stone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.