Started Orlistat today and confused

Posted , 113 users are following.

Hi! I have just started Orlistat today and have been trying to find a sample plan or menu for the last couple of weeks without success. I know that I shouldn't have anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g however when it comes to exactly what to eat I don't have a clue, I normally eat Quorn, Turkey, Chicken, and fish and eat potatoes, rice, pasta and quinoa. Do I eat like normal but watching my portion size.

I am a huge crisp, chocolate, and biscuit person so would also appreciate help on healthier snacks. I had my first gym session this morning first of many, need to lose 5 stone 11lbs to be my goal weight of 10stone 10lbs. I would like to be half way there on actually there in 6 months would love if it was faster but don't want to put pressure on myself.

3 likes, 199 replies

199 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sorry for all the typos in above post! :-(
  • Posted

Hi I have been taking Orlistat for 1 month now & Ive lost only 4kg however if I wasnt taking the tablets that would probably only be 1kg loss if that. I always eat healthly and exercise regular but I have a underactive thyroid which makes losing weight more difficult so I am taking the Orlistat to help boost my weight loss. This is my 2nd course now they did work the first time but I slowly gained the weight back on again.
  • Posted

Hi. Is any one getting palpitations on these? Been on these for 3 weeks now, and feel great. The palpitations sstarted yesterday and I still have them today ???

The last thing I want is the dr to taken me of them! x

• Posted

Just started taking Orlistat yesterday. To be honest I don't know what to eat or how to go about it, am currently a size 18 and am going on holiday in June. Ladies please help I really need to lose these weight so I can't wear sleeveless top and dress.
  • Posted

@gentlelady190 If you stick to it you could lose 2 stone by then basically no junk no takeaways (although you can get low fat treats from weight watchers etc in the supermarkets)

plenty of fruit and veg and tons of water to help with the bloat no more then 5g of fat per 100g and no more than 15g per meal read the backs of food packets it will tell you the amount of fat per 100g.

If you look around the site you will see i have put up a lot of posts on what to eat good luck and let me know how you get on and if you need any other help please just post back on here smile x

• Posted

and only use spray oil when cooking and no butter
  • Posted

Hi @britneyspears thanks for the advice, have been trying to eat not more than 1200 calories a day and so far have been able to stay at that. started taking Orlistat on Wednesday and I notice a small amount of oil in my stool this morning. is this normal or am I eating the wrong kind of food?
  • Posted

@gentlelady190 Hello Your welcome.

You only get the oil if you have eaten something which is too high in fat it also could be leftover fat from food you ate before you started. If you want post up what you have eaten in the last few days and i can tell you if it is something you have been eating i generally stick to the same calorie amount as you sometimes lower it just depends on if i am hungry or not

• Posted

Hi everyone

First I just wanna say a massive well done to everyone on here for your weight loss!! And Britney all your comments have been so much help! It's so nice that everyone is so helpful!

Ok so I started taken orlistat 5days ago and have not had any side affects as of yet thank god! I haven't

Weighed myself yet and am trying to wait till my 4 week weigh in with my doctor! I'm 5ft 8inc and 15st 4

I am so desperate to lose weight that if after 2months I have not lost weight I will be looking into getting a gastric band! But this will be last resort! But I'm just wondering if I'm doing this right and would just like a bit of help! I stick to the 5g rule and I use myfitnesspal app! It really helps me keep track! I try to eat 1200kals a day! And have around 20-30grams of fat a day if that! My meals old be

Breakfast : weetabix x2 with skimmed milk and a sweetener or frosties

Lunch: jacket potato with baked beans

Dinner: chicken Breast with spices and golden chicken rice or cod fillet in white sauce boiled new potatos and peas and sweetcorn! And if I'm having a bad day and need something sweet I have half a can of tapioca!

Sorry for the long post but any help I would be very great full !!

• Posted

@Leelee14 Hello well done for starting your weight loss journey- aw thankyou i like to post on here because we are all going through the same thing as as i have been there worn the t shir i like to help people who are new to these tablets

BUT PLEASE PLEASE do not have a gastric band you can lose the weight on these tablets, even when i started at 19.5 stone i wouldn't even consider having an operation believe me eat low fat take your tabs and you can do this

You won't have any side effects if your eating right and what you have posted up (food diary) looks perfect i also eat the same amount of cals as you and as i have also said before sometimes less if i don't have time to eat but that is not everyday. You don't have to starve yourself on these or deprive yourself of treats. I have never had tapioca but i have tried the sainsburys be good to yourself rice pudding i think its 4g fat for the whole tin?! i think

stick to it and you could lose 2 stone in 2 months in my first 2 months i did and i am so glad i stuck to it

Please keep me posted to how you get on and if you have any other questions please just post them in here

Good Luck smile x

• Posted

Hi Britteny, this Tesco tins of ready custard are also low in fat, they taste lovely too and only 15p each!!!!

Hannha

• Posted

Hi Hannahantrim i haven't treied that one but i have had Sainbury's BGTY Fresh custard it's on offer at the moment for £1 it's nice with a ww sponge pudding x
  • Posted

Oh stop, you will have me running to the supermarket to get one, what sponge pudding do you get?. I am just starting out on my weight loss so every little bit of low fat food info is brill.

Thanks. Hannah

• Posted

@ Hannahantrim ww sponge ones are sticky toffee or they do a chocolate one they also do a cheesecake i have never tried that one though i think the puddings are 2g fat. The frozen ones are also nice they do a caramel one and a few others and ice cream cones and sainsburys be good to yourself have some low fat ones in the chiller aisle but my current fave is yoomoo frozen yogurt which is 1.2 per 100g

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.