Started Orlistat today and confused

Posted , 113 users are following.

Hi! I have just started Orlistat today and have been trying to find a sample plan or menu for the last couple of weeks without success. I know that I shouldn't have anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g however when it comes to exactly what to eat I don't have a clue, I normally eat Quorn, Turkey, Chicken, and fish and eat potatoes, rice, pasta and quinoa. Do I eat like normal but watching my portion size.

I am a huge crisp, chocolate, and biscuit person so would also appreciate help on healthier snacks. I had my first gym session this morning first of many, need to lose 5 stone 11lbs to be my goal weight of 10stone 10lbs. I would like to be half way there on actually there in 6 months would love if it was faster but don't want to put pressure on myself.

3 likes, 199 replies

199 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm passing Sainsbury's tomorrow!!!!!!!!.

Thanks for you help

Hannah

• Posted

It's great to find a forum, I think I'm going to need some moral support along the way. I want to loose about 2 stone.... Started on olistat on the 5th April not weighed myself yet. I just can't bring myself to get on them

scales...... Britney you sound like you could be a good mentor for me. Please help

• Posted

@K9coco Hello please let me know of any questions you have. I never weigh myself i prefer the DR to do it i would be obsessed if i had a scales at home. As long a you stick to eating right you will lose weight

2 stone you will do it in no time

Good Luck and let me know if you need any help

x

• Posted

I started taking the tablets on 13th January 2014 and in 3 months I have lost a total of 2 1/2 stone, hoping to reach a total of 3 stone loss in a months time. Dr has given me 2 months supply this time. It is possible so don't loose motivation, you will get there eventually! Good luck to you all!!

• Posted

Hello K9coco, like you, I started three Weeks ago on Orlistat. I have lost around 6 lb. I was hoping for the loss to be more, but, it's loss not a gain. I am not sure if I am doing this diet properly, it's a bit confusing for me at

times. A few questions!!!

Can you eat non fat food snacks in between meals.?

Things like rice, potatoes, pasta are non fat, so how much can you eat of these with meals.?

If you went a gram or two over the 15 grams per meal will you get the dreaded runs.?

Thanks for listening.

Hannah

• Posted

@Hannahantrim you can eat any amount of potatoes or rice

you can eat snacks between meals obviously not chocolate bars

I guess you would be ok one way to test it would be to do it over a weekend if your not going out but if its healthy food you should be ok

@rowenajd well done your lucky my gp only gives one at a time

I have nearly reached my goal so i will be off them in the next 1-2 month

Good Luck everyone

x

• Posted

Thanks Britney, that's great to know about the Potatoes and Rice. I have been having apples, bananas, oranges and Mueller low fat yogurts for snacks. I think I am keeping on the right track, soon I will be a dab hand at it!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Thanks for your help

Hannah

• Posted

Hi all just wanna update! I weighed myself last week and I have lost 5lb in 2 weeks very happy I am now under 15stone and haven't been under in years!! I'm also just wondering if any one knows if you can eat bacon if it grilled? Thanks and good luck to everyone! 
    • Posted

My GP said I could have bacon if it's back, not streaky, and you cut all the fat off. Yes, grilled or griddled. I sometimes chop up two rashers finely and have them in a jacket potato with some mushrooms cooked in fry light. Makes a nice quick meal!
    • Posted

Well done. Sainsburys also sell bacon medallions in the BGTY range and they do a gammon joint in the BGTY range if you like ham/gammon
  • Posted

Started Orlistat on the 5th of April and as of today the 22nd of April have lost 9lbs. Been on diet and running on my treadmill for 30mins everyday. Been making fruits smoothies and I just started taking green smoothie today to support. am trying to change my eating habit so that even after the Orlister I can still keep the weight off for  good. And to be honest I don't take it all the time, sometimes I take it twice a day. My goal is to reach 135lbs and am sure on my way there. Thanks @britneyspears for all the support and advice. 
    • Posted

Sounds like your doing fantastic!!!i have just started on this web! And would love to no your today's weight!!!and how your doingxxwell done
  • Posted

Hi everyone. I'm Karen I'm 34 and have just commenced on orlistat. I have a wee girl at 2 and a half and a baby boy aged 10 weeks. My weight is currently sitting at 14 stone 10lb. I have NEVER been this size I have zero confidence, cannot look at myself in the mirror. And won't allow anyone to take pictures of me. I'm only 5ft 2 and look horrendous. So I bit the bullet and went to the gp yesterday. 

I took my first tablet today. I'm hoping to lose at least 4 stone. I don't stop from the minute I get up until I go to bed. I will walk as much as possible to speed up weightloss. 

I love over reading your posts and hope to do as well as all you ladies are. Xx

• Posted

Hi Karen, I know exactly how you are feeling I also hate looking at myself. I am now reading the labels on all food to see the fat content. Some things will surprise you as they are lower than you would think. I love bread, and it's around 1 or less grams a slice. So I eat banana sandwiches, but put a scraping of W Watchers low fat spread on. Bananas are no fat, so it's a good way to keep your fat intake in check. I just wish I could find a recipe book with very low fat dishes. Good luck with your weigh loss.

Hannah

• Posted

@Karenkerr2000 Hello stick to it and you will do it that 4 stone will be off before you know it good luck and let me know how you get on x
    • Posted

@Hannahantrim pleae tell me your eating more than just banana sandwiches! onr recipe book i have mentioned on here before is the takeaway secret Ainsley harriot has a low fat book out aswell and the hairy bikers one is meant to be good on the tablets but to be honest i just adapt recipies or look on google intead of paying out for the book or google slimming world recipes.

I don't eat chicken but those maggi cooking bags are nice and very low fat i use quorn or just veg in mine x

• Posted

Hi Britney, I do eat other things besides banana sandwiches LOL. I was just trying to give an example (not very well done) of a low fat sandwich. I eat rice and veg, potatoes, a small amount of meat etc etc. So you not eat chicken because of fat content?. Thanks for update on the books.

Thanks for your comments.

Hannah

• Posted

Hi Hannah no problem re books. I kind of went off of it and to be honest i actually prefer the Quorn the lower fat sausages (boxed ones)are nicer than the ones they do in the bag not sure if you eat quorn but i really like it. Vension is very low in fat too and i have had this also. Oh yes before i forget chicken breast is the lowest fat rather than the thigh i think thighs are 7. something per 100g. x
    • Posted

Hi Britney, I like Quorn chicken bits but not the mince. I will have to try the Quorn box Sausages, how many grms of fat is in each sausage?. It will be nice to make a sausage sandwich!!!!!.  

Chicken breast seems to have a different fat content on different sites, any ideas of a rough fat content for a standard size Chicken breast?.

Do you know if Orlistat makes you bloated as I feel so bloated.

i l

• Posted

Karenkerr2000

Your not on your ownx

ive been put on orlistat by my gp as i have been having trouble with my hip for a few years now and he very kindly said i was a bit too cuddly and he wanted to help......any loss is a great one we all have to get stuck in so i wish you good luck and just take note of the change in you, appearance and also confidence wise good times ahead xx

i'm 17st 6 and 5' 3......so ive got a bit of a way to go yet..

• Posted

Hi Hannah i believe per sausage it's 0. something they are very low and i think 64 calories each they taste more like pork and the ones in the bag tastes more like a lincolnshire the filletts are lovley too i either marinade or put spices on them or use for fajitas. I did have the bloat at the start but i drink 4+ litres of water a day and it really does help. i think chicken breast is between 3/5g of fat per 100g.

Not sure if you eat gammon but Sainsbury's does a BGTY gammon joint and very low in fat loveley roasted but haven't had this in ages as i choose quorn over meat these days

x

• Posted

Thanks. Day 4 for me. Doing my best. Not had any problems with bowels yet. If anything I'm constipated which is normal for me. Just wish I could fast forward a few weeks and start to feel like me again. X
    • Posted

just had one tummy ache but i knew i had overdone it, not had the headaches or constipation  .....weight loss this for week one 11lb im soo pleased i feel great .....
    • Posted

Hi. I am a lot older than yourself!!!but sound so simler. Eg height weight ect 4 children. I would love to no how your getting on with your weight loss???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.