Still bloated after gallbladder removal?

Posted , 85 users are following.

Hello guys it's me again. So I have been having a couple of issues after my gallbladder removal on August 5th. My stomach seems to feel very full now. This happened maybe 3-4 days after my surgery. I also started getting nauseous. But what bothers me the most is this bloated feeling. It's very uncomfortable and I can't eat much because I feel so stuffed and the nausea makes it worse. If I do try to eat my stomach literally feels like it's about to burst and it makes it hard to breathe. I've been walking here and there maybe 20 blocks each time as I was told walking will make the gas leave. But I feel so bad I'm not sure if anyone has experienced bloating this long? A friend of mine said her bloating and has left in a week. Is it possible to take ginger ale to help me burp, maybe gas x, anything? I just want to feel good again and I honestly feel sick. Don't think I'm constipated and I've been having bouts of diarreah and soft stool.

1 like, 185 replies

185 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had my gall bladder out this year and still have pain so did research and found out we now have no bile so ordered some bile supplement and some HLC too improve the acid in my stomach and the pain is almost gone I take bile supplement with every meal bile is like soap that dissloves the fat but we don't have that anymore hope this helps it sure helped me.

• Posted

Mike I do a lot of research and I go too a Homepathic Dr she gives lesson on health and have been a friend of hers for yrs she has helped a lot of people I tried too save my gall bladder with diet and she got me out of all my pain but it would come back so my Dr sent me too have a HIDA scan and it showed my gall bladder was not working but the dr told my husband my gallbladder looked normal and no stone and no inflammation but when I would eat some foods it would hurt she said the only thing was it wasn't working I'm 68 and they say age has a lot too do with it but I know the supplment and diet she had me on took out the imflammation because I felt better so it is out and pain is gone if I take bile supplement and once in a while HCL I will give you some links if you like too do research.

• Posted

Thank you for the advice Peggy and sorry for responding so late! I was told those that had loose stool like diarreah need of bile. I don't have that, would it still work for me if I took it?

• Posted

Has anyone tried bile salts ? I ordered some today , I hope they will help the acid, because the acid keeps me nauseous on and off. And being nauseous is no fun ☹️
    • Posted

I nvr try before. My doctor ask me take rabeprazole to control my acid cause by sliding hernia. I been taking it since August. Will ask doctor can stop taking or not by this Saturday...
    • Posted

I hvae read and researched a lot on the gallbladder whilst I wait for my specalsit appointment and have read over and over by gallbladder experts, non fuctioning or people with no gallbladder should be taking bile salts with every meal as an essential. you can no longer digest fats the same and miss out on votal nutrients and its a absolute must. I have already bought some in preperation.
  • Posted

I had my surgery Wednesday it is now Sunday. I had some gas pains the first couple days, but those have faded. I've found that I have pain in the area where my gallbladder used to be, especially when trying to take a deep breath. Idk if it's from soreness or what, but it's driving me crazy. I am a stomach and side sleeper and I also have noticed I can't lay on either side because it feels like my belly button is splitting apart too. But the worst thing is the pain when taking a deep breath. It's especially aggravating because I had shortness of breath due to gallstones before and thought i would get relief once it was gone but haven't gotten it yet. I'm trying to be patient but I'm losing it. Is anyone else having these issues too? I had a bout of heartburn today too and I thought that wouldn't be an issue either. Help. Smdh.

• Posted

Me too but just a day out..the NAUSEA is worse than the stomach discomfort..is your stomach poofy?
    • Posted

Yes pains come and go in all the stab wounds . ?? Nausea don't want to eat , need to eat , can't eat , acidy omg it's aweful . But I finally had a better day today . I hope I keep improving and you do as well . 🙏

• Posted

Your pain will get better takes a few weeks . Acidy feeling I still have it after 7 weeks . Some people say I'm not allowing enough time after all we've had an internal body part removed . I've been depressed, sad down n out a lot . I am making progress 😊 but it's not as easy for everyone . The acid causes nausea which sucks !

• Posted

It's normal to be gas e and poofy the more you walk that goes away . I'm still fighting nausea and acid . But I am getting better , just wish it was faster .

• Posted

Sharon, i had GB out 2 wks ago also have inscruiating pains in area where GB used to be. Especially when I cough or sneeze certainly cant bend over either. Also a side sleeper but been on my back cause its too painful otherwise. I thought I would be out of pain by now. If you could let me know how you are doing now I would appreciate it. Hopefully all is well and you dont have these issues anymore.God bless you
    • Posted

Sharon

My Gallbladder was taken out in April. I had the pain for a month or so and then it went away. I occasionally  would get bloated and have bad gas and the pain was exactly like my Gallbladder pain !! I went to my Gadtro Doctor and one of the things I was told is that I had to learn for myself what I can and can not eat. I also had a Gadtric bypass in June of 2016 and did not have the pain or any problems with what I ate ?? Anyway the Doctor said the low calorie high fiber bars has Sorbitol in them and they along with a lot of other ingredients have  the results ! These ingredients all have the letters OL in their names and I was told not to eat them !!! I stopped and that pain, bloating and gas went away !!! In a couple months I began to have the same issues on occasion and have been to the ER for the pain. My Doctor is still working on finding out the root cause of all of it. I do know that any kind of constipation causes that pain now and there’s a lot of things I can’t eat like Mexican food, corn and ice cream. All the foods I just mentioned never caused me any pain from June until April after

my bypass ??? There are many people that do not have these long term issues. I hope since this means your problems did go away. Good luck and remember Sorbitol. Glycol, etc !!! OL 

• Posted

Hi Chris, wanted to see how you are feeling after your GB surgery. I had GB surgery yesterday May 1st. and I am in so much pain and full of gas. I guess it is from the carbon monoxide they pumped in me. How long does this bloated gas feeling last? Around my nable area is really sore and hurts to bend down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.