Stomach cramps ruining everything

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all

Someone please help.

So i don't know if you saw my other thread but since withdrawal from mirt 45 to 30 The panic attacks have stopped and the morning anxiety is dying down

But what i get every morning without fail is the most debilitating stomach cramps

My doc and i both no i have a really high pain threshold but this is crippling me. Not just my stomach but my bowels are kicking right off to, i am immobilised because of it.

I'm living on pain killers which do help.

I just wanted to know if these are part of withdrawal and will they go away in a day or 2?

I can tough it out if that's the case. Everything else ie anxiety and fatigue are wearing off. I'm sticking to this dose for another 2 weeks at least

If the pains don't go away tho i don't know what to do. If mirt is causing all this i want off asap

Hope you are all having a good weekend

S x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So sorry Suzannah.  Its worth a mention that it isn't exactly the Mirt' causing it, but the quick taper/withdrawal/discontinuation - call it what you like.  This happens a lot if the taper is too fast, it must be awful for you.  Therefore stopping Mirt' won't cure this but make the wd stomach issues worse, so its just about keeping a slow taper going that suits you personally.  

I think you have a choice, stick it out and hope it passes soon, and of course it may, or reinstate an amount to stabilise ... hard choice I know.  It you choose the latter it will work best the sooner you do it, but it still might take some time, maybe a few days.  Sorry, these options are so negative, I wish I had better news for you. You could try getting something for the cramps from your doctor if you want to stick it out maybe, what do you think?

So sorry, sending get well wishes  x

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me guys

I'm pleased to say all the serious physical symptoms have died down last few days.

Still have chest pains headache and nausea but it's treatabl/tolerable

How's everyone doing?

S x

• Posted

Hi Suzannah.

It is so great and encouraging to hear you are doing better. How about your sleeping? Is it worse? Is it the same. Yesterday I took 7.5mg instead of 15mg and what I experienced is that the sleeping was worse.

• Posted

Hi neogenx

The sleep hasn't been too bad so far. Not getting as many hrs as I'd like but then again anxiety wakes me early most mornings

If I'm still not asleep by 1am 2am I've been taking a benedryl and that seems to do the trick.

I'm only down to 30mg so far just done my first drop and all I've noticed is I'm more bad tempered and have lost all patience but that's still better than having panic attacks

Hang in there you're so close

Wishing you all the luck in the world

S x

• Posted

Thank you Suzannah.

Wish at least the half of that luck for you.

It is 11am here and I am feeling a bit better than previous days while on 15mg. Hope this trend will continue. I also want to ask you whether you experienced daily rumbling in your stomach (or belly) while on Mirtazapine.

• Posted

Yes I most definitely do

But have done since I've been on it

Find it very uncomfortable to eat until evening after I've taken mirt

Here's some tips i have found that have helped me along the way

1- I've been taking my tablet alot earlier in the evening sometimes 4 5 o'clock

Reason being i found that my tummy settles for the evening and i can get a few hours normality. Also it stops my body relying on it to sleep so I'm developing other methods to get me to sleep

2-when the withdrawals hit hard in the day i took a little bit of the tablet in the morning not upping the dose just taking the remainder in the evening. Only done this for 1 day but did the trick and found i haven't had to do it since

3- the chest pains i have found taking omega 3 every evening with dinner has helped tons! Also magnesium before i go to bed as it's a natural muscle relaxant. Also take a good multi vitamin

4- enery and fatigue i have been using metatone liquid for energy

5- benedryl if im still wide awake at night

6- muscle pains(my worst symptom) and stomach cramps the doc gave me codeine

I also have diazipams to use if I'm desperate but found codeine seems to do the trick as i think the pain was causing my anxiety so hardly touch them now

Keep yourself comfy

Be kind to yourself

Don't pay any attention to depression and anxiety as it's all to do with withdrawals and will get better when you do

Most importantly believe in yourself

Always here to help

S x

• Posted

Thank you for detailed description.

I take C+zinc+echinacea, B-komplex, yesterday I began with Omega3. Hope it is good enough for the beginning.

• Posted

Its important to remember this won't last long.

Im at 3 weeks still uncomfortable but manageable im waiting for another 2 weeks for me to stabilise before I do next drop

But feel now I've done it once I'm prepared and know what to expect the next time

Good luck

Stay strong

S x

• Posted

Yes, I fully agree. I have a great wife that really understands me. Moreover I have 8 months old son. So I have to stay strong ... I know I will get there.
    • Posted

Aww that's lovely sounds like you have amazing support

And a baby! Should make use of the insomnia and take over night shift! Lol although must have an impact on your sleep

You're only on day 1 got a way to go yet

But you will get there

Stay calm

s x

• Posted

Oh yeah neogenx

Take magnesium it's a natural salt for our bodies and withdrawal depleats the amount in our bodies

Have found it helps muscle ache and fatigue although i take it at night because it can be relaxing

S x

• Posted

Good point about magnesium. I will take it. Unfortunatelly there are many kinds of magnesium and don't know which is the best one.
    • Posted

There are a few

I went to Holland and Barrett and asked which was the best for anxiety

I got the one with calcium as not eating properly and too much magnesium can give you the runs if not complimented with calcium

S x

• Posted

Hey guys

So it's been 4 weeks since i did the drop and think im getting worse

I kept having moments where i felt much better so stupidly booked a weekend away with a friend at a a holiday park for the kids

I can't go! As soon as I booked it i started to get excited only my body doesn't seem to be able to handle excitement either ended up with me having the biggest tremors and throwing up Al night

Now i know this looks like anxiety but this isn't unusual for me I'm very random and spontaneous and have been able to go before. I honestly was genuinely excited but my body doesn't seem to be able to handle any emotions atm

Thank god i didn't tell kids and have lost the money i spemt

Im going back to doc in a bit but wanted to hear your views

Could this be withdrawal

Does anyone else struggle to get excited?

Or is it what i think! The meds are still too strong?

You see 45mg caused me to have panic attacks and at 30mg i seem unessacerily anxious maybe 15mg would be better?

I know you are not docs and am going to speak to mine but if anyone's experienced anything similar I'd like to hear your views

Thanks

S x

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Suzannah. Well, I would say that even if you ask pdoc his answer will be rather guess than clear one. Do you have any possibility to take some "quick pill"? Like Neurol or whatever (benzo). I would try this. Take care
    • Posted

Hi neogenx thanks for getting back to me

I've seen doc you were right he doesn't really know what to suggest

He said it may well stil be withdrawal or a case of the tablets don't suit me but doesn't want to cross taper this time wants me off them before we try anything else incase it is the meds causing all this

He said hold out for a little longer see if i improve but has given me 15mg tabs and said when i feel ready drop to 22.5 mg he wants me down to 15 but said it's up to me how and when i get there

I think I've just dissapointed myself with booking the holiday and now not being able to go i feel a little embarrassed but like I said didn't tell kids so not too bad. Just got to stop doing and planning these things I'm not ready

My brain wants to but my body has other ideas it sucks

Probably just a bad day

Will see how i am Tues as will be 4 weeks then and I see psyc so hopefully he can help me figure out what to do next

How's everyone else today?

Do you feel better off the meds? Must admit I'm feeling a bit of a scaredy cat about reducing again

S x

• Posted

Hi Suzannah

I am so sorry you feel so unwell,you have been very brave what you have done so far,

I know this will sound daft but some times my brain tells me one thing and my body doesnt want to know.

As for the thought of tapering further worries you,why not hang on

for a longer I was telling Calmer I was reading on a site,saying you should wait  2mths after the first drop and another 2mths after the second drop

after that 10%. So perhaps wait

I hope you get better soon

Px

• Posted

So sorry Suzannah, withdrawal sure comes in windows and waves, we just don't know what or when to expect it, sorry for the timing too, that is such a disappointment for you.

At least now you know you are unable to do the big cuts, (you did 45 to 30 = 33%) so you know your own body, and what it can cope with.  You can work out your own tapers to suit you, we're all different.

I hope it turns around for you soon x

• Posted

Thanks guys

I think i got myself in a bit of a state and lost track that I'm in withdrawals

Doc says I'm trying to run before i walk

Will stay on this dose until i have a run of good days then decide

Thank you all for your support has been amazing

S x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.