Strange feelings

Posted , 10 users are following.

I cant shake this feeling and it's horrible I don't know if its anxiety or depression it's so hard to explain but it definitely makes my anxiety worse.

How can I explain it.

It's not like everything doesn't seem real but everything seems different like my emotions are all wrong. I find it so hard to explain but it makes me feel like everything is just wierd!

My emotions seem unusual And like my emotions are too strong or I'm going crazy and everything is just unusual x it honestly makes me feel like I'm going mad because I cant explain it I cant research it to find out what it is x

It scares the life out of me tbh

its not dissociation or derealization as I looked into that and it doesn't feel like that at all

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It's side effects. I had some really wierd emotions that didnt fit the situation, as well as strange thoughts, but even though the emotions feel unbearable, the fact that you know they're strange or abnormal means you are being rational and objective and not mad, crazy or schizophrenic. Well done, be a warrior, just keep going and it'll all settle down in a few weeks. x

• Posted

thank you so much ❤ it's great that everyone is helping other sufferers too x hopefully all those feelings have passed for you now and you are starting or are feeling better?

• Posted

absolutely, i feel better than i have in years and worry hardly at all now. it took about 2-3 months to feel completely better. x

• Posted

that's great to hear you are doing a lot better x I'm in week 5 now and haven't really noticed any improvements at all yet x I'm hoping if I just ride it out it will start working again soon x that off feeling is so horrible isnt it! I'm glad its cleared up for you and hoping it will for me too x

• Posted

it will, you have to have self believe and trust in yourself. lots of self care by doing things you enjoy to take your mind off the worry loops. exercise is very good as it uses up the anxiety, which is just a build up of cortisol. breathing is important to calm mind and body through worse bits. just be really brave and allow yourself to experience the terror and fear because it will reduce if your look it straight in the face and dont fear it. you can do it, trust in your courage . x

• Posted

thank god for all those sensible replies!! thanks everyone! read your post in the middle of the night P cos i coukdnt sleep and then i freaked out too as i also have that when my anxiety is bad! why would anyone say that to someone who is anxious?!!! i have been fretting all night about as I imagine you have been P - I was trying to be rational but just kept feeling panicky and thinking what if im developing it? can you go from anxiety to that? etc etc. i hope you feel a bit better now P x

• Posted

you still struggling bless you x yeah I do thank goodness. I've proper panicked x is that how you feel too when your anxiety is really high x it's the strangest feeling x hope you're seeing some improvements x

• Posted

definitely feeling relieved x

• Posted

yep def has that. had panic attack yesterday after not having one for weeks so been feeling back to square one

• Posted

oh no really x did the message cause a panic attack or was it just a really bad day x strange that x a friend of mine on citalopram had one yesterday and I was super close to having one too. we are all roughly at the same stage x remember that doesn't mean you are going backwards x the anxiety will still spike from time to time until you are better x

• Posted

i know im trying to think that but it really threw me. decided to try and just have the one dose of lorazepam to see how i felt. was ok first thing, had a minor anxiety wave recovered from that but then went to yoga and was anxious throughout we did breathing exercises that set off my shortness of breath and i had a full bpwl panic attack when i got home. Then felt really miserable all afternoon as decided the benzo must have been masking everything and i was really no better at all

• Posted

Me too week 7 on 10 and 9 days on 15. Don't remember the first time starting celxa being like this. Ugh just want me back.

• Posted

i think im feeling the same things now im in day 10 of taking duloxetine! i feel out of it but at the same time super anxious still!!!

its so hard to get up day by day just wanting to feel normal! oh and i feel super dissy!

• Posted

I think that's pretty common with most of these meds x we need to keep powering through until it settles down x it really does take weeks and weeks to work I'm afraid

just keep going and the side effects will settle down soon x

• Posted

Antidepressants take months to work. Maybe, after 6 or 8 weeks, you will see a little bit better. On the Internet, they said 6 to 8 weeks to fully effects, that is very wrong. And, when you start to feel better, you still feel very bad sometimes.

I have been taking Duloxetine for 7 months, I still have very bad day, sometimes good in morning, bad in afternoon. I have a friend who had anxiety and took Duloxetine, too. She got recovery and does not take Duloxetine any more. She said it took her one year to be back to normal.

This disease is terrible.

• Posted

wow it really is a long time for recovery isn't it but it's worth it to get rid of horrible anxiety!

are you bad every day on duloxetine still or just some bad days? it's a long time to wait isnt it x

I've definitely learned my lesson that they do not work as fast as the doctors say they do x my doc said it will take as long as it takes who knows how long so seems to be right tbh x

• Posted

I still has anxiety symptoms, but better every day. Before, entire head was hurt, now only one spot, mostly on forehead. I am more calm, now.

I work as a computer programmer, before just opened an email, my anxiety started. I could not do anything. Now, I am able to do most of things.

Duloxetine, Xanax and Ambien make me have more good days than bad days. They brought my life back. I work full-time, Thursday is my bad day. (I have 3 days weekend). Weekend is always good day because of no stress.

Yes, it takes several months to feel good enough to enjoy your life. I am lucky that I have a friend who had anxiety and was cured by Duloxetine. She told me every details about this illness, so I will not be frustrated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.