Strange head pains and tingling... Anxiety?

Posted , 106 users are following.

Hi everyone, I need a bit of advice. I've been suffering the last few months with health anxiety. Doctors have done all the routine blood tests and have said I'm okay and all my symptoms are anxiety related. I'm waiting for CBT but on a long waiting list and am on no medication whatsoever as I'm trying to avoid it.  I'm now able to identify with a lot of my symptoms and deal with them, some days are good and some are pretty awful but I'm getting through it.

Last night however I had something new and it sent me into a panic again.  A few weeks ago I was getting some sharp pains in my head, on the crown area and slightly to the left. Sort of dull aches and then the odd shooting pain.  Anyway, putting it down to just another symptom of anxiety I've tried to ignore it. But as I laid in bed last night I started to get this tingly sensation, not painful but really noticeable and in the exact same position I sometimes get these head pains and it then spread across my head and my face. Then my head started to ache in that same spot. This morning I've woken up and it's still there. My brain likes to tell me that it's a brain tumour as it feels in such a specific part of my head but I'm really hoping it's just another normal symptom. Has anyone else had this? It just feels very unnerving! 

The annoying thing I can't seem to process is that I'm 34 years old, have never suffered from anxiety and then one day I changed for no apparent/obvious reason and I can't seem to get back to my normal self.  It just fuels the worry that there is something really wrong with me. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Lisa

10 likes, 145 replies

145 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm 26 and i've never had an issue with anxiety before. Just in the last year i've been over paranoid and have convinced myself of many things. Brain tumor, Ms, Brain bleeding, It doesnt help that when i see a doctor they say its anxiety and thats it just to remain calm and stop thinking so much. For the last year i been to the ER 5 times with all small things. Chest pains and rib pains, headaches and shakyness. They send me home and i feel a bit better. But recently the tingling in my head has gotten 10 times worse things go from a small bump to my mind blowing it up to being like some rare disease. this head tingling and weird feelings is the worse. I've had multiple cts and mris and anything i can think of and they all say the same thing. My mind goes from a sore or something to my body is falling apart and i'm dying. It gets so bad i cant sleep cause i'm terrified of falling asleep and not waking up. Its horrible.
    • Posted

Did you ever figure out a solution I'm having the same problems! I get chest pains but worst of all is a tingly light headed sensation I have almost all the time. It's almost like I'm weak in my head. Doctors don't know what's wrong and it's freaking me out
    • Posted

Hey tallya, jordan and others...

Only reason why I signed up here is because I feel just like all of you.  Was in Urgent Care thursday because tingly in my right side of face.  Have been dealing with anxiety for 10 years.  Im 33. Recently the constant worry has gotten much worse.  I am hyper aware of EVERY sensation in my body.  A pain, a tingle, a twitch.  I always think that it is the worst case scenario.  Doctor perscribed my Zoloft but dont want to take it.  I want to try other things first.  Better diet, meditation, changing jobs (mine is stressful)  I feel like im losing my mind.  I feel hopeless.  BUT, coming on here, and other sites has at least given me a feeling of not being alone.  That there are others that go through the same thing.  I just wanted to reach out to you and others and hopefully we can bring some type of comfort that we AREN'T crazy.  That we AREN'T alone.  Ive been feeling constant tingly face for 4 days.  I feel kinda blurry, and I dont just mean my vision.  I convinced myself I have a brain tumor because all the symptoms are the same.  Or maybe I have a seizure because certain thoughts have made me feel tingly in my head.  Or I have an infection in my tooth and its traveled to my face and spreading.  Or.......a million other things.  None, are likely true.  Only the worry and anxiety that has partially disabled my life.  We can get past this...

• Posted

Hey tallya, jordan and others...

Only reason why I signed up here is because I feel just like all of you.  Was in Urgent Care thursday because tingly in my right side of face.  Have been dealing with anxiety for 10 years.  Im 33. Recently the constant worry has gotten much worse.  I am hyper aware of EVERY sensation in my body.  A pain, a tingle, a twitch.  I always think that it is the worst case scenario.  Doctor perscribed my Zoloft but dont want to take it.  I want to try other things first.  Better diet, meditation, changing jobs (mine is stressful)  I feel like im losing my mind.  I feel hopeless.  BUT, coming on here, and other sites has at least given me a feeling of not being alone.  That there are others that go through the same thing.  I just wanted to reach out to you and others and hopefully we can bring some type of comfort that we AREN'T crazy.  That we AREN'T alone.  Ive been feeling constant tingly face for 4 days.  I feel kinda blurry, and I dont just mean my vision.  I convinced myself I have a brain tumor because all the symptoms are the same.  Or maybe I have a seizure because certain thoughts have made me feel tingly in my head.  Or I have an infection in my tooth and its traveled to my face and spreading.  Or.......a million other things.  None, are likely true.  Only the worry and anxiety that has partially disabled my life.  We can get past this...

• Posted

I personally had a bad experience with Zoloft. It made my anxiety worse. I am currently on lorazepam and a anti depressant I take at night. And it has made my life better almost 100%. I still get my goofy feeling occasionally but I take my med and it goes away. My advice is don't let it get out of hand before you seek medicine that will work for you and help. I went to a psychiatrist
    • Posted

Thanks Jordan.  I totally agree that Zoloft isnt the right choice right now.  My mom keeps telling me to try some of her Ativan (lorazepam) for those certain moments that its too much.  After I posted this earlier, I felt comfort and a small breath of positivity.  Im still kinda blurry/dizzy and tingly face, but im forcing myself to just be positive right now.  Im ALWAYS negitive and am sick of it.  I get chest pains too, even a constant dull pain that I attribute to sleeping in awkward positions.  I wake up with clenched fists constantly or numb hands because Im in a werid position.  I think its anxiety related as well.  Anyways, nice hearing from you.
    • Posted

I have the exact same symptoms! I take lorazepam 0.5 mg 2-3 times a day
    • Posted

Hi Daneil,

Did you end up taking the Zoloft?

Im going crazy with this tingling, crawling, sometimes pain in my head. I hate going to the doc., or the hospital because they make me feel crazy every time I gorolleyesrolleyes

• Posted

Hello. Your post sounds so much like me. I'm 33, have dealt with anxiety for years and most definitely have the medical worries from the tiniest little thing. I have had the same headache on left side of my head for almost two weeks and the tinkling Is in my face and head and I'm sick of it. I see the neuro next week and had a crush scan about 5 months ago and was normal. I'm not even in a state of panic, I just keep wondering what is causing these tingles. Did yours ever go away?

• Posted

I had that creepy crawling in my head and I started MAX-B12 (got on Amazon) and you put these tiny logenzes under your tongue until they melt.  All my tingling and crawling in my head STOPPED and I take it every day now to make sure that does not come back!  So that tells me that I was low in B12.   Try it!  smile   Thank you to the person I saw this from because it has cured mine!

• Posted

I get a buzzing in my head then a tingling numbness in one side of my face. Then panic sets in which makes me even worse. I know it's a anxiety or panic attack but it scares the crap out of me. I've had 2 Tim's years ago and I keep thinking it's anouther but I've had tests and they said it not. But I still panic I need to know I'm not losing the plot. I've got a lot on my plate at the minute my daughter had a baby 2 days ago and I'm scared to death she won't cope. So I guess that's triggered it off this time. And I know ill get through but it still scares me I suppose it the vicious circle affect again

• Posted

I have been experiencing the tingling head, the strange sensations in my head, the electricity in my legs, the burning sensations. I can't sleep at night for the feeling is overwhelming and I am afraid to sleep at night. I been taking vitamin b -12 for the nerves its helped with the tingling in my toes. I don't get them anymore. Some days I don't feel anything and other days it's like what's going on. I am praying for myself. This all started when I was having heart palpitation and my blood pressure was high. What should I don know. I want to get rid of this ill will feeling!
    • Posted

That is how mine started.  One night I was awaken to a racing heart beat and palpitations.  Had several heart test and they were normal.  Now it is in my head tingles, creepy crawly, and it scares the s**t out of me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.