Stuttering or possible meningitis with mono?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm trying to stop freaking out in the forums so much, but this time I really feel like I should ask since the doctor's office isn't open on the weekend. My neck has hurt and been really stiff for two days now. I haven't had others symptoms of Meningitis (apart from a headache yesterday but it went away), but I've stuttered a few times today which I've never done before and it really worries me because I haven't seen anyone else mention this with Mono, but I have seen that Mono can cause Meningitis. Has anyone stuttered from Mono or ended up with Meningitis while having Mono?

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

try not to freak out there are so many wrird symptoms with this ... my hands and body shake ive become very clumsy and so many other side effects . make am appt with your dr and mention it . it may just be nerves as this virus affects your nerve endings . my teeth have become so sensitive too ... lots of strange things with this virus !

• Posted

Goodness Lori what a time you've been through. Very much hoping that your and Isabelle's messages can give some reassurance to Ciela and any others experiencing such horrible symptoms when going through mono. Still thinking about you, rooting for you and believing in your recovery - hang in there Lori, praying for God's intervention in giving us all on the site breakthrough with our own individual health issues and circumstances.

Craig

• Posted

thank you craig ! getting tired and weary of all this . its such a battle

• Posted

Oh Lori I know, praying God renews our strength and keeps fighting the battle for us until the day of victory and freedom over the things burdening us and holding us back.

Hoping you are feeling okay today Lori and can manage to get a walk by the beach today if you are feeling up to it - still rooting for you and I still truly believe that God has already started the recovery process in your life and even though the manifestations maybe not seen right now, they are going to be seen and that good health and recovery is ahead thanks to Him!

Thinking of you today and sending hugs!

Craig x

• Posted

Hi Lori,

I'm sorry to hear you're still going through all of this too and I hope you feel better soon. I've also noticed some occasional shakiness too, that was one of the first things that worried me so much.

• Posted

thank you ciela yes im on month 7 and the shaking has been just the last few weeks .i hope its a sign that im post viral . please god !

• Posted

Lori and Ciela,

I feel for you both. I am on month 10 and have shakiness, headache, insomnia, body buzzing, muscle, nerve and joint pain. I also have a dry mouth and white tongue which I hope to the high heavens goes back to normal. I can't believe it's been this long with so many symptoms......I was fit and in perfect health in January of this year and then 'boom'.....so isolating and difficult not knowing if and when normalcy will return. Life on hold.

Let's all take a deep breath, believe that our bodies are smart and want to find homeostasis again.

Kiki x

• Posted

Hi Kikisan,

10 months sounds so hard, I'm so sorry you've had to go through this for so long. I've also had dry mouth recently along with the aches too and it's so frustrating to have all of these symptoms. I hope things get better for all of us soon.

• Posted

Hey Lori, all this phase will be part of the post viral effects, it is just what happens during recovery from this thing - it doesn't mean that you be free or it or get well again though, just your body needs time to get to grips with this thing and kick it out once and for all - and it will Lori, believe me it will be kicked out FOR GOOD and you will be FULLY well again. I still believe that for you 100%.

Craig

• Posted

Hey Kiki,

Just a wee message to say hi and just to encourage you don't give up - and of course not giving up doesn't mean to say you have to be in the face of doing lots of activity or fighting it head on - sometimes it's just about being wise and taking a deep breath and step back as you say and just trusting God, remember it's okay and good to rest and remember you will get there!

It truly sounds like it's been an awful year for you Kiki, I do hope so much that next year can be one of recovery - I believe it will be for you and everyone on this thread of the forum. I believe you are going to be well again Kiki, hang in there and sending best wishes, thinking about you.

Craig x

• Posted

thank you craig oh i do hope it is post viral as these last 2 months have been so bad.

• Posted

Thank you for your words of encouragement, Ciela. What a strange world where I feel more connected to all of you folks virtually who can understand the hardship I am going through more than my closest real friends and family....

Keep going...we got this!

Kiki x

• Posted

Craig,

You 'wee' messages go a long way. Thank you so much for all of your support especially in light of your health struggles.....truly grateful. I slept eight hours straight last night for the first time since March (yes, with a sleeping aid, but who cares - I did it!)....as you may recall the insomnia has been torture for me. I would like to take this decent night's sleep as a positive sign. I also feel that I am able to breathe a little more deeply which will enable me to start a mindfulness class that begins on Thursday. I wouldn't have been able to even contemplate a group class of anything until now...I know these are baby steps but I must remind myself that progress is being made, despite the ongoing symptoms.

I hope you are feeling hopeful about your back problems. My back, neck and base of my skull are very sore and painful due to the virus(es). I am finding acupuncture helpful. However, finding a good practitioner is not easy. I am in Toronto where there is a huge Chinese population and even here I have gone through 5 until I landed on someone who I feel is a real master. I am also taking Chinese herbs daily. Maybe it's helping, who knows!......will keep you and all posted on my progress.

Take good care,

Thinking of you too,

Kiki x

• Posted

Hang in there Lori, God knows the bigger picture and even if we don't understand things now, that's okay because we can trust His plans for us.

• Posted

Hi Kiki,

Just reading your messages really hitting home how tough a time you've been through and just how much you've had to suffer and go through this last year, I'm definitely still thinking about you and rooting for you and believing that you are going to get through this and be well again.

That really is a good step forward getting a much better night's sleep after so many struggles in this area, I do hope so much that can continue Kiki - sleep and rest is so important to your body and it is awful and draining and frightening when you can't feel like you can get that. Hoping so much that the mindfulness class goes well and can help give some real techniques that you find helpful and very useful particularly in the hard moments. That is real progress just to hopefully be able to go to that Kiki and just remember don't put any pressure on yourself, and as you say all about taking it one step at a time. That's all I've been able to do too with things lately and this last period has been full of ups and downs for me too just praying for some safe, stable and solid ground where God is protecting us and helping us to rebuild and grow again in good ways.

I'm glad you've come across a herbalist who seems to be a really good one, sometimes it's just trial and error with these things and if you find a good one who is giving good advice that is working and that is trustworthy then for sure stick with them - hoping so much God can bless them to give you the right advice and supplements Kiki!

Thanks too for your best wishes for me Kiki, it means a lot as have a big week ahead with appointments and things too, just praying God gets us through!

Take care and remember you are going to get through this - you've made it this far Kiki through the worst part of the road I believe and your path is going to become much smoother and straighter I really believe that - thinking of you!

Craig x

• Posted

yes sleep is so important and this virus messes with your sleep so much .

im also taking sleeping aids both pharmaceutical and natural ...whatever it takes to sleep !!

waking up throughout the night is awful ! the days are already bad but with no sleep its all a nighmare !

• Posted

Oh Lori!

This horrid virus has messed with my sleep for almost 10 months now.....yes to pharmaceuticals and natural.....anything!

Nice that you have nature to boost you a bit...I am in Toronto and have been craving getting out of town but I have been reluctant as all of the doctors are here....I too used to run (up until January this year!) and like you became sick overnight.....my symptoms have been all over the map and quite severe. Now the worst are shakiness/weakness, headache, neck/back pain and joint stiffness. I hope to the high heavens that my body is fighting hard. It is so difficult to understand what's going on and I have been to so many doctors and have been trying everything you can imagine to boost my immune system........and yes, I want so much to have my body back so I can run and do all the crazy fitness I love so much......sigh.....

Kiki x

• Posted

Hey Kiki / Lori,

So many runners / ex-runners on this forum. I haven't run for years but I used to run a lot and it was my passion loved it so much. I would love to be able to again but just seems so many hurdles physically and mentally to get over to ever get there again and I worry about injuries and everything. Just grateful to be able to get out walking each day and praying God can help us to be able to do this during recovery and that there can be a time where we can all run again, be it on this earth on in heaven when God gives us perfect bodies!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.