Sudden Muscle weakness, Joint cracking and popping?

Posted , 40 users are following.

My age is 29, from the last 4-5 months I have been experiencing strange symptoms. All my joints are cracking, muscles are weakening day by day. It appears that the Flesh beneath skin is vanishing. Sometimes I feel mild pain while moving my joints. Mild nausea, previously I had bowel movement once in 3 days now it is on daily basis, it seems like the body is not able to properly absorb nutrients. I can see losse skin on my hands, arm pits etc. The strangest thing is that if I put flashlight under my hand then I can clearly see the veins, why the flesh had become transparent? Hair loss from all over body, especially from the scalp. 2 Months ago I gone through a number of tests and the only thing came up was Vitamin D deficiency (23 ng/ml). Montly dose of 200,000 IU was prescribed. Itchining on skin, it gets red too quickly. What all of these symptoms may meanm not that I do smoke about 10 Cigrates a day and slo take Tea 2 times a day. Furthermore I was not tested for Kidney and Thyoroid. Could there be any problem with these two?

5 likes, 153 replies

153 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hello everyone, I was having the same symptoms, muscle weakness, joint pop and crack(mostly on my legs), dryness on my foot first and now on my hands. I am dealing with this for 5 years now, I am sure it's an infection and now set for colonoscopy to see what is going on. Get your abdomen checked well by the doctor as well as this can be life threatening. I will update you guys with what came up & go to a doctor today & tell him to take it seriously. Good luck

• Posted

I am the oppisite in my CFS with joint cracking, I have experienced less cracking and more stiffnes to be honest. I have not had a good "back crack" in years, when I am stiff in the morning and try to crack my back on my bed I just can't, it hurts my body refuses to crack now.

• Posted

Crazy i have the exact symptoms and same age! Low vitamin d as well and i have a had a history of low platelets.. my thyriod came back fine .. but my joints and myscles the facia is all crazking wearing down suddenly .. hopefully we find answers i guess i wrote this to let u know ur not the only one smile
    • Posted

Do you also find it hard to pick up items? Do your muscles "jump" or twitch?

• Posted

Yes they do and occasionally yes i am dropping things or dont pick them up correctly since ive been feeling this way
    • Posted

Wow! This is exactly what im going through. How long has it been happening for you? Its been about 2 months for me.
    • Posted

About alitte longer than a year now sad.. yu have had low platelets aswell?
    • Posted

Hi Samantha - I don't think the dr has checked my platelet count. Have you found out anything?

• Posted

Jacob, I noticed you haven't posted any follow up in a while. Were you ever able to find out the diagnosis.

I notice a lot of the answer seekers have symptoms after a FLU, my twitches started after a flu. My sternum hurts as well as my left ribcage (sore to touch and as if someone squeezed me inside). Everything hurts, if I touch my skin it hurts and burns. ANA is negative. My platelets are ok but my Fibrinogen and Sedimentation rate are both slightly elevated.

I do not know if we have anything in common (except for onset post FLU and vitamin D deficiency). I also have hypothyroidism (Hashimotos). I am not sure where to go and seek answers any more. I can't function. I have a 16 month old baby... I am desperate to find the cause of all of this.

• Posted

Ivana , hypothyroidism can lead to myopathy. Mine started with twitching and sternum pain. They initially diagnosed me with costochondritis which is inflammation of the sternum and ribcage . They were wrong and I kept telling them that. Get checked for anything like lupus or connective tissue. Chronic fatigue syndrome mimics a lot of issues...don't give up. I even had the Mayo clinic get it wrong

• Posted

Mine was myopathy...don't know if it's reversible but mine is severe

• Posted

Muscle, join, blurred eyes all started around the same time four years ago. Done over handled different lab tests including hashimoto, lime disease, etc, Name it MRIs, ultrasound, X-ray all came back normal. Now it passed to my entire family. I asure it easily transmissible by sharing plates or from the air. Anyone you come across diagnosing or solutions?
    • Posted

Any luck finding out what this is. I too am having something silimar
    • Posted

I have the same sympton. Really need to understand what going on.
    • Posted

I think this is some sort of bacteria or virus or infection, something doctors do not know about. What are your symptoms and when did they start? What tests have you had done?
    • Posted

Month and a half after coming back from dubia.

Lost weight, had stomach paon for two weeks. cracking early morning mostly and pins and needles.

I think it is contagous as my wife now has cracking in the morning.

Also noticed people at work cracking.

Doctor says it normal and I have annixety and want to pit me on depression tabs.

I'm going try and help from infectous deasese clinic

• Posted

They want to put me on depression pklls aswell i guess thats there answer when they cant clinically find something wrong .. i too feel like i have passed it to my spouse he know cracks and has joint pain nd he is strong health as a ox.. This is very concerning im to the point where hard grinding is happening in my elbos and ankles! Yet they still cant find whats wrong.. was anyone here on prednisone?
    • Posted

Same as your symptons. I think she has just got the cracking but agree with the doctor its anniexty and depression. Normal bloods at the hospital twice ok

apart from a small kidney stone. They have booked me in for stomach scan and another blood to do with atheritis. I think thay will came back normal. BTW I also hqve pins and needles on and off

• Posted

Not yet. Visited many neurologists, done MRIs etc nothing except EBV which is in an inactive state. Doctors think it doesn't exist. Very confusing

• Posted

Hi keen51958,

How are you? Have same symptoms and I'm noticing that my family is getting too...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.