Sudden Muscle weakness, Joint cracking and popping?

Posted , 40 users are following.

My age is 29, from the last 4-5 months I have been experiencing strange symptoms. All my joints are cracking, muscles are weakening day by day. It appears that the Flesh beneath skin is vanishing. Sometimes I feel mild pain while moving my joints. Mild nausea, previously I had bowel movement once in 3 days now it is on daily basis, it seems like the body is not able to properly absorb nutrients. I can see losse skin on my hands, arm pits etc. The strangest thing is that if I put flashlight under my hand then I can clearly see the veins, why the flesh had become transparent? Hair loss from all over body, especially from the scalp. 2 Months ago I gone through a number of tests and the only thing came up was Vitamin D deficiency (23 ng/ml). Montly dose of 200,000 IU was prescribed. Itchining on skin, it gets red too quickly. What all of these symptoms may meanm not that I do smoke about 10 Cigrates a day and slo take Tea 2 times a day. Furthermore I was not tested for Kidney and Thyoroid. Could there be any problem with these two?

5 likes, 153 replies

153 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Worst for me. I have two children and no one believe me. I think my work colleagues may also have caught it.
  • Posted

I'm not sure how it is passed but haven't had sex for a while and not really kissing. So is it air Bourne or skin contact. Mites or parasite.

No win situation can lock your self up. They will put me on tje pills

• Posted

I had a bout on loose stools yesterday night now the cracking is less. Odd.

I'm booking in for private clinic infecuois deasese doctor.

I'll keep you posted.

• Posted

Hi I would recommend getting a skin scrapping to find out if it's a mite on skin....I have been trying to tell dermatologist about their being something going round but they just think I'm crazy and tried putting me antidepressants let us know how you get on

• Posted

I know this sounds strange but just wanted to find what geographical location you work in.

Middlesex for me.

• Posted

Went to the htd in london they say I'm all fine.

Blood and stool tests are fine.

Eye Itching is getting worse and hand are now more itchy than burning.

I think the musle joint pain is moving to my chest.

I got the the demetoglgist to do the scrap. But again said it was in my mind.

I guess I will end up in AE at some point if this carries on.

Just pray

• Posted

Hi mhah,

I just wanted to understand a few more of your symptoms.

1) Do you have stomach pains on and off?

2) Constant pains/internally in the lower/upper back and hips?

2) Occasional Cramps?

3) Sometimes itchy, mine is on my hands and is real bad?

4) twitching eyes?

Thanks

• Posted

I have been to the hospital and they have done further blood and stools.

I have had back and stomach pains and now some chest pain.

Really worried...

• Posted

Same here but all tests have been negative. It's almost like something is messing with our nervous system. My chest and shoulders crack constantly

• Posted

I'm at 33 y/o male. Let me start from the beginning about 6 weeks ago I woke up with an eye floater. I figured it would pass, but when I didn't I saw my eye DR. He did a full examination and told me he didn't think it was serious, and sometimes happens when the liquid in your eye crystallizes. But to come back it it got worse and I saw peppered spots. Being the person I am I worry, so I got an MRI done. Completely clear. Then I began having pain in my shoulders and upper back. This worried me further. Then I began having pain in my joints in my arms. (More worry) A week or so later I started noticing muscle twitches mainly in my calfs and biceps. I decided to looked it up and the first thing I saw was ALS. This is where my nightmare began! This scared me to no end. I have a new baby boy on the way, all I think of is I won't be here for him and my wife. From there I noticed my muscles here burning out quickly and would start shaking if I used them too much. I went to first care and they are the gamut of blood tests on me, just about every one you and have. All came back normal. I was referred to a neurologist. (Waiting in the appointment) Since then my joints in my knees, shoulders, elbows and hands pop all the time. Now my arms and legs are sore all the time and it I even stretch is causes me pain. Also I get little twitches by my eyes, and my hand are a bit shaky. Please someone help me!

• Posted

I'm so sorry you're having all these symptoms. I've had all kinds of weird and unpleasant symptoms since I was diagnosed with ME/CFS, and I know it can be very scary. You're doing all the right things--getting bloodwork and seeing a neurologist. The Internet can be both a good and bad thing when it comes to self-diagnosis. When I first got ill, when I went on the Internet I was sure I had either cancer or lupus. I was wrong on both counts, and was eventually diagnosed with ME/CFS. You're jumping to a worst-case scenario. For instance, all the symptoms you describe could also be ME/CFS. Of course I'm not saying it is--just that your symptoms could have many different causes. I started getting some bad floaters and ran to the doctor, thinking all kinds of horrible things. Turns out they were nothing, other than annoying. On this forum, I've seen people mention all kinds of pain, muscle twitches, joint pain and joints popping--you name it. I would think a visit to the neurologist may allay many of your concerns. Just be persistent until you get a diagnosis, either from this doctor, or another. I know the waiting is difficult while you're thinking all these horrible thoughts. I'm sure others will post and help you through this time.

• Posted

Thank you so much, Jackie!

I greatly appreciate your advise and kinds words. These last 6 weeks have been the worst of my life. Truly a nightmare I would give anything to wake up from. Self diagnosing myself rocked me to the core and put me in a mental state I wish upon nobody. I did just to worst case scenario. But I am trying to stay positive and live day to day loveing my wife and son with all my heart and to the fullest. I will brings up what you mentioned at my next Dr appointment on the 11th. Again, thank you kindly!

• Posted

I was finally diagnosed with myopathy, severe mitochondrial breakdown. I am fighting but now my digestive system is slowing. I am only 39 with a beautiful family. Please ask for a test on mitochondrial breakdown of the cells. Keep pushing, even the Mayo clinic misdiagnosed me and thought I was crazy.
    • Posted

Are you able to private message me with the contact if the doctor who tested mitochondria for you?
    • Posted

Hello Lorraine,

If you mention this to your doctor, they should be able to arrange for this at a local lab or hospital. It can be done through blood or muscle biopsy.

• Posted

Were your symptoms the same as mine, Jeremy? How long have you been dealing with this? I will certainly add this to the list of things to bring up.
    • Posted

Looking at the symptoms and this could be a real possibility. They are my in a nutshell. My eyes hurt, my muscles seem flaccid, burn out quickly, I've lost some weight.... hmmm. I am without a doubt asking about this at my appointment.

• Posted

Akjrod, yes I must say my symptoms are extremely like yours. My first symptom was eye sight and headaches. My joints started popping, I got twitches cramps and muscle pains, I started loosing fat or tissue, muscles got flaccid, I had weakness and twitching in the face and stomach pains. My emg and blood work was clean. My symptoms started in January and have progressed rather quickly. I try to exercise but it just doesn't seem to do much good.

• Posted

Akjrod,

We are also similar in age. I just turned 39 and have an amazing 9 year old . I fear he will grow up without me. My wife has confidence. I just don't understand it all. I try to trust in God but I often wonder did I do anything in the past as far as getting sick or not noticing something earlier? I never drank, smoked and tried to live right. I watched what I ate but maybe I'm not suppose to know. I just pray for recovery or a halt.

• Posted

We all have similar symptoms. May I ask any one of you if ithis disease could be related to a certain racial group or country? For example I am black African origin
    • Posted

I am Caucasian in America so I don't think it's dependent on race?

• Posted

I understand your fear completely, Jeremy. I have a 7 y/o and another son on the way. I have the exact same fears, and I too try to trust in god. Try to turn it over to Him. I I never smoked, and don't drink either. Continue to have faith, brother. Since your diagnosis what kind of treatment have you been on? I will pray for you as well Jeremy.

• Posted

Akjrod, I have been on Prednisone but it hasn't helped. My biggest fear was my digestion system slowing which is what has happened. I wonder if I have had an undiagnosed thyroid problem after all these years and this helped contribute to this? Just terrified my friend.

• Posted

I will ask about my thyroid as well when I have my appointment. I thought they did a blood test checking it, but I'll be 100% sure by the time my appointment happens.

Only prednisone? A pain receiver? Nothing for the actual condition itself? Is there nothing to combat it?

I completely understand the terror your going through, friend. I stayed up worried at night. We just need to stay strong for our families. Trust in god. I'll continue to pray for you brother.

• Posted

I can get pain medicine but I am told at my stage there is no reversing it.
    • Posted

I'm ok my friend. I'm taking things day by day and trusting the Lord will guide me and protect me. My throat has been bothering me some, not immensely. Outside of that no new symptoms thank heavens. Still dealing with the twitching, (actually a little more in my stomach muscles) muscles burning out, and softening of my muscles. I have 2 Dr appointments Tuesday. I hope to come up with a game plan and go from there. I want to see aggressive with testing and going forward. How are you, Jeremy?

• Posted

I understand the throat thing. Mine seemed to close up at times. That has gone away. My stomach does twitch but it's the weakest part of my body. I have to be careful with how I sleep and move. My muscles do burn still but fatigue is a big issue for me now. I hope your doctors are able to diagnose and treat you soon my friend. I too will pray for you. I think we just need to see small improvements here and there . I know that works wonders for me. I pray God uses me in some way through this and through healing , I can give testimony through his grace . Praying for you and your family.

• Posted

I was doing some research the other day. Science still can't explain the human body . I believe that's because of the complexity of God's design and imprint . The body has a way of healing, there are so many stories online about miraculous recovery and unexplained miracles of healing. I am holding onto this my friend and trying to forgive myself first for any role I played in my situation. I look forward to your report from your appointments.

• Posted

I believe we all have a gift that we can use to serve the lord. And I think your on to something in regards to the complexity of our bodies. Small improvements would be great! I appreciate everything, Jeremy! My first appointment is in the morning with the neurologist. Then 2 hours later with my GP. I'll let you know!

• Posted

Just left the neurologist. He says he sees nothing wrong with me. He thinkings my muscle twitches are benign. He thinking basically all this was manafested by me hyper analyzing things. He says he can tell I'm one of those that at very in tune with my body and began looking for things. He stuck me with needles and I guess my muscles didn't give off patterns consistent with disease. But suggested I see a rheumatologist to look further into it. I'll talk to my GP here in an hour and see what she says going forward.

• Posted

But with me seeing my muscles shrinking/becoming soft, and my loose skin, and all the twitching, and the burning out I am still skeptical.
    • Posted

I know how you feel. My emg was normal and I was told it's in my head. We know our body's better than anyone. Don't give up though if you know somethings not right. Thank you for sharing this

• Posted

Yea, the neurologist told me he thought they were benign twitches. my GP is running a couple more blood tests and I go back in 2 weeks. She put me in some meds, but if I don't see improvement I am being referred to a rheumatologist. I am hoping for the best and pray. Keep the faith brother.

• Posted

I had an endoscopy done today actually. My stomach has shrink some and has inflammation but they don't know from what. I am praying though, for both of us. Maybe you will get some answers soon. That in itself is a relief.

• Posted

Hey brother, are you still around?
    • Posted

Hey Jeremy. How did you get tested for this?  Was it through a blood test?
    • Posted

To test for myopathy, they can do a CK blood test , it usually finds it. Mine was normal and I had a muscle biopsy done which was painful, it confirmed myopathy. Your doctor can also order a blood test to check for mitochondrial function but only A few actually know about that test. Are these the conditions you were asking about?
    • Posted

You should check out the video on YouTube. BX protocol for Lyme. It will shock you. Also talks about mitochondrial cells. Hope you’re doing ok
    • Posted

Thanks. In the beginning we thought it was Lyme. After thorough testing by major expensive labs and a lumbar puncture, I was completely negative. I'm doing a gluten free Paleo diet right now.its hard, but I'm staying with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.