Suddenly blurred vision in Left eye. No one knows the reason

Posted , 70 users are following.

Hi,

I am 30, male, computer programmer. I've never had any problem in my eyes before, but 13 days ago my left eye got blurred and then I started getting dizzy sometimes. I went to the GP and he said it could be conjunctivitis (I didn't think it was, because my eye wasn't red or sticking). I applied the eyewash he prescribed for 5 days, no improvements though.

Then I went to the eye hospital and they made a lot of exams (also with dilated pupil) and the doctor there said she couldn't find anything wrong in my eyes (My problem is in the left eye only) and then asked me to go back in 5 weeks time (24/08)

After these exams I started felling my vision getting better. But today it is more blurred than yesterday (less than in the first days though). I check this by looking in some objects at home, which are always in the same place,and see if I can read the text on them. Other test is to try to focus the computer screen with the right eye covered... I could see reasonable well yesterday, today it is worse, but still better than the first days.

After going to the eye hospital I went to the GP again, and he told me I should go to optician and maybe find a pair o glasses which would make me feel more comfortable.

I don't want to wear glasses before be sure what was the cause for that problem. By my experience in this periodo of 13 days my vision goes better some days and worse other days. Maybe (and hopefully) it can be reversible.

The symptoms I feel in my left eye are:

- Blurred vision (Some days better, some days worse).

- Sometimes it is itching;

- Sometimes if hurts a bit;

- Sometimes I feel like there is something inside it;

- Sometimes I have a feeling as the eyelid is a bit glued;

Something I tested yesterday was to see how light I have going through one eye and compare to the other.

During the day I could see things with more brightness in the right eye (the good one).

At night however, the left eye can capture much more light (still blurred though) as I almost thought I had infrared vision in my left eye...lol!!

All this is confusing for me...

I have high cholesterol (280) and I am over weight (Not hugely though). I also don't have a healthy diet.

I always have perfect vision and now I am scared as this symptoms could be an alert for any other serious problem I have and don't know yet.

P.S.: Sorry for my English, It's difficult to me to described the symptoms as my English is not so good.

Can any one help me please?

3 likes, 104 replies

104 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm having the same problem in my left eye. I did get lazik done three years ago so I thought it was because of that. But I just found out I'm a Diabetic.  32 years old And was told that is one of the signs If your blood sugar is high ur eyes will be blurry some time both or just one. So maybe ask your doctor for a Diabetes test 

• Posted

Do all of you with blurred vision in your left eye happen to be right-handed?  I am a 33 year old programmer and recently noticed my left eye has blurry vision and my left eye cannot read text unless I am very close, but my right eye has crystal clear vision and my right eye can read text from very far away.  Strange.  Been having ongoing headaches too.
    • Posted

Hi nobdy1,

Please consult with a eye speclisist or retina speclisist doctor. may it will be vein occlusions in your eyes. Do you feel any bleeding spot in your eyes?

I am suffering from same problem, doctors said it is retinal vasculitis. please consult with your doctor. and reply me whatever your doctor will suggest you. Gd luck

• Posted

Dear All,

I am also suffering from same problem, since last 10day i noticed i have blurred vision in my left eye.

i have gone through all eye tests and as per doctors my eye has no problem..... but still i have blurred vision in my left eye.

please help me to suggest if anybody find any solution for the said problem.

Thanks,

Praveen verma

• Posted

hi Parveen Ji

I am suffering from same problem

I hope your eye is cured

please share your treatment and procedure

how long it took

please help

thanks 

• Posted

I woke up two weeks wait a blurry left eye.  I went to the eye dr who thought maybe it was a cataract and wants to do surgery.  I started using gel eye drops, and blurry vision is gone and I can see fine.  I too use computer a lot.  I’m not sure what happened, but it’s fine now.
  • Posted

Its my right eye. I felt a kind of heaviness in it a while ago, but no other symptoms. Glaucoma and blindness run in my family along with Diabetes. So the eye doctor has been keeping a close watch.

This last thing, he said nothing has changed since my last visit. Now I don't see clearly out if it. I'd I'm looking at the paper and close the bad eye, I can see the print. Oppositely, the print is blurry, like someone put wet tissue paper down on parts of the text. I'm out of town and get back on Sunday.

I think I'm changing doctors and I'm going to Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. They just do eyes and I hear it's a teaching hospital, so they are very thorough and have latest innovations. Do you have a hospital like that in your area?

Best of luck. Reply to me so I can let you know what they find.

• Posted

Man, I hope that you registered and still receive updates because what has happened to you, it is happening with me right now.

Same symptoms, same job, same eye, the same loss of acuity and of course, nobody can figure what is wrong.

The proposed solution, as in your case are glasses but I can't convince anyone (until now at least) that the fact that it happened overnight is important and could be significative

If you read this, please respond.

• Posted

hello,

i suddenly went blurry vision in my right eye. i went to Wills Eye hospital where they told me i had a stroke in the back of my eye. very common. mine may have been due to high blood pressure. a vein popped in my eye

• Posted

Can i ask what test they used for diagnosis? Thanks.
    • Posted

Lee,

they just took a series of intense photos of my eyes where they could see what was going on. all they do is EYES. gotta go back Monday

• Posted

Hi Is this post still active I'm having real trouble with my right eye and am really scared

• Posted

Any updates on these posts, please. I know the original poster post is over a ten years old.

I have been experience buried vision my left eye, I think it is due to having a lazy as a child or myopia even. Had eye test done few months or ago, they didn't seem to be worried and send me on my way. I am going to make another appointment as I am really worry about going blind in that eye and really scared! Someone give me any advice??

Thanks!!!

• Posted

Just wondered how the tests went. My left eye went blurry about a week ago. Went to optician who couldn’t see anything obviously wrong. Am going back tomorrow to have pupil dilated so he can have another look. Eye hasn’t improved but got no worse. If I look at a straight edge (window frame) with right eye it’s purfectly straight but with the left the bottom bows out and all of the sight from this eye is blurred. Has anyone come up with a prognosis on here?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.