Suddenly feeling light headed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone ever all of a sudden get this weird rushing feeling theough there body then get dizzy & light headed ? I got this about an hour ago had a good morning picked my grandson up from nursery came home went to make him lunch then all of sudden felt so light headed , had to lie on my bed for ages was feeling hot & clammy then felt cold , I've had this before but not quite as bad it really scares me when it happens & makes me feel so anxious , I suffer from anxiety anyway & felt so good for managing to do normal things this morning now I feel anxious & scared & don't want to go out 😥

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Fiona. Anxiety is horrible. I suffer with it too, especially the mornings.

I really don't like or want to feel this way.

I also have depression .

People who've never suffered with it often don't understand how

debilitating anxiety can be. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

We're here to support each other.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today. xx

• Posted

Hi hunni yeah it's so awful I'm usually at my worst in morning too , I suffer with anxiety, depression & Panic attacks I've been on Citaloprin now for about 6 weeks & feel they are helping me a bit it's only 10mg & doc wants me to take 20 now but I've a fear of tablets as well , I just think to myself it must be something else that's causing the sudden rush of feeling lightheaded & dizzy it can't be my anxiety as it comes from feeling normal so out of the blue & I start to over analyse everything it's horrible, my good day turns bad so quick as I don't want to go out incase it happens when I'm out the house , I'm feeling quite anxious today as I'm thinking it's going to happen again , I hope your having a better day xx

• Posted

Hi Fiona. I've been on Venlafaxine for about three months.

I used to be on 40mg of Paroxetine for a number of years then it began to

stop working. It's now considered one of the older antidepressants,

but while it worked it was great. The doctors don't like to increase the

dosage as it can only be increased by a small amount.

After much trial and error, Venlafaxine was decided on. I'm only on

on 112mg daily. 75mg in the morning and 37·5mg at night. ( to help me sleep)

It's supposed to help with depression and anxiety but so far it hasn't

done anything for the anxiety. My doctor wants to slowly increase the dose

over a period of time.

Everyone is different and there's so many variations in symptoms

of anxiety. Some of us can experience the same type of symptoms.

They're all horrible whatever they are. Our minds start overthinking

which is not good for us. Hugs. xx

• Posted

Awww Chriselora, you have us, darling, when you're in a bad way.

We're always here for anyone - except I seem to be posting messages to the wrong people at the moment, which is worrying.

But I've been awake all night (I work night shifts) so as I couldn't sleep I hauled out the laptop.

Time for bed, said Zebedee.     questionrazzarrow

love Tess xxx

• Posted

Fiona, as a nurse I urge you to put aside your fears and get on to 20mg citalopram.

And it's normal to wake up feeling worse when you're depressed.

Not that that is much comfort, I know, but little steps, Fiona. Little steps.

Keep telling us how you are and I'll try to answer the right people before the men in white coats come for me. It's only a matter of time.

x Tess

• Posted

Thank you Tess , do you think I will be ok on the 20 as I'm scared of side affects or not feeling in control , I'm anxious about these things happening as it took me weeks to even take the 10 xx

• Posted

Be a bit careful with venlafaxine.

I would go back to your doctor and ask him/her for a bog-standard SSRI.

Just sayin'.

love Tess xxx

• Posted

Thank you so much Tess I appreciate everything you say & for replying to me xx

• Posted

It's an awful feeling to have I hope you get something to help you , how does your anxiety affect your daily life ? Mine stops me wanting to go out but I've been a lot braver since even taking the 10 mg of citaloprin but still unable to travel out my home town due to getting so anxious being away from home I don't like to walk anywhere incase I get dizzy or lighthearted either & when I get a scare like yesterday it sets me back so much xx

• Posted

As a nurse I can tell you that you'll feel better.

Truly. Go for it, Fiona, and then see what happens.

love Tess xxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Fiona. Just reading your reply to Chriselora and honestly Fiona, I could have written that myself, !!!! It is identical to the way I am feeling. I too am on 10 mg Cit anf because of my age ( I am the wrong side of 60 ) I am scared to up my dose. But I don't know how much longer I can put up with feeling like this.  Chuffed cos I'm having a "good" day then out of the the blue I feel as if I am about to keel over !!! It is so debilitating, I just want to feel just a bit more normal.  Luv Lily xx

• Posted

Thank you Tess. I appreciate your support very much. Not being able

to sleep is horrible. I hope you manage to get some sleep now.

My husband has an inherited medical condition called

Hereditary Haemorrhagic Telangiactesia. or HHT. I don't know if you've

heard of it.

Not many people, even in the medical profession, have heard of it. I keep an information sheet of the condition to

give the paramedics to read if they haven't come across it before.

Very basically he has nosebleeds. Some of them so bad

he has to be taken to hospital by ambulance. He's had two bad bleeds

this year. It's a scary thing to see.

That certainly doesn't help my anxiety.

It's life and I just have to do the best I can, just as we all have to.

Thank you again for your support Tess. Hugs. xxxx

• Posted

Aww Lily your so not alone but hopefully we will get better in time , think we both need to try to be brace together & up our dose it's just so scary I think I'm scared of everything at times , I'm feeling kind of tingling all over today it's only way I can explain it , but I think it's my anxiety from yesterday or I hope anyway oh to feel normal would be wonderful, I hope you have a better day today & keep in touch love n hugs xx

• Posted

I've got the prescription here Tess just so scared I really want to take it I do just need to build myself up again to be brace today is a off day feeling very stressed just want it to go away but I will soldier on just another off day xxx

• Posted

Thank you Tess. I appreciate your advice..I will talk to my doctor at my next appointment which

is next week.

Love and hugs. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.