Suicidal thoughts.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have some major anxiety issues, and I am tried of dealing with them. At first, I thought something was wrong with my heart. Next, I was afraid of pulmonary embolism. Then poison, and a whole lot of other things. Now I recently am deathly afraid of one of those chestbuster aliens from the movies, and I have drove myself insane. All I want to do is kill myself, and I am only 14. I don't want to deal with this anxiety anymore.

3 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

How do I stop this fear from controlling my life?
  • Posted

The fear keeps on coming back and popping out of nowhere, I have had a total of 4 panic attacks today. At school I had to go to the office for the whole day and all I did was cry.
    • Posted

Brandon, this must be awful for you.

What do your parents and your doctor have to say about your problems?

• Posted

They say that it my fear is just fiction, that is all the say. My life is completely awful right now.
    • Posted

From what you have described I feel fairly certain that your fears are very real to you.

Do you have anyone at all that you feel comforable discussing your problems with?

• Posted

I do see a therapist, but he doesn't help me sadly. I think my last option is taking some medicine. Talking doesn't work anymore.... I'm so sad...
  • Posted

Have anyone of you had a ridiculous fear like this?
    • Posted

Brandon, I think you will find that most people have at some time experienced irrational fears like this, but the thoughts seldom persist once, as you say they are classified in the mind as 'rediculous'.

Half the problem is realising that they are rediculous in the first place. The rest of it is down to common sense and basic survival instinct.

• Posted

I have noticed today that the fear is getting less and less powerful now.
    • Posted

Honestly though, I hate my mind. All the things it comes up with is ridiculous and dumb and makes me think that I am insane..
    • Posted

Very well done.

Try to keep up the good work and do not give in to irrational thoughts.

You will be surprised just how good your life will become after a while.

• Posted

All it demonstrates to me is that you have a good solid imagination that needs a bit of control.

Our human imagination is one of the greatest things that differentiates us from the animals and without it we wouldn't be human.

If it hadn't been for newton's imagination we would never have known about gravity, and if it hadn't been for Eratosthenes imagination we would still think that the earth was flat.

There is nothing wrong with your imagination Brandon, all you have to do is to control it and not pay attention to irrational ones.

• Posted

I feel like it is going to happen now, the fears just came out of nowhere...
    • Posted

It is now up to you to say to yourself...this is my most excellent imagination playing tricks on me again.

I have confidence in you to do it Brandon, now you have some confidence in yourself.

• Posted

It feels so wierd.. in the edge of my mind it feels like something will happen...
    • Posted

Well, scenes of my dying usually play in my head when I start to feel something weird in my chest or stomach.
    • Posted

Just to put your mind at rest, in cases of intense anxiety it is not unusual for the chest to tighten and the stomach to react - this is just part of the course.

The question is, do you really believe that at this moment there is the slightest chance of you dying?

Incidentally, have you had anything to eat today, and if so what and when?

• Posted

I ate a sandwhich today, just a normal one with lettuce and meat. Sometimes I do think I am going to die right at that moment.
    • Posted

Thanks for getting back to me Brandon.

I am very certain that you are not going to die.

It is very clear to me that your anxiety attacks are sometimes getting the better of you, and when that happens you feel that it is the end of the world.

I'm also sure that in your heart you know that all these fears you experience are irrational, and if you could only just believe this then your quality of life would improve by leaps and bounds, and I think you would  be a much happier person.

Do you think it would help you if you made it your ambition/ target to be a much happier person, and strive every day to tell yourself 'today has been good, so let's now aim for another good day tomorrow'? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.