Surgical meno hell

Posted , 8 users are following.

Me again, I can't even think straight any more - constant headaches, such fatigue, weak and wobbly, anxiety and health anxiety, earache making me think brain tumor, oh God its hell. Can't sleep with heart thumping, ringing ears, face ache, bone ache. Doctors don't care - tried supplements, loads of water, stomach problems panic attacks, weird spaced out all the time - sick of this day in day out same old. Had a gut full of this am I ever ever ever gonna feel any better, so depressing just existing .

1 like, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have several of these symptoms also. I have a lot more too, that aren't on your list. Taking some vitamins and some natural things to try and regulate hormones and feel better. Yesterday and today have been a bit better than the last 2 months. Fingers crossed we all get the relief we deserve 
  • Posted

Hi Lou, I genuinely feel your pain and distress. Although not surgical my symptoms started just as suddenly & dramatically, and devastated me physically, emotionally and mentally. 19 months on things have improved. Nothing is as severe, but new symptoms have developed. I seriously believe I nearly died last year. But I didn't & neither will you. All the medications given me just made me worse, so I've had to do it 'raw.' I literally asked God to not wake me up in the morning. I begged my husband to have me sectioned but he wouldn't. One evening I was walking the streets crying out loud it was all so bad. Tremors, anxiety, panic attacks, black depression, acid reflux, tinnitus, vertigo, constipation, diarreah, off-balance, lump in throat, headache/migraine, jolting awake, racing heart, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, nightmares, body pain, bladder pain, weight loss, bloating, just too much to list! I assume I will gradually get better and better, but it sure is a slow process, two steps forward, one step back. Just found out I have gallstones too which is genetic as three sisters also have gallbladder problems. So i think theres usually more than just one thing going on, so make sure you ask for all kinds of blood tests/scans you can get if only to put your mind at ease. I pray you will get through all this and be stronger for it. lots of love xxxxx
    • Posted

Hi bimbo

I have just read your post and every single thing I have except constipation . Last night was a terrible one,woke after an hour with tight chest and heartburn and not knowing where I was. I am dealing with this burning mouth and a horrible dry tongue and acid reflux again today. I am so fed up I feel I want someone to look after me. I never look forward to the next day so can't plan things with my family. My body feels like I have the flu today 😣 Ringing ears,buzzing face,jaw ache,shivery,nauseous,feels like a pulse in my face. I don't know how to keep going and I am a person who loves doing things. How can it change you like this? Sorry for moaning,no one else understands xx

• Posted

I generally feel like I want to be sectioned until it passes and I can't believe I'm saying something like that
    • Posted

Brimbo, reading your post made me tear up. Im so sorry for what you have been through. You gave me hope though when you said things have improved. Yesterday was a rough day for me, I cried so much. The shortness of breath, anxiety and depression really gets to me and somedays, I feel like this will never pass. How long until things started to ease for you and be more tolerable?
    • Posted

Oh my goodnEss that's horrific and I have a lot in fact most of those awful symptoms too you poor thing . Yes today is another horrible nasty day, can't functtion or think, tinnitus, bad head, vomiting, bone ache oh god the list is endless......can't go to doctor too terrified as this health anxiety just won't let me, the times i have made appointments and cancelled and now shake just at the thought of picking the phone up, I just can't do it - Im a wreck and total basket case, don't know what the hell to do, beside myself thinking I have a brain tumor, it's awful can't stop crying xx
    • Posted

I feel everyones pain.  I have all of these symptoms. Just wondering though, has anyone else had constant UTI s or kidney problems. I can't seem to shake my recurrent UTI, and have taken a million different antibiotics. Going to see a urologist and a neurologist next week, to check on some of my symptoms. Lou, maybe a little peace of mind for you, I constantly have head weirdness and pressure/pain. Had a brain MRI Monday, thinking I had a tumor also, and it was clear. I think there are a lot of women who have thought the same way, because of the weird feelings in head, that have had a scan done, and all good. I'm sure all is fine, but for peace of mind, you should have a scan done. 
    • Posted

Oh my lord! I have so many of these symptoms too! I have told my husband that I literally feel like I am dying, or being poisoned, I have been so sick! I'm trying to only take natural things to heal my body, but still feel like crap most days. Did you get UTI s? I have them constantly, which scares me. I was originally diagnosed with Gerd and gallstones, at the beginning of this horrible ordeal. Had my gallbladder removed, and still having a ton of problems! The Gerd is occasionally bad, and I take Nexium for that, but don't want to take it long term! Ugh! What did you do to relieve any of your symptoms? 
    • Posted

Debbie you are so brave having to go through that..........I cant I cant I cant - im so beside myself with anxiety I just can't do anything, I had a CT scan over two years ago after my surgery and freaked out with panic , I know I won't be able to do it again, I just can't cope with all this and feel like drinking a bottle of wine straight down so I get so drunk I just don't care - now I feel like all my passages in my face are closing up and blocked - it's all too much and if I go to A and E they will probably section me im a complete basket case with this - the health anxiety is escalating to such a high level it's u real I want to live not die but this is no life 😰
    • Posted

OH my Lou, you sound like you are really having a time! I have some anxiety over all this medical crap, but doesn't sound any where near as bad as you. Worse for me would be the not knowing. If I have an issue, I have to try and deal with it. The just sitting, day after day, and not trying to do something to fix it, would drive me into insanity. Are you taking anything for anxiety? There are natural things you could try too, to at least take the edge off. Do you have any help? I feel so bad for you! 
    • Posted

I can't do anything about it I really truly can't im too scared, im stuck thinking what if this what if that all the time........it's just rubbish and no I only take vitamins but they maybe doing me harm aswell - im scared of everything but feel like I should be in hospital I feel so ill im just going to have to go to bed I think but then what about tomorrow, it will be the same and it's Easter so everywheres busy , I hope every day will be better it never ever is 😰
    • Posted

Debbie, have you checked your estrogen levels? From what I have read, constant UTI is a sign of low or declining estrogen. Just wanted to pass on what I read smile
    • Posted

I have only had my hormones tested, and gyno states I'm in menopause. That's all she told me. Who do I go to for real level checks and help? I'm going to a urologist next week. 
    • Posted

I wrote something and it disappeared. I had hormones checked and gyno states I'm in menopause. Who do I see for levels and help with hormone imbalance? Seeing a urologist next week. 
    • Posted

I did my own saliva testing and thats how I found out my levels. My doc won't even test me sad
    • Posted

Im not sure who to see, nobody I've seen has been any help. Wish I had the knowledge to fix myself though.
    • Posted

Hi lou hope youve had a better day today iv just had a weird thing happen not sure if its meno i was sst in lounge when i stZarted shaking freezing cold but my face is on fire xxx
    • Posted

Hi Bev thank you for reply, so sad you're suffering badly too. No ive had a terrible horrible nasty day again, I'm so gloomy and full of such awful doom - crying so much with these symptoms. Tried to go to bed earlier but symptoms so bad can't sleep, think I have something wrong with my brain 😰😥😱 xx
    • Posted

Bless you i think it gets us like that iv had every illness going i get a symptom google it big mistake have you tried yoga xx
    • Posted

No I Havnt but will try anything - it's so hard to believe right now that anything will help me its that bad, a lot of it is to do with how I feel mentally aswell ( health anxiety ) and I don't think I can cure my brain unless I have some of it removed, the bit that does this to me ! How do you cope ? I'm falling apart - complete utter basket case and imagination and my thoughts are out of control 😰xx
    • Posted

I went threw a stage about a year ago thinking i cant cope im dying ect doc gave me happy pulls there still in my drawer i talked myself out of it it dosnt work for everyone i understand that but i lost my sisterinlaw to cancer she was 41 in the same year i lost my best friend to an horrendous accident he was 41 as well so i thought i wake up every day its a bonus im sure paula my sisterinlaw would trade places any day bless her rhats how i get threw it chick xxx
    • Posted

How sad and awful to lose such dear people to you, I'm so sorry - you're right I guess this isn't permanent but dying is........so sorry. Makes you think xx
    • Posted

Morning lovely, still the same really thank you just biding my time hoping things will get better. Very bad in the mornings I think through the night and mornings are worst. Hoping you're ok and thanks for asking xx
    • Posted

I agree Lou, mornings and waking through the night for me are so hard. I pray nightly for all of us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.