surviving menopause without hrt. anyone out there:(

Posted , 11 users are following.

Please help I'm desperate! !!!

Ive been in perimenopause eight years and I dont feel like iI can cope anymore. Im already in a low dose AD. I dont want to go on hrt but I don't feel I can carry on without it. Please if there are any ladies out there that have survived perimenopause or menopause severe symptoms without hrt please please let me knowsad

1 like, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Michelle,

I realize there is conflicting information regarding HRTs but honestly for me, quality not quanity of life is what is important. I get some people have concerns about HRTs but for some, it's the difference between sanity and insanity. Life is way too short to have to grit your teeth through perhaps several years of really life limiting symptoms. I tried many things prior to going on Prometrium (its what my body needed) in a limited fashion to help get through some really rough spots. I was relucant at first and even had to switch meds to get to the right place (much like what happens with ADs) but I'm glad I have. Can't imagine continuing on as miserable I was and making those close to me miserable as well.

I have read some anti-HRT comments I wonder what these same people would tell a diabetic. Don't take insulin? While it would be nice to do things naturally, there are those times that medicine does have it's place, only you can decide if you feel this is worth trying. 

Lord, if your life is really unbearable you may want to consider discussing with your doctor a limited, low dose form of hrt to help you through the rough patch. You don't have to stay on them forever. I know several older women who have used HRTs without issues. My godmother for one, is 89, was on them for many years at what I am sure was higher dose than normally used today and is totally fine. 

Hope you find what works best for you and that you start feeling better soon.

Annie xx

• Posted

I have a docs appt on the 4th nov to discuss it further yet again x
    • Posted

Annie, I'm with you all the way!!!  Quality which I was having none of.  I'm on HRT and still adjusting to get what my body needs to calm down. 
    • Posted

At last, some commonsense - I have been using oestrogen (oestradiol) for nearly 26 years now and a little bit of progesterone.  Never going off it - although am rethinking the progesterone as it is an oestrogen antagonist.

i cannot understand why women think it ok to go on all these drugs rather than use hrt which is natural to us.  We were born with it.  But not all hrt is equal and you have to do your homework and ask for the right one.

• Posted

That's a of bit a harsh comment to make when everyone has and can have a opinion and I'm sure a lot of us have our own reasons why we don't take HRT
    • Posted

While I understand your view menopause is a naturally occurring stage in every womans life so these hormones are depleting for a reason. Otherwise we wouldn't go through menopause. Just a thought
    • Posted

This made me think yesterday when someone said once you stop HRT you still have to go threw the synthetic menopause surely that don't make any sense taking the risk of HRT in the first place. Also I cannot take HRT for medical reasons. I'm with you on this Hun
    • Posted

By the way I feel dreadful today 😂😂😂
    • Posted

Hello hun, I agree with you - HRT is not the answer for all of us for different reasons, some medical - some personal. Like you I feel horrible today, everything aches big time I feel sick and anxiety is making me think dreadful things, it's so depressing and I'm so bloody sick of it all xx
    • Posted

Have you had your vit D checked for the aching Hun as mine was completely depleted and so much better with no cracking in joints since it was treated xx
    • Posted

I did actually ask the doctor a few weeks ago if I could be lacking in vitamins , she said ' I see no reason why you would be ' - useless. So glad for you though, did you have achy hips ? My right one feels horrible this morning and radiates all round everywhere - I have so much to do today aswell as hubby goes into hospital tomorrow, just want to sit and watch telly, can't be bothered x
    • Posted

Do you have good and bad days ? I do which gives me a bit of a break to try and get some good thoughts in my head which always just seem like cotton wool most of the time and not many good thoughts come and stay lol
    • Posted

It is because we are living longer now with better scientific medical knowledge.  We don't have to go through it at all.  Some women can do it easy in a very short time.  If you are still suffering for years, you are not one of them, your body is not made that way.
    • Posted

Absolutely Hun I used to fall to the floor as couldn't take anymore it's a strange feeling not exactly excruciating pain but the ache just so bad you say no more I was dreadful a lot better without a doubt I had massive dosage of vit D for a few weeks then I take one daily now Hun you must get that checked out as its so common in us ladies 😂
    • Posted

Well our doctors are ok but it's like you have to beg for anything ! They missed my ovarian cyst for months and by the time I got to go for a scan it was 20cms which meant a very big op with complications afterwards.. . . Is there a good vit that I could buy myself to help ?? I do take vit e, b slow release , osteocare and biotin, but maybe the dose isn't high enough xx
    • Posted

The dose was so high Hun I'm not sure if you could buy it at that strength google it Hun my neck used to crack dreadfully when I turned over in bed as well it cured that and my ankles and knees when I got up in the morning I could hardly walk till I got going but I'm fine now smile
    • Posted

How absoloutly awful for you - how on earth did you cope with that. Amazing though that you feel so much better. . . . I'm going to doctor soon anyway so will get this checked out, just want to feel better again like everyone else going through this - today is a bad day , just when you think you can cope and it's not too bad something else happens, it's rotten. Hip so horrible today it's depressing, almost like a burning deep ache - been taking ibuprofen also I had some Oromorph in the cupboard that I had from a bad tooth extraction, I've been glugging that aswell, I hope I don't feel like this tomorrow as I'll be in the cardiac unit all day with hubby helping him through that. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.