surviving menopause without hrt. anyone out there:(

Posted , 11 users are following.

Please help I'm desperate! !!!

Ive been in perimenopause eight years and I dont feel like iI can cope anymore. Im already in a low dose AD. I dont want to go on hrt but I don't feel I can carry on without it. Please if there are any ladies out there that have survived perimenopause or menopause severe symptoms without hrt please please let me knowsad

1 like, 82 replies

82 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am 57 and i too have experienced every symptom mentioned and i am still having periods but they are very light and only last a couple of days .. I just prefer to get on with it and think positive thoughts and try to get plenty of sleep which helps enormously .. I would not dream of going to the Doctors as i don`t see it as an illness and if i did what`s he/she going to offer me HRT ? no thanks that`s asking for trouble .
    • Posted

I agree and always have done that its a natural process but after eight years if suffering the symptoms are becoming debilitating. I don't know what else to dosad

Im already on low dose AD.

I just cant function most days.

I really dont want hrt but run out of options x

• Posted

How debilitating are your symptoms if you don't mind me asking.

Ive always been positive and read positive thinking books but this last year or so nothing helps x

• Posted

Debilitating is not in my vocabulary i remove myself from negative situations i stopped drinking alcohol when i was 45 , i don,t smoke, i piled on so much weight i weight almost 20 stone at 5ft 3.. i decided in march this year i was going to lose half my weight but i was not going to starve myself doing it, to date i have lost over 4 stone in weight since March 2015.

If your situation is so bad you cannot cope yes i would recommend visiting your Doctor and yes if i was you i would try HRT and if you don`t like it you can just stop taking it.

• Posted

Very good advice. I eat healthy and dont drink or smoke either. Just out of curiosity have you ever experienced inner body trembling. Thats the only way I can describe it. Quite unsettling x
    • Posted

Im also five foot four with a very small frame im at my ideal weight for my height at 9 stone. But I suppose your right I wont know unless I try the hrt x
  • Posted

Also just to ask has anyone experienced an inner body trembling its really unsettling x
    • Posted

Yes thats what I have during the night as I wake up quite a bit it always feels it starts from my ovaries and takes over my body sad
    • Posted

Yeah really weird I must admit mine seems worse when I wake up at night x
    • Posted

Oh god glad it's just not me it really got me down as felt like a 100 mini panic attacks during the night and hate going to bed sad it's slowing down a bit so perhaps it must be when I am supposed to have periods or something x
    • Posted

Yes it almost felt looking ke I was having seizures. So nice to be able to share with you all x
    • Posted

Yes that's how they are sad I thought it was just me so started falling asleep on the couch by 7pm as kept being awake by those dreadful things I thought I was going mad also I hear things at night like my dogs bark I jump up but there fast asleep in bed or my son shouts mum but I checked with doctor incase I was going mad and it's common in anxiety sleep xx
    • Posted

Yes me too. Weird things when I wake out of my sleep. Really does feel like yoir losing the plot. So nice to hear someone else who is having the same thing x
    • Posted

Yeah me too perhaps I won't change my medication then as thought I was going mad xxx pleased I know it is not just me it used to be vertigo really bad in my Peri really bad now this 😭
    • Posted

Nope post by 3.5 years I had no problems with periods as I was late had one then stopped completely but I had been 2 miscarriages a few years before and had a baby at 40 before my miscarrying so I do think it transferred me in peri then

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.