Swollen lymph nodes for 7-8 years

Posted , 101 users are following.

Hello,

I'm a 22 year old male and as the title says I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and armpits for almost 8 years. It started when I was around 15 years old with a one or two nodes getting swollen in my neck. The GP said it was nothing so I haven't paid any more attention to them. Over the following few weeks I noticed a few more in my neck and a few in my armpits. They are around 0.5cm - 2.5cm in size, hard, painless and movable and haven't changed in these 7-8 years. I have no other symptoms.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 likes, 186 replies

186 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello,

I just saw an experienced ENT last week for two enlarged lymph nodes because  I didn't trust my GP or the bloodwork. I'm generally not a worrier but unexplained lumps bring out the anxiety in everyone. The ENT said that if they're small (mine are pea-sized) and moveable it's nothing to be concerned about. Like others have noted, if you're not having night sweats or a sudden dramatic weight loss, then it's not a concern. I had one in the side of my breast a few years back that was biopsied and came back normal. Some people may be more prone to them than others. Hormones may also play a role. A lot of people on forums seemed to first notice them as teenagers; I seem to get a new one every pregnancy.

• Posted

I have the same thing. My lymph nodes in my neck swelled at first when I was eleven. I went the the ENT doctor and the one they pulled out on my right side was 1.5". When she biopsied the lymph node she didn't find anything wrong with it. They did a second surgery and removed the one on my left side but that was only 4 cm. Now I'm 20 and have large inflamed lymph nodes on my neck and it bothers me because they stick out and it looks like I have a double chin. They don't hurt at one point one was pressing against the nerve in my neck but that's about it. Its nice to know I am not the only one with this issue at my age. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Ivan, 

Lymph nodes have been a problem for me during the past 15 years.  If your lymph nodes are all over and begin to create swelling then you should get checked out right away.  Also, demand your doctor to send you to get a Catscan of your upper body.  The only way to really know what's going on with your lymph nodes is to have a biopsy.  When I had my biopsy, they found out I had lymphoma (cancer cells in the lymph nodes).  I had lymph nodes all over and my left leg swelled and under arm was swollen.  Four months of chemotherapy resolved my concerns.  Good luck. 

• Posted

Wow! Reading your post gives me the chills. Everything that you went through, I also experienced. After chemotherapy, Did this change your life? 
  • Posted

Hi, I am not sure if this thread is still active but I need some peace of mind. How are you guys doing? I discovered a swollen lymph node about a year ago right below the collar bone on my left side? I had a baby 11 months ago and I have been so preoccupied with her that I totally forgot about it until a couple weeks ago. I got scared because I went to google and what I read really scared me so I ended up in the ER. Blood tests and Xray came back ok just showed that I had a UTI, they gave me antibiotics for it. My swollen lymph node can't be seen because i's so small, you need to actualy feel it. The ER doctor said it felt like muscle and not a lymph node but he also said he wanst sure, wtf are you kidding me? You cant tell the difference? anyway I have a follow up with my PCP in two days and I feel like I am dying with anxiety. I cant function at all...please give me hope.

• Posted

My dad had the same concern. He went to the doctor and they told him it was not cancer. Not all bulges on our skin are cancer. Ask your doctor if he can test the lump on your skin. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for replying back to me. I’m so confused because it doesn’t feel like a lymph node it’s more like soft tissue or muscle. It’s so subtle that no one notices it unless I bring it to their attention and they have to actually touch it to notice. I have mild scoliosis where my left side it’s slightly more elevated then my right side  and I also have breast implants ( got them done and 1/2 years ago )  i’m hoping it change my anatomy and that’s why that side is a little bit more prominent.   I’m so happy your dad is OK it gives me hope 
  • Posted

Hello,

I'm a 22 year old male and I have had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and armpits for almost 5 years. I already check up from my nearest doctor. They give me some blood test, then they say that is nothing.

Doctors says until it gives any pain, don't surgery. my swollen lymph nodes are around 0.5cm - 2.5cm in size, hard, painless.

I just want to know from ivan43035, is you have still this swollen lymph nodes in your neck and armpits? in 2017?

• Posted

Tty this https://www.liverdoctor.com/lymph-node-swelling[/b]/

• Posted

Please I want to know if Epstein ebv can causes swell lymph node for a long time even more than a year? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.