Tess, Linda, Di, Helen new page x

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there all,

Just thought I would start a new page xxxx

I have been feeling very snappy due to not getting any sleep so I have just been slouching around due to lack of energy!!!!

Tess, I do hope your bundle of Joy Sophie is getting settled and making Molly busy too :lol: x

I do hope you are feeling better Di I blame the weather changing to why I feel like poo!!!! Roll on summer :lol: x

I do hope Helen and Linda are having a pain less day too x

Take care everyone and keep smiling xxxxx

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi there Everyone,

I have been ok today thank goodness, been resting as I had been in so much pain in my neck again....... got my puppy he will be my guard dog just in case I have trouble again from my Ex??? :roll:

So glad you had a good day shopping Tess nothing better than retail therapy xx :wink: my new doctor has took me off my Orlistat tablets as I have stopped loosing weight :cry: so she said I had to get my thyroid checked and then once they have an up to date result they can take steps from there and maybe give me something else........ Lyrica tablet help with weight gain so what can they do with this....... Amitrptilne and some anti-inflammotories help gain weight so we are goosed if we want to be slim :roll: anyway I am waffling but controlling the pain is more an issue I do hope you all are having a good weekend xxxxx

Take care everyone xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Ses, Linda, Di, Helen, Lisa and Everyone!

How are you all today! The sun is shining so keep smiling :lol: Well it is here lol. Don't know why I am so cheery today as didn't get to bed until twenty to one this mornign and been awake since twenty to six. Had a good time at Party. My knees were really aching before I went so only did a little bit of dancing and could feel my knees beginning to hurt more.

It is so good Ses they are sorting your meds out. Sometimes being on so many different ones can give you side effects on top of everything else.

Hope they get your thyroid sorted to as I know that can mess the whole system up :cry:

Still waiting to hear about my change in meds for thyroid and see what the post brings tomorrow. Had flu injection yesterday but didn't feel any worse than before. Although it takes a couple of days if there were any side effects. The nurse said to me I had tough skin or her needle was blunt ouch lol :cry: Not got a bruise yet but see what happens :cry:

Well thinking of going to walk down and visit my daughter. She is about a mile and a bit from where I am. It is such a nice day here and she is not well got chest infection. Normally she picks me up in the car but thought I might have a steady walk there. Spend some time with her and have a steady walk back later. That's my plan but see how I am feeling after I have had breakfast and a shower to wake me up lol!

The housework can wait until tomorrow no rush!

Well take care everyone.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi there everyone,

I am so feeling like poo again and I am going to have a bath soon as I need to soak my aching body..... feel so stressed, the girls arguing and the house a mess and just tidyed it up now so relieved but feel so drained......... My puppy is so cute and he makes my day as he is lovely.......someone said they are supose to help you somehow and he kind of did do up until now as the energy has gone co put :cry:, several wash loads a nightmare but anyway I do hope you enjoyed your walk Tess but I hope you have not over done it????

I do hope everyone has enjoyed the sunshine????

Take care everyone xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Ses & Everyone!

You have got your hands full with a puppy! Aren't they worse than children lol to look after. :cry: But if it helps you feel better than got to be good for you.

Ached quite a bit yesterday but nothing unusual. Noticed a difference with a long walk on my toes but so far so good! Sat and watched a film with stewart my hubby last night about 8 and fell asleep half way through. Think it was all the exercise and long walk lol! :cry:

Don't feel as bad as I thought I would and at last period coming to an end at long last! Not going to do too much today! Might walk round and see my other daughter with Molly and Sophe. That is a far shorter walk than yesterday :lol: Molly had a bad ear ache yesterday so don't if she went to school yet.

Really not looking forward to the winter. But will just enjoy this nice sunny break while it lasts :lol:

Hope you all have the sun as makes you feel so much better! :lol:

Love Tess x x

• Posted

HI there Tess, Linda, Di, Helen and everyone else xx

I am so tired now as I couldn't sleep last night so I have no energy thinking even so I am just going to say Hi to everyone and then say I do hope you all are having a good day??? Anyway so fatigued by lack of sleep I am going to have to love you all for now xxxx. I do dread the winter too Tess :cry:

Take care everyone xxx

• Posted

Hi Ses & Everyone!

Hope you get a decent night sleep Ses and feel more lively tomorrow :lol:

Well I hope everyone else ok! Not heard much from anyone!

Take care

Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Tess, Ses and everyone,

Not in too much pain but so, so exhausted, mentally and physically.

Hubby definitely not right but can`t put my finger on the problem, it`s almost as if he`s given up since losing the sight in one eye at begining of the year and then being really poorly in July with a kidney infection, he just doesn`t seem to have got back to what was normal for him.

I know this sounds selfish but its making me worse too, all the strain of wondering what`s wrong and trying to do the right thing all the time. He`s so agitated its like walking on egg shells!! Anyway have a short break this morning as he goes with friends to the club, so I have a friend coming for coffee too.

Learnt something this week about DLA care component, you may already be aware of it but I didn`t realise. All the questions about preparing a meal, making a drink etc. are based on the amounts you would cook or use for yourself alone, not cooking for the family, so if you can lift a kettle or saucepan with enough water/food for yourself you will not qualify. Quite what the rest of the family are meant to do, especially families with young children, I don`t know. Also when shopping in the supermaket we should say that we couldn`t get around without the trolley for suppiort, if that is the case and also, if standing waiting to pay is a problem, we need to say we need someone to wait for us while we sit down. Don`t know if this makes sense to anybody but thought I would share it. It just sounds like another case of needing to know how to answer the questions to me, not so much as them caring how we actually feel!!

Well I`ve rambled on enough so will say take care everyone and hope this damp weather is not too much of a problem for you all. I`m going to enjoy my three hours at home alone, apart from coffee with my friend. Sometimes I feel so lonely yet crave for just a few minutes on my own, I don`t think that makes sense, really!!

talk again soon

Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda, Ses and Everyone!

Don't know how you do it Linda looking after your husband and you in so much pain at times as well. I know you have to do it if there is no one else but it can't be easy for you. :cry: You really do deserve to have some time to yourself. A bit of me time is really important as I am just finding out for myself now my children have left home. :lol: Although I still am seeing them and helping them out with different things. But at least when I get home there is only Stewart my hubby and me to worry about. When Stu is at work its just me. It is nice to have the some friends around but also nice just to have the peace and quiet as well :lol:

It is just getting the balance right I think!

I feel more tired today think I did a bit too much at the weekend. Went to a Party and had a late night. Then the next day went to see my daughter and walked about 3 mile. But was such a lovely warm sunny day was to nice to be inside. She normally picks me up but was poorly with chest infection and as she lives on her own wanted to go round and surprise her :lol:

Only thing was when I got there she was in the shower and didn't have her door bell switch on, rang the house phone she didn't hear that. Luckily she had her mobile in her bathroom lol :lol: Thought I was going to be sitting on her doorstep for a while :cry:

Not going to do too much today and just chill out a bit. Need to do a few bits of housework but nothing that can't wait until tomorrow. Saw Sophie yesterday my new little granddaughter she is changing and she is two weeks old today! Time seems to be going so quick.

Welll time for breakfast now and just waiting for my Stewart to come home from work on nights. He is late to do as being a supervisor he has to make sure everything is all sorted before he leaves. He has been at work since 7 last night and should really have finished at 7. Apparently they had a busy night. He works at McCains the chip people and is a maintenane engineer so if a bit of machinery goes wrong have to get it running again or production of chips be down lol :cry: Then after that he has to catch up on the paperwork.

Take care everyone!

Love Tess xx

• Posted

Hi there Tess. Linda and everyone,

Well Linda I can't open bottles, or lift heavy pans as I kind of drop things with no apparent reason and I cannot bend down to the oven due to my back as it locks for no reason what so ever so I said I couldn't bend over ......... I do not go shopping as I can't carry heavy shopping I do the shopping online :oops: and it is delivered to the door so we are better off by this as the fibro and bad weather as we all know does not help us so picking shopping from the arm chair is much better :lol: and I get it delivered for after my husband finishes work so he can load the goods into the kitchen. I only get low care????

So nice to hear about your little grand-daughter and how she is changing.....it can be so surprising that they change so much in a short period of time......I bet she gets her good looks from her mum and nana :wink: Yeah and I know what yo mean about needing \"me\" time I have felt so stressed and tearful probably due to the pain and lack of sleep....... get my thyroid Results back next week!!!!! Have you got yours back Tess and is everything ok???? My bladder has been annoying too as my new doctor reduced the dosage but I think this is what is waking me up and so I am going to have to go back and explain it is waking me up through the night or I cannot sleep due to umpteen trips to the loo :oops:

Anyway I do hope you all are having a stress free day and a Painless day???? Take care my dear friends xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Ses

Sorry to hear you have another thing to wake you up at night. The Thyroid trouble can be as bad as the Fibro lol :cry: I just got a book from the library went to pick it up today called The Thyroid Solution!\"

Someone told me about it as it mentioned a link with thyroid and fibro.

I was reading it dinner time when I had a phone call from my consultant to say I need to up my thyroxine from 125mg to 150mg daily. He said when I had my last bloods taken in May they were a bit high. I should at that point had gone from 125mg and 150mg alternative days. Somehow I wasn't given this information and was told to carry on taking 125mg.

These last results show my TSH Level as high and now I need to take the 150mg daily. I have to do this for six to eight weeks then have a repeat blood test to check levels again. Then maybe go up or down don't know.

It is very important that they keep my levels right because of my cancer.

I had been feeling a bit breathless and more tired recently so could have something to do with my thyroid levels and also affecting my period.

Luckily it has stopped now after about six weeks.

Just don't no what it causing what with the thyroid, fibro and menopause :cry:

Keep telling my doctor I need a new body :roll:

Well hope you get your results next week and they will sort your levels our right.

Keep smiling :lol:

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi there Tess, Di, Linda and everyone xxx

Well I am still drained and I do keep waking up???? so I haven't had a full night sleep now for over a week the maximum I am having is about 4hours all together????? The new doctor has told me to divide my thyroxine through the day??? as I am to take the 100mcg in the morning and then space the 3x 25mcg through the day???? which is a night mare as I have had this problem for ten years and never been told to do this before??? anyway as I have just reminded myself about this I have just had to take the meds or I would have forgotten!!!! I will have to set an alarm on my phone or something???? I am wondering how the new Gp's surgery deals with Thyroid too as the last Surgery I felt did not know much about it???? I was told we with thyroid problems the basis is not to eat greens as it effects us :roll: So I am wondering whether this effects fibro sufferers too??

The new doctor added me another inhaler for the breathing problems - asthma???

I do hope your levels are sorted out quickly Tess? xxxxx

Well folks I have felt the pain today...... the weather has been so cold here......... we have the next months to look forward too :roll:

Take care everyone and gentle hugs xxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Ses & Everyone

I cant understand why you have been told you spread your thyroxine out during the day Ses! I have always been told to take first thing in the morning on an empty stomach as it gets taken up better. :lol:

It is so difficult to know what to do when one doctor says one thing and another says something entirely different. Going to bed soon to see if I can read a bit of this book about the thyroid see what it mentions about taking the thyroxine in there and let you know lol : :roll:

Know what you mean with the cold damp weather. Everything seems to be hurting more tonight!

Well try and get a good rest.

Hope everyone else is coping ok.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Goodmorning everyone

Having the same trouble as the rest of you not being able to sleep, partly due to back pain and the pain that is in my feet from my suspicious lump that has appeared, my feet feel like they are on fire at the moment sowith all the combined aches and pains that I am having I am not very mobile at the moment.

Tried to do some shopping yesterday but the pain in shoulders knees and back made this difficult, why do they pack everything in such big packages!!!!

Thankyou for the explanation on what diclophenic is supposed to do but as many of you have proberably found it does not do much.

Spoke to a nurse at my local surgery yesterday who thinks the lump is one of those that grows on your ligaments on the bottom of your feet and does not go away by itsself so am prepared for not good news from my surgeon on wednesday.

Just looking at the weather for the next couple of days and it is supposed to be nice and dry but cold so am getting the thermals out so not to get too cold and stiff.

Hope you are all not feeling too bad today

best wishes

Helen A

• Posted

Hi, Tess, Ses and everyone,

I have an underactive thyroid, Ses, was diagnosed with that several years before the fibro. I, like tess, have always been told to take the full dose in the morning. The locum GP that was here for 6 months said my throid levels were borderline and he could not blame the tiredness etc on that!! Don`t think he knew that exhaustion is part of fibro! Lol.

My husband gets care component, and I will have to look up how many levels there are, as I know the full amount is only paid for whatever sort of care is needed during the night. He can`t climb the stairs without great distress, our only toilet is downstairs, and he takes water tablets!!! Lol

He did not qualify for the full amount. What a crazy benefit this is, some people get the lot and are clearly able to do more than many of us, who have been refused. He lost the sight in one eye in March, was told he could not register as partially sighted and therefore does not qualify for the increase in benefit. Anyway rant over, I could go on all day!!!

Poor you Tess having had thyroid cancer as well. Sometimes it seems all the good people are given all the crosses to bear, and those that are a trouble to everyone get all the help in the world. How is little Sophie

changing very quickly I guess?

No rain here today, so far, maybe we might get a better day pain wise. I still find the sleepless nights and exhaustion a real problem too. It`s like you said Tess very difficult to know which sympton goes with which condition. My toes are swollen now and painful when I wear shoes, is it the fibro or the OA I ask myself? I guess it would be a waste of time asking the Dr.!

Well going to try and get to the craft shop this morning (I can`t do anything after lunch much to tired) as my daughter wants me to make a baby afghan for her friends new baby. Will see how I manage!

Love to all

Linda

• Posted

Hi there my dear friends

Yeah the pain has been a nightmare and I know what you mean Tess as I have never been told this before to take the thyroxine through the day???? absolute nightmare!!!!!! anyway I feel like crap and just got to grim and bear it, I do hope you are having a better day xxxx.

Linda, If your hubby has needed more care then you should resubmit another claim as if he is needing more attention then the circumstances have changed...... do get help though filling it in as I have an benefit adviser and he is helping me and he knows his stuff he works on a no win no fee basis though so someone else would be better I guess for yourself in filling new application???? I was told also it all depends on the medication you are on and if you have a good report off your doctors or consultants??? I hope you are feeling ok today ???.

Hi Helen, Diclofenic I found did not work on it's own but worked ok with Tramdol???? the only thing with Diclofenic you should be taking something for your stomach as long term use is not good..... you probably know this already, but I thought I would say just in case???? I have read that certain arthritis have nodules so this lump you have would probably due to arthritis??? I hope it is not too long though before you get professional advice on this matter xx? I love Crafting too as I make cards so happy Crafting :lol:

Take care everyone xxxxx

:cheerup:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.