Tess, Linda, Di, Helen new page x

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there all,

Just thought I would start a new page xxxx

I have been feeling very snappy due to not getting any sleep so I have just been slouching around due to lack of energy!!!!

Tess, I do hope your bundle of Joy Sophie is getting settled and making Molly busy too :lol: x

I do hope you are feeling better Di I blame the weather changing to why I feel like poo!!!! Roll on summer :lol: x

I do hope Helen and Linda are having a pain less day too x

Take care everyone and keep smiling xxxxx

0 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Helen, Linda, Ses & Everyone!

It must be really painful Helen for you to walk with the lump on the underneath bit of your foot. No wonder you are in pain and having problems. Its good that you have not got to wait long before you see your surgeon. Good luck for Wednesday. I have a lump on top of my foot below the tendon that is causing me trouble. Think that is due to the OA. I have been waiting 8 or 10 weeks now since I was referred and told there was a long waiting list. The tendon in my other toe has started to hurt as well now lol :cry: I walked to a friends house today that is about half mile away. On the way back my knees and toes were hurting really bad.

You always have lots to sort out Linda and no time to yourself. The benefit system isn't right when some can get it and others can't. I haven't gone down that road yet. I can manage to do things for myself. I can go out for a walk but it is painful tooat times especially with my toes not being so good now. Little Sophie is doing well. Keeping her mummy awake at night as she likes to sleep more during the day bless her! She will be three weeks old on Tuesday. Molly is helping Amy with Sophie and she wiil be more interested when Sophie can do more lol :lol:

We have had it dry and sunny but a cold wind! :cry: I hope you managed to get to your craft shop!

Hi Ses I hope you get your thyroid results soon. It must be a nuisance to take your thyroxine spread out like that during the day. Did she give a reason why! I tooK my new dose 150mg today. :lol: When I have my next blood test in 6 to 8 weeks time it will nearly be Christmas lol :cry:

Well take care everyone!

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi there

I went to a darts match last night as I play for my local team, it is the only thing I keep up for a social life, the pain in my right leg was so bad, I had a job to sit down. We all take it in turns to drive and when I came to drive home I found that I could not as everytime I put pressure on the excellerator the pain in my leg and knee was so bad I had to get someone to drive the car for me this is very upsetting as I rely on my car to get me about since my surgeries and it is still very painfull today.

Thankyou for your advice about diclofenic and I will ask about taking something for my stomach as well as I was unaware of its effects. I was written up for tramadol but I found that when I took it it made me very sick and all I did was sleep as it knocked me out.

My lump is 3 cm in width (my husband got the ruler out last night) as we wanted to keep an eye on the size of it. :shock:

Hope your aches and pains are manageable today and everyone managed to get some sleep last night.

Love Helen X

• Posted

Hi Helen & Everyone

It was good you managed to get out last night :lol: But poor you not being able to drive home. Like you say you rely on being able to drive after your operations to get around. :cry:

I think it is a good idea on measuring it and keeping an eye on the size. Is it next week you go to see surgeon! If you are not careful with anti inflammatories like diclofenac it can irritate the stomach and cause acid reflux. That happened to me didn't take too much but now can't take anymore anti imflammatory tablets. I never found it worked very good either.

I slept a bit better last night but keep waking up at 3 in the mornings with pains in legs and toes and can't get back to sleep lol :cry:

Hope your leg is not quite so sore today!

Love Tess x x

• Posted

HI Tess, Ses and all our friends out there,

Managed to get to the craft shop yesterday, was really pleased with myself! Had a session with the \"Start Up\" team at the gym this morning, did very well, but boy am I stiff now! I`m stiff in places I never knew I had, so will see how it goes before I decide if I am for or against the idea that structured exercise is good for the fibro. Lol

How is everyone coping? It`s such a shame Ses that you have to do all your shopping on line and have such problems with day to day tasks especially with your little boy to look after. I hope you get lots of help.

Think I`ve finally managed to get hubby to agree to have a check up with the GP next week. Even if it`s only to reassure us that there are no new problems and maybe some ideas as to how he can cope with the chage in his sight.

Well hope everyone gets some sleep tonight, does anyone else suffer from the non-restorative sleep which goes with the fribro? No matter how you sleep you still get up feeling as if you haven`t slept at all!

Take care all

Love Linda

• Posted

HI there Tess, Helen,Linda and everyone else xxxxx

When I was on Declofenic I took lansopresol also (sorry about the spellings)to ease the stomach problems......... Sleep ......what is that? I goto bed 1.30ish sleep until 4.30ish and then can't get back to sleep? Or on another night it will be I can't get too sleep as I am wide awake and I goto sleep around 4.30???? this has been continuous now for about two weeks and I it is getting me down now, as this can't be normal eh? I just wondered if anyone else has this???? So I Kind of know how you feel Tess xxxx ....... I am kind of getting more painful now in my knees as it is the same pain I get in my hip - It feels like its kind of come out of its socket in my hip and knee as it is so painful I can't put weight on them like standing up so I have to kind of maneuver myself to get comfortable due to the severe pain???? The first time I had my knee like this was when the old doctor tried to do a medical and he asked me to lie on the bed and he prised my leg up and around as I told him I had painful knees and then that night I could not walk on it all evening as he had dislodged something???? and ever since it has been worse from then???? Anyway I am waffling now ........ I do hope you all are having a better day than me??? My Thyroid levels results are back Monday?

Nice to hear you went out for a game of Darts Helen..... I so wish I had a social life xxx A good thing you are keeping an eye on the lump too xx

Linda I have made several Christmas cards but at this moment I can't be bothered due to the fatigue :oops: I hope everyone has the energy tomorrow and a pain\"less\" day xxxx

Take care everyone xxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Tess, Ses and everyone,

Ses I take Omeprisol for heartburn and when I need stronger pain killers the dose is increased to prevent further problems, and then decreased again when I can manage without the stronger tablets.

I have had a sleep pattern similar to yours Ses, on and off for years! It was associated with my depression in the first place, but when I was first experiencing the pain and stiffness of Fibro (before diagnosis) I was also extremely fatigued, which was another thing that helped GP to diagnose Fibro. Even now if a go through a patch of good nights I still wake up feeling as if I haven`t slept at all. My best time is usually between about 9 and lunchtime, I spend most of the afternoon on the sofa, just about manage to prepare an evening meal and then I`m in bed by 8!! Sadly I can still be awake at midnight or have no more sleep after 4am. Whar are we like? Lol

How are you Tess? Do you notice any difference when you thyroxine has been altered, do you gradually start to feel better? I do hope so.

Has anyone heard from Di lately it seems ages since she`s been on here.

well everyone lets hope we all sleep better tonight and wake to a good day! Lol

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda, Ses & Everyone

Not to sure yet Linda whether I notice any difference with the thyroxine yet. Have only been on new dose for three days. :lol: I was feeling a bit breathless before I changed dose and haven't noticed that yet.

Went to Party last night and dresses up in seventies gear. Was getting tired about 11.30 so we left at 12. Didn't sleep to badly but woke up at 6 this morning after going to sleep about 1. Think I will sleep well tonight lol!

Was a good party! :lol:

Got no more wedding receptions or parties now and less get any invites. :cry:

Need a rest now.

Haven't heard nothing from Di hope she ok. I know we are forgetful with this fibro thing but wasn't she going on holiday for a couple of weeks. Remember her saying she had been shopping and spent some money on clothes for the boys didn't no what her hubby would say lol.

Well hope everyone else ok.

Take care

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi there everyone,

Well I am going to start a new page Di How are you ? xxx so look out for her xxx

Yeah it is a nightmare this fibro and I had an ok sleep last night but my breathing has been awful for sometime now and I am wondering whether it is also due to my thyroxine levels????? Anyway I am tired now even though I have had a good night sleep and I am aching all over so I need to go for a bath before I leave the page heading for Di...... Like you Say Tess we forget and I have and I haven't,no offence to anyone, the energy to go and read back other pages on posts previously as I haven't the energy, anyway my dear friends I do hope all of you are having a good night and I do hope we sleep soundly xxx

Sweet dreams xxxxx

• Posted

Hi Ses & Everyone

I no what you mean about the thyroxine levels. I have been feeling a bit breathless and wonder now whether it was because my TSH levels were high. The fourth day of my new dose and haven't felt so good today. I have felt more tired but not sure if new level or possibly the late night I had on Saturday.

Its really confusing trying to work it all out lol :roll:

Is it this week you go back for your results Ses! I go see Rheumatologist next week on Thursday. Not sure what they are going to do this time.

Well hope you are not in too much pain.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi there tess,

I had an horrible night last night lying awake until 4.45 am as the wind was blowing due to gale force winds and the puppy was crying every so often and so I was not amused as all in all I had an hour and half sleep last night, so exhausted :cry: the blood results are probably back tomorrow??? so we will see what they say as the breathing side of things is again getting me down!!!!! anyway hun I do hope your appointment goes well with the Rhuemo and I do hope you have a good night sleep as I am again feeling the strain of pain due to the cold weather so fingers crossed we all sleep well this evening anyway gentle hugs to everyone and sweet dreams xxxxx

• Posted

HI there Everyone,

Di is fine she will be chatting soon as she has been on her hols :lol: :cheerup: so welcome back Di and I hope you are ok!!!!!

• Posted

Hi Ses & Everyone

Hope you got your bloods results back today! No its not very nice with the breathing no wonder its gettting you down. Do you think the lack of sleep makes the breathing worse as well. :cry: I sometimes do. I have horrible sore throat today and didn't sleep much better overnight :cry: Did have more sleep than you Ses! You must be shattered bless you! :cry: Haven't felt quite right for last couple of days don't know if fibro or coming down with a cold. Felt really tired this morning and didn't want to get out of bed.

Could just be the change of going up to 150mg from 125mg of thyroxine.

Will have to wait and see if improves. Nearly done one week! :lol:

Take care everyone! Get some rest if you can.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi there Tess,

My blood results are still not back??? so will see tomorrow ??? I had a gooooood night sleep last night :shock: but I am kind of wasted and got a fuzzy head as I feel I have still not had enough???? I am going to see the gp next week so we will see what she says??? as I am getting fed up with not sleeping and the brown inhaler doesn't seem to be doing me any good as it has not really improved my breathing??? sometimes I have had the feeling that is is my neck tightening up so I am guessing it is the thyroid gland in neck that can cause the problem???? as it is next to the windpipe????

Anyway I do hope everyone is having a good day as I am ok for now, since I have had fibro I only seem to suffer with colds for about a day as I think it is due to my body being exhausted fighting the fibro :oops: this is my conclusion??? I hope you are feeling better by the time youread this post xxx

Take care Tess and I hope everyone is having a good night too, along with hoping everyone has a good night sleep :fairy: :star:

• Posted

Hi Ses & Everyone

Don't you just get fed up of waiting for results and letters for referrals to the hospital. All we seem to do is spend time waiting! I hope you get your results today. :lol:

I didn't sleep to well again last night. Seems to have changed since I started taking higher dose of thyroxine. All my aches and pains seem to have got worse as well. Although the cold weather can do it also. :cry:

Everything aches from the waist down today so feel really sore! :cry: Feels like someone as kicked me all over.

It is bad enough when you have one thing going on but when you have several you just don't know what is causing what! :cry:

Well hope you are not in too much pain and had some better sleep.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

HI there Tess,

Well I had to take my daughter to the doctors today and he thinks my eleven year old daughter has arthritis in her elbow so we are going to have to goto the x-ray dept and get her checked over to double check?? so we will see what happens??? my blood results are still not back???? I am wondering whether they could have gone back to my old doctors? I am going to ask them tomorrow when I phone them up!!!! As I am wondering whether they go by our NHS number????

Well I am ok today apart from feeling tired and usual aches and pains??? I slept again ok???? but I am so exhausted :oops: I do hope you and everyone has a good night sleep tonight xxxxxxxxxx

Take care my dear friends xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.