The plan

Posted , 11 users are following.

I literally could not do it...by myself.  I have someone here...but he is not going to continue running around to get me things. So, we are basically fending for ourselves.  But, when I am in a detox state...I need certain foods to get by. Gatorade being one.

​So i left the house to buy Gatorade...and came home with alcohol.  Now I'm stuck with out anything again.

​My stomach can not tolerate all foods after drinking...so I need Ramien noodles, Gatorade, toilet paper...some chicken cutlets (blan for the oven)....take my vitamins...etc....I felt so lonely yesterday with my recovery and today I was literally pulling hair out.

I have had a couple of beers...and now feel a little better, I'm showered...and thinking I need to go get these things if I have a chance for recovery options tommorow.

​But, since I have had 2 beers...I should wait until the effects start to wear off...so I don't end in jail for drunk driving.  I don't know if I will get any of these things or even drive....but if I don't my recovery is non existent.

​2 beers as a woman constitutes blowing a failure on a driving test....if I wait 40 minutes...which seems unlikely at this time...I will go...and if I don't wait...than I take that chance...for a chance of recovery.  I have no chance either way it seems.

0 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Missey are you going cold turkey or on medication for the detox?
  • Posted

MIssy, be happy so many people care about you.  I've only been on here a short time and I see how they worry.  If only people would worry about me that much I would defintiely take their advice.  I think I made the wrong move coming on here.  Will probably just do my thing and try to move on. I'm just another f'ing statistic.  You can do this missy!  Please please listen to what they're trying to say to you.  HUGS!!!
    • Posted

We worry about everyone, it just takes time to get to know people. So many people come here, start a thread, reply a couple of times and just disappear. After they've been here a bit we can remember their situation without having to look back over old posts.

So don't think you're unloved.

• Posted

I've been on here for quite some time now. I just feel like I'm not part of the click.  I've talked about my issues.  I'm not thinking I'm unloved.  I'm just tired of being a screw up and wasting all your sober time.  As I did with AA - I'll take what I need and leave the rest.  Thank you.
    • Posted

There is no clique. Actually you have been here about as long as me, I'd not noticed, or some reason I thought that you had only started posting recently.

Well, you've done it before, so you can do it again and you're not wasting people's time, people choose to post here. We can stop posting at any time, ignore threads or just go off for a break for awhile.

On that note I gotta crash, as it's just gone midnight here and I need to be up early tomorrow.

• Posted

You are NOT a screw up, Kelly. This is not your fault. 

You are TOTALLY not wasting our time, you are quite welcome here.

I just replied to your question in the "Torture" topic, if you have any other questions, please do ask. I'm timeslicing quite a bit today, but I'll do my best to get back to you. 

• Posted

Oh Kelly, don't go.  You would be missed.

i am currently sunning myself in the Maldives, so not much time yo write, but I still keep an eye on my friends on here.......you being one of them.

i really do hope you stay.

Pat.

• Posted

Hey Kelly, we all believe we are 'screwed up', at times.  We all have a serious problem with alcohol.  That is why we are Posting here.  We all need help and friendship.  Sharing our 'situations', helps.  

Sometimes we are drunk, sometimes we are sober.

Please keep 'hanging on in there'.

Blessings On You,

Alonangel xx 🎇

• Posted

Please, please, please Misssy... KEEP TRYING !

You may remember that I often reflect on songs' lyrics, when wondering about my 'state'.  Think on...

"The road is long, with many a winding turn, while we're on the way to where... who knows where."

I am thinking of you and your struggle.  I am wishing and willing you well.

I believe you have the strength to succeed, my friend.  Believe in yourself, again.

I am on Day 4, Alcohol-Free.  I think there has been a Miracle !

Blessings On You,

Alonangel xx 🎇

• Posted

Wow Angel,well done!

Makes me think if you can do it so can missy and myself X

• Posted

Thank you, Nicole.  I am finding it hard to believe that I am actually doing it.  It has been such a long time, trying.

I am just going day by day... but it is a wonderful feeling to have some sense of achievement, instead of the relentless disappointment with every drink.

It truly does feel like a Miracle, for me.

I hope your Miracle is very near.

I have dried my tears...

Love from,

Smiling Angel  X  👼

• Posted

Oh come on, Alonangel.

Give yourself some credit for goodness sake!!

It isn't a miracle in any way, whatsoever.

It sounds like you have been working hard and putting lots of effort in.  That isn't a miracle.  YOU have changed something about your life, and about how you think, or maybe both and the broken that chain that WAS your prior drinking.

That is something to be proud of biggrin

And more importantly, rather than saying this is a miracle why not help others by telling us what you did?

• Posted

Oh come on, Joanna !

If I knew exactly what I did ... I could make a fortune, marketing it !!

I don't have a blessed clue.

I just don't feel like having a drink... so, to me , that IS A MIRACLE !

Some people do like to believe in such things... I do !

Anyway, I often reflect on songs' lyrics... so...

" I believe in Miracles, where you from? You sober thing "

A bit of 'poetic licence', at the end !!!

Keep The Faith,

Alonangel 🎇 👼 😉

• Posted

I do think the Selincro made a big difference to how I felt, when drinking.

I think I was taking it for 9 weeks... I'll have to check.

On Tuesday, I thought I felt strong enough to try for an Alcohol-Free day.  So, no Selincro tablet.  I couldn't believe that I managed to do it.

Then, Wednesday, Thursday and today... the same.  I am amazed that I can continue this.  I hope, with all my heart, that it lasts. X

• Posted

Yes, it sounds like the Selincro was doing it's job biggrin

It's goal is to help you reach the point that you reached, but YOU put the effort into it too.  You hear me say a lot of times that it isn't a magic pill, but a tool and if someone uses that tool correctly then it WILL help you.

The work you put in to work with it to get to this stage is what you have changed - it's just wonderful.  You really need to give yourself some well-earned credit for that.  I am very, very happy for you.

As you go on, if you start to get a little craving to drink, then don't wait until you are really, really struggling.  If you wait too long, then you will struggle to maintain control of the cravings to overdrink.

Instead, you can trust that you can take the Selincro, wait the two hours and then drink mindfully.  I can promise you that if you do this, then you will work through that particular craving without losing control and you will be free enough to go alcohol free again.  This wouldn't be a failure in any way because the next time, you might be able to stay alcohol free without any cravings - or at least you will be able to extend the alcohol free time each attempt.

Well done, Angel.  As I say, I am really pleased for you that you have made the breakthrough. biggrin

• Posted

Thank you, Joanna.

I am so delighted to have reached this place.

Happy, flappy Angel. 😄

• Posted

And it's so good to hear you sounding so positive and so determined now.

And this is what I meant - you being where you are right now isn't a miracle in any sense of the word.  It's science, and some hard work on your part!

Your brain has been changed by extensive alcohol use, and the reinforcing pathways that compelled you to drink were made stronger.

You used science (Selincro) to help start the process of stopping that reinforcement progressing any further, and then you used your own decisions to make better choices and take advantage of the help the Selincro is giving you.

Over time, the pathways in your brain will be reversed back to they were prior to getting stronger - as long as when you do feel you want/need to drink, you do so after taking the tablet again.

biggrin

• Posted

Well done Angel. What a fantastic achievement and take Joanna's advice, be proud of yourself.
    • Posted

And a thank you to Joanna, who has the patience of a saint. Although terse Joanna occasionally pops out when the frustation hits the fan (I know, mixed metaphors).

I know what its like when you try to help people, many of them, and you just don't seem to be getting anywhere. It is such a relief to see a bit of success.

• Posted

I think you and me are similar in many respects but our overiding desire is to get people from A-Z, even though they are currently stuck in mud at 'L' (or hell, ha ha).

Sometimes, it is necessary to help get someone out the mud, but I am very aware that it is sometimes uncomfortable for someone to hear what they NEED to hear, rather than what they WANT to hear.

And I also think that sometimes it might be difficult for those currently in hell to recognise that we were once there too, and we do know what it feels like.

But thanks anyway (I think!)  lol

• Posted

Waaaahhh Hoooooo! Alonangel!!! Congratulations on your AF days!! Does it feel fairly natural, no struggle? 
    • Posted

Hi ADEfree,

It feels wonderful !  I can't believe that I just don't feel like having a drink !

So, no struggle..... yet.  We'll just have to wait and see how long it lasts.

If the need for alcohol returns, I will take my Selincro tablet, as before.

Thanks for being happy for me.

Alonangel 👼

• Posted

Thank you Vickylou,

I feel 'over the moon' !

I hope you are doing well.

Flying Angel !!! 👼

• Posted

Still drinking about 1.5 bottles but hopefully I will get there like you
    • Posted

I believe you will do it, too.

I am wishing and willing you there, my friend.

Blessings,

Angel  xx and a big hug !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.