The plan

Posted , 11 users are following.

I literally could not do it...by myself.  I have someone here...but he is not going to continue running around to get me things. So, we are basically fending for ourselves.  But, when I am in a detox state...I need certain foods to get by. Gatorade being one.

​So i left the house to buy Gatorade...and came home with alcohol.  Now I'm stuck with out anything again.

​My stomach can not tolerate all foods after drinking...so I need Ramien noodles, Gatorade, toilet paper...some chicken cutlets (blan for the oven)....take my vitamins...etc....I felt so lonely yesterday with my recovery and today I was literally pulling hair out.

I have had a couple of beers...and now feel a little better, I'm showered...and thinking I need to go get these things if I have a chance for recovery options tommorow.

​But, since I have had 2 beers...I should wait until the effects start to wear off...so I don't end in jail for drunk driving.  I don't know if I will get any of these things or even drive....but if I don't my recovery is non existent.

​2 beers as a woman constitutes blowing a failure on a driving test....if I wait 40 minutes...which seems unlikely at this time...I will go...and if I don't wait...than I take that chance...for a chance of recovery.  I have no chance either way it seems.

0 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Firstly to misssy, how are you today? Feeling horrible no doubt whether you're continuing to drink(no judgement there as I'm the worlds worse relapser!) I love reading your posts as you even have a sense of humour when drinking( like went into shop for Gatorade and came out with can of beer!) so me that is! I'm like you and when I decide to detox I have to have everything there, correct food( love noodles but Spag Bog is usually my first proper meal when I get my appetite back, chicken soup noodles, crackers and pop!). 

I really hope you've got all you need and start small steps back to sobriety and get back on the sober bus. Hope you're not just waiting at the bus stop today but jumped back on. Remember it only takes 2 or 3 days to suffer. Get stuck into a good book( I know you're like me and love to read). Hopefully you will be on the top deck again and doing what you are brilliant at, helping me and others on this forum. Sending you love and best wishes x

• Posted

This f-ing computer or site is really annoying and stopping me from positing....I give up.

​Paper...your message touched me...and RHGB was right..didn't matter what I got...to protect sobriety it didn't work today.  I am presently cooking fried clams (a craving) and thats not going to help either but I still perserver with doing the act.

​Reading is an option on Day 3...but I have to get Day 1 again. I'm not for the Sinclair method or anything..but complete abstain from it....I'm so able to do it..but unable has become part of my vocabulary at this time.

​Too much going on in my life..an excuse...yea...but coping is not my #1 strength...so I continue to drown sorrows...hope your not...you are much like me in that...you console others but don't talk much about yourself and progress....its ok...whatever works is what they say.............life is short...I don't want to be PRINCE...w*f....sad

• Posted

Misssy, your last sentence will only happen if you let it. You're not alone, keep posting, all night if it helps you, or email me xx
    • Posted

Hi my American twin, misssy. Hoping no news is good news but if you are still drinking I'm sending you love and blessings 🙏 I really do think you should give naltrexone a go. It's working for me and you know I'm one of the alcoholics on this forum that really took it to extremes and near death on a few occasions. Please either try this method or campral for total abstinence. Please please please...xxxx
  • Posted

MASSIVE WELL DONE ALONANGEL!!! And yes I shouted that!!! 😊😊😊😊👍👍👍. Keep going. You're doing great!!
    • Posted

THANK YOU SO MUCH, SHELLEY !!!  I'm shouting right back atcha !!!

I hope you are doing well.

Alonangel 👼

• Posted

im so proud of you and how you have excelled in most importantly your happiness shows thru.....keep going ANGEL.....thoughts are with you....and posting your success helps others..including me.
    • Posted

Hey Misssy, try composing your post in Notepad, so if the site is acting up you don't lose your post. Turn on the "Word Wrap" function (Format.. Word Wrap) in Notepad and don't use the Enter key unless you want a new paragraph. You can copy from Notepad and paste into the Reply window on Patient. 

I hope you're able to shake off the drink soon, Misssy! Keep at it and lean on us!

• Posted

You're welcome!!!

I am doing great thanks. smile. 4 weeks this Monday since last drink!! Struggle with cravings every few nights but still fighting on. smile. Blood tests done and appointment to start acramposate end of the month if all bloods ok.

Shelley. 😊

• Posted

Thank you, Misssy.  I am thinking of you and your struggle, every day.  I want to radiate my new found happiness across to you.  You just keep on trying... there is light at the end of our tunnel.

Blessings and a Big Hug,

Angel xx 👼

• Posted

Secondly Kelly. Please don't give up on this site. We need you as much as you need us. Don't give up on trying to give up. You will get there, small steps and all that..lots of love to you xx
    • Posted

Thank you!  I said I hit my bottom last night.  I'm sure you've been reading some of my posts.  Today I gave all sources of money to my husband so I cannot buy beer.  I also called my doctor to see if she'll help with the naltrexone.  I know not all doctors understand it.  If she does not then I need to move on.

Small steps biggrin)  Thank you for the words of encouragement.

• Posted

Thirdly, well done, congratulations Angel, you are doing so well. You should be very proud of yourself, major achievement. Don't overdo it now you're sober, spoil yourself everyday with anything but the demon drink..yay, fab xx
    • Posted

Hi PaperFairy,

Thanks so much for your good wishes.  I am a bit over-excited about it all.  I can't really believe that it is happening.  A dream come true. A prayer answered. A Miracle, to me.  

The Selincro/Nalmefene is a powerful treatment, if you stick with it.  I am so happy that things are turning around.  I am full of hope for the future.

I do hope you are doing well.  Maybe I can be a little bit of inspiration, now. xx

Angel of Sobriety !!! 👼  

• Posted

Plus did anyone watch "chasing dad"? Really interesting and about an addict/alcoholic. It's about a son filming his father who is gripped with addiction and the downfall. It's still on bbc I player. Still not watched the one RHGB meantioned on YouTube, but will..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.