The plan

Posted , 11 users are following.

I literally could not do it...by myself.  I have someone here...but he is not going to continue running around to get me things. So, we are basically fending for ourselves.  But, when I am in a detox state...I need certain foods to get by. Gatorade being one.

​So i left the house to buy Gatorade...and came home with alcohol.  Now I'm stuck with out anything again.

​My stomach can not tolerate all foods after drinking...so I need Ramien noodles, Gatorade, toilet paper...some chicken cutlets (blan for the oven)....take my vitamins...etc....I felt so lonely yesterday with my recovery and today I was literally pulling hair out.

I have had a couple of beers...and now feel a little better, I'm showered...and thinking I need to go get these things if I have a chance for recovery options tommorow.

​But, since I have had 2 beers...I should wait until the effects start to wear off...so I don't end in jail for drunk driving.  I don't know if I will get any of these things or even drive....but if I don't my recovery is non existent.

​2 beers as a woman constitutes blowing a failure on a driving test....if I wait 40 minutes...which seems unlikely at this time...I will go...and if I don't wait...than I take that chance...for a chance of recovery.  I have no chance either way it seems.

0 likes, 71 replies

71 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Stick with it Angel. What ever you are doing its working, along side the meds. Don't analyse, overdo it, just feel how good it is to be sober. Put something on your fridge or front door( or both) to remind you of the consequences of drinking. And how amazing life is when you don't drink. So happy for you x
  • Posted

Hi everyone.

Well done Missy, one step at a time I guess.

You all sound so helpful that I think I will ask for help here. I want to give up drinking alcohol. I do for 4/5 days and then I convince myself that this time I'll be able to control it better and of course don't.

Alcohol is beginning to leVe me feeling low the next day.

I haven't had any today but I need to keep off it and would love to hear how anyone else has managed to do this?

I want to try and do it without mess, if possible.

Hope to hear from you.

• Posted

The best thing to do Sharon is start up a new thread about yourself, as it will just get lost in this one.

Be as honest as possible and as many details as you can, it all helps in giving you advice, no one is judgemental here. We're not here because we have spent all our lives being sober.

• Posted

Was meant to say without medication (meds)
    • Posted

Sharon -

As you've returned to drinking after having tried quitting so many times, you may want to have a "Plan B" in place. 

Have a look at my reply to Kelly, about 14 posts down from the top in MIsssy's other thread. It starts with "If you have any questions, fire away..."

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-torture-511227?page=0#2092902

Then have a look at this topic:

https://patient.info/health/sinclair-method-for-alcohol-use-disorder

This is the very method I've used to cut my drinking by over 75%, down from about 84 US drinks per week.

• Posted

I can't stop reading this book. I'm totally amazed by the information here. My husband is watching a movie and at every commercial I have "something" I just need to read to him. I don't think I wanna go through the continuous relapses and beating myself up over and over. If my outpatient therapy counselor gave me this info also then it has to be working. I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'm hoping by the end of the book it will be more clear. Thanks again!
    • Posted

P.S. I love the fact this is not an addictive medication.
    • Posted

My pleasure, Kelly! It seems your spirits have lifted too, and that's really great news!
    • Posted

"P.S. I love the fact this is not an addictive medication."

Yes. You'll read in the book that not only is it non-addictive, it shows promise in curing other addictions besides alcohol. I even saw an article about a short study by UCLA where it was tried with Meth users with positive results.

• Posted

I do feel better. I had a few questions and they were answered in the book. One was wanting to know if I could start at 25mg to start and that was a yes. I pray I have no side effects as I'm extremely sensitive to 60% of medications. My doctor must not understand everything about this because the directions on the bottle say to take 1 tablet daily. Then again she is not a participating Dr in TSM. Most likely she thinks I won't drink with this. So, I'm glad to have this info plus my outpatient counselor to help me with this. Anyway, I am going to get through tomorrow with the grace of God and no money lol. Sunday after work I plan to take a half tab one hour before I drink. By Sunday I will be ready to relapse. I want to try to limits drinking to nights when I do not work the next day. But of course I know to be mindful lol. I will always keep the med on hand.
    • Posted

I have a friend who just started these injections. She is a heroin addict. So, yes, much potential.
    • Posted

Yes, do keep a few in your purse so you're never without them.

Sounds like you're saying you don't have to work on Monday? If so, that's very good timing in case you do have side effects Sunday night or Monday morning, it's always nice to be comfy at home in case something crops up. 

• Posted

Definitely will keep some pills here and there. And no I do not work Monday. So i just need to get through tomorrow. I have faith. I work til three on Sunday. Since I know I will be ready for a drink as soon as I walk in the door I'll be sure to take the pill at work before I go home. Gotta love the way an alcoholic mind thinks.
  • Posted

How are you managing today, Misssy? I hope you're feeling much better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.