Time for some good vibes

Posted , 16 users are following.

There are so many negative and bad news posts in this menopause forum, perhaps it is time for something different. Time for a little bit of light in the darkness. Of course, one would expect to find mainly distressing tales on a patient website - it is the nature of the beast. People are on here to tell their tales, get support and share information or advice. But there is a place for good news to give people hope, especially with menopause, which is a minefield of possible treatments (not just HRT but also medications or alternative therapies to tackle individual symptoms) and which, in the majority of cases, passes. Unfortunately, it is often the case that those women who have found the best solution for them or have found successful ways to cope or for whom menopause is over, they no longer visit this forum - and why would they? - they no longer need advice or support. However, hearing the good news can be just as important as sharing our tales of woe. Of course we should not belittle menopause - many women have exhausted all the available options and are still suffering ... all the more important for them to hear something positive, I would have thought. There are also many women who have exhausted all the possible options but still remain active and positive - how have they done that? What helped them cope? It would be helpful to hear. There are also women who have been through the trials of menopause and come out the other end unscathed - it would be inspiring for those still in the quagmire of menopausal symptoms to know there is an end in sight - it can be difficult to believe there is an end when you are in the middle of it all.

So, no bad vibes here, just good vibes - please post on here your successful coping strategies and, also, let's hear from those women for whom all the menopausal crap has passed (if you still follow these discussion, let us know that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel). Just positive, uplifting stories - somewhere where those of us who benefit from hearing such things can go. There are plenty of discussions in the menopause forum where women share their struggles - time for something salutogenic.

10 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Sorry I'm late suki, I'm desperately trying to run again but tonight I was like a demented turkey on drugs 😂

Anyhoo, fab post right up my street and thank you for sharing as always. I think I'm in a very weird position with primary ovarian failure because I went straight to menopause from secondary school, just didn't understand what that meant so donkeys years later, I'm not sure there is an end of or me (not being dramatic, it's a fact). Because of that I have to look at things differently, I'm not waiting for the end of it, I'm just having to accept that it's my life maybe, and that motivates me to get on with it. If I take to the couch and try and wait it out, I may be waiting forever! So for me it's a bit of ongoing maintenance. I take the hrt because my own hormones have already done so much damage that I need to limit any more, but I'm constantly topping it up, changing approach, trying new things just to keep moving forward. I lost 4 stone, I walk, I run (not a good example today 😳 I ) meditate, I take supplements and try anything to keep my focus and balance. I use Chinese medicine, acupuncture, hypnotherapy and homeopathy (not all at the same time lol) and some days I turn a corner and its amazing, and others are harder. I love the feeling that comes from helping people on this forum who feel desperate and hopeless, and I know when I'm in that ditch the same will be done for me. Probably not what you need girls, but I appreciate you all. Sara xx

Suki - well done with the walking love

• Posted

That's the spirit! You keep fighting! That's what i do - keep researching, keep trying things until I find something that works. That's how I approach everything - vulvodynia, kienbocks, menopause. I may not find something that works but trying to gives me a purpose and that's what keeps me going.

• Edited

Helloooo dear mam

Well said..really we all who r in mid of Peri need motivations from woman who won the battle of menopause.We need advices from u all.

Really wonderful post u write ✌

we all r love to hear Good vibes from other who r fine now and win battle of menopause.

i am in mid of Peri and always feel depress with my symtoms ..Big stuggle for every day. Left my job because of this.

2 month back i join this forum..and start feeling better....its really nice to read post and discussed with friends my symtoms..i get soo many helpful tips from u all.

Peri is stage when ur family also not able to understand what going on with u ..only ladies who r in same boat can understand each other and support.

THANK U ALL

LOVE U ALL

may we all cross this difficult phase if life with each other support.

Good Luck

• Edited

I recently read that if you have hot flushes before your last ever period that you are likely to have them up to maybe 12 years after the last period, but if you don't have a flush until after your last period, they will probably only last about four years, in my case I did have them prior to my last period, still getting them ten years after my last period, this might seem a long time, but to be honest they are just part of me now and they don't bother me at all! I don't know if I will ever truly be free of the menopause, my worst symptom is anxiety, but this doesn't necessarily mean it's down to the menopause, though it does fit in! In my experience the menopause has just been there for all these years, it has just lived with me, I see it as a phase in life that we have to go through, obviously some worse than others, but it's a necessary evil not a life sentence. I was happy to be done with periods 😃 and I overcame symptoms (I can relate to lots of them described on this forum) by living with or pushing against them.

• Posted

Thanks for that Annette. You have a refreshing attitude.

• Posted

To be honest, I can look back to 2017 until now and say that I am better than before. Though, I'm still getting symptoms and they are constantly changing but nothing like before. I have also found out that some of my severe symptoms were coming from my amalgam fillings. ( I know hard to believe but true) I've been having them removed and since heart palpitations almost gone. I guess it could be a blessing that perimenopause led me to do alot of researching. I had no idea that some of my issues were actually coming from my mouth. I hope and pray daily that we all will start feeling better and better.

• Posted

wow, just goes to show that there may be other things going on with us, health wise, that we attribute to menopause when it may in fact not be the case. There are so many symptoms of meno that could alos be symptoms of other things - how are we supposed to know what's what? Pleased to know you found the source of some of your symptoms and were able to get it sorted out. I think I've got some old fillings from when I was much much younger.....

• Edited

i am in peri at 47. have talked to some women in their 60s n 70s . They all feel normal now, except of course, maybe they can't run on a treadmill n an occasional hot flush!! :p Mostly they said that their symptoms last fr nearly 2 years before being in post menopause. So yes, there is light at at end of this transition tunnel.

As for me, I have been able to reduce the severity of my symptoms by eating healthy and light exercise. i do take vit b complex n magnesium and herbal supplement called Brahmi (bacopa). no junk food. but occasional cup of coffee or tea when im w family or friends. n i rest more than i used to. most of all im mentally prepared to transition. i want to age gracefully and be happy to. 😃 im looking forward to less expectations and responsibilities. Attitude does help.

• Posted

great attitude Lina, you are an inspiration.

• Posted

Yes, i too applaud you, and you mental preparedness. This has got me thinking about menopause and exactly what it is us menopausal women are lamenting - is it really the menopause and it's symptoms? Or are we lamenting the coming of old age and the loss of youth, which menopause so effectively highlights? And is the acceptance of aging and loss of youth made all the more difficult it the current day and age where youth and appearance are given such high priority (in some cultures,as Suki points out).

• Edited

I reckon there is a lot of truth in your comment jules!! I certainly lament the passing years, I had a bad time with the empty nest syndrome, I do feel as if I am becoming a little invisible, I certainly don't feel my age of nearly 63, I think and act as somebody a lot younger and will continue to do so!! I keep up with changing opinions and new technology and refuse to become an old fuddy duddy haha 😃 The menopause certainly is the closing of a chapter but as long as we keep ourselves young of mind and thinking we will do ok! Symptoms do become less and it's all a moment in time before we get to the next phase of our lives, and woe betide anyone who classes me as elderly in the future haha, we really are as young as we feel 😃

• Posted

well said Annette! You are a good example to us all!

• Edited

Some say we stop playing because we get old, I say we get old because we stop playing.

• Edited

love it! I was going to say isn't that from 'The Hangover" film, but i just looked it up and apparently it is George Bernard Shaw! LOL. Shows my cultural references!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.