Tinnitus and excess mucus

Posted , 26 users are following.

This started a week ago at night I started getting ringing sensation in both my ears which persisted that night and wouldn't let me sleep went to the Ent department and got diagnosed as eustachian tube blockage as I had popping of ears and had to constantly swallow so that the ears feel better had a Pure tone audiometry done which should no hearing loss then had a tympanomarty which showed a bit increase in the middle ear pressure got prescribed with anti histamine and antibiotics any idea when the tinnitus goes it has decreased ro an extent it doesn't disturb but if I close my ears I can hear it anyone experienced the same?

1 like, 85 replies

85 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes Kunal! we are going to be okay,

besides medication, im starting to go to craneosacrap therapy

today was my 4th session and i feel very good 

i also experienced a few seconds of total silence,

if you havent try it, i highly recommmend it

greeting for mexico

i hope we can get rid of this noise, or at least habituate quickly

smile

• Posted

i do masking and retraining therapy 

i guess it well go in couple of months o we'll get used to it the key is dont let it bring u down beat it and live your life to the fullest 

greetings from India 

• Posted

What has the doctor tell you about your Eustachian Tubes?

its funny but when the weather changes my t becomes sorta loud...

yes we gotta keep on focusing on the positive.

i highly recommend louis l hay books.

and craneosacral therapy too.

• Posted

She told me that they are inflamed sir to the cold I had earlier I have to wait for the infection to go may be that time it'll go
    • Posted

Yes! well lets hope it goes away soon smile

is your T still constant?

is it sometimes high pitched?

how is your nasal congestion?

hope eveything is better.

this week the tinnitus had been super low.

yesterday it was super low, lets say a 0.2 out of 10.

im really excited for it to fade smile 

• Posted

Mine is very fade constant fade nasal congestion still der using steroidal nasal spray which works for me totally well

I just think its not der that helps

• Posted

T is constant in both ears same pitch reduced in intensity now like 95% reduced I have to be on nasal spray for more one month so as to bring down the inflammation in the Eustachian tube it's manageable totally but we have to be paitent
    • Posted

Oh okey!, mine is contant too.

sometimes really low and sometimes high pitched.

for its been already 7 days and its reducing .

• Posted

Lets wait for some weeks don't concentrate on it too much I know it's hell but there will b better days I'm sure of that ,that's what keeps me going

• Posted

Hi Mario how are you doing mine started fading away right ear is popping rarely left still is and tinnitus is almost gone

Hope your doing well

• Posted

Hi kunal

Read ur chat

Hope u r clear of T

R u still active here

Need sm help from u regarding T.i am really afraid and in tension

I too have T sinve last 10 days.

R u from india?

Can u share ur number?

• Posted

I've had concerns about ETD for a while. I have severe tinitus, regular blocked nose and blocked left ear. I have to constantly draw/open my mouth to get my hearing back for it to pop.

I've been on prescribed nasal drops for several months with no much change. I've now switched to using Sterimar nasal hygiene ( natural seawater spray) as I am concerned about the long term affects on using prescribed nasal sprays.

My ENT consultant has said that I have an ear infection rather than ETD and it will clear up soon, but I disagree, especially after reading posts on this forum.

Do you think I should go back to use prescribed nasal sprays?

Do you think this will have any affect on curing my hearing issues ?

My tinitus is giving me sleepless nights and the loss/reduction of my hearing in my one ear (until it pops) is affecting my work and personal life.

On another note, I had a tick bite two years ago, so am interested to hear if anyone else has Lymes disease and having similar issues. Some forums I read about Lymes also mention hearing issues.

• Posted

If it's infection then let the infection subside then only u can treat ur tinnitus sometimes they take long time to go ull feel like giving up but don't there will better days

Get it self checked for infections and get a audiogram done

• Posted

In this situation, I do not beleive it is an infection. I've had poppng ears for over 6 months, the tinitus was there before but has increased significantly.

I've had a CT and MRI scan and nothing untoward has been found.

Has anyone else had Lymes symptions and having similar problems ?

• Posted

ya get it checked ,better to be safe do you have any aucostic trauma before ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.