Tinnitus driving me to suicide

Posted , 38 users are following.

I fell pregnant in Sept 2014 (unplanned).  I didn't want more kids as I had a bad experience after my son was born 9 years ago.  I had dizziness, feeling of sleeping and never waking up again, panic attacks etc.  I took a long time to recover.  So when I feel pregnant (after 9 years) my husband told my son he is going to be a big brother and he got so excited and I didnt have the heart to abort the pregnancy as I saw how happy he was.  I was scared to go through with it considering how it was when my son was born but decided to do it anyway for the sake of my son.  In November 2014 I had a feeling in my right ear that I was losing my hearing so I made an appointment with an ENT.  He did tests but never told me my hearing in my right ear was bad, he just kept quiet.  I was so stupid and didnt even ask him what the tests showed.  He just gave me drops to put in my ear.  I went home and put the drops one day and the next day I would put olive oil and kept this going for a week.  However I felt this blockage was getting worse but didnt think anything about it.  I had tinnitus in my right ear previous to this for about 2 years.  It wasnt something I even noticed because it only happened at work when I was stressed but other than that I never noticed it so I didnt worry too much.  At the end of Dec 2014 I woke up one morning with this terrible noise in my right ear which scared the sh*t out of me.  I was so scared you would not believe it.  I also had this fullness in my right ear as if someone stuffed cotton wool in it.  I thought it would go away but a week later it was still there only this time I had a noise in the centre of my head by my nose, a different static sound.  I was getting more scared by this time.  Then at the beginning of Jan 2015 I had a miscarriage.  The noise however still remained.  I then went for an MRI and CT scan at the end of January 2015, all clear.  I then did blood tests, all clear.  I then went for a CT Angiogram and was told there is a narrow blood vessel at the back of my head on the right side but that they are not sure if this is causing the noise.  I was advised to "just live with it" as they could not put a stent in as there is a huge risk of a stroke.  My doctor then called me in and said that it "could" be tinnitus and there is nothing they can do about it.  I have been depressed since that day.  Its almost 7 months now and I cry so often as I miss my "normal" life when I didn't have this freaking thing !!  I am so suicidal and I don't know what to do.  I almost jumped off the building today where I work but I keep thinking about my son.  If it wasn't for him I would be dead right now.  How do I cope and live with this forever.  What if I live until a 100 years old, OMG, how will I manage with it until I die.  I don't think I can do this.  I am so depressed and yes I saw a psychiatrist and a psychologist and 4 different ENT doctors, GP's, Audiologists etc etc.  I am so sick and tired of doctors, hospitals etc.  My life has been and is still hell for the last 7 months.  I cannot sleep like I used to.  I used to sleep "like dead". Now when I wake up at 3am I cannot get back to sleep like I used to.  To top it all off I moved to a new house in Sept 2014 and I am homesick for my old house as there I was healthy with no tinnitus and happy.  Now I am miserable in a home I hate.  PLEASE PLEASE anyone help me.  What must I do to cope ? 

9 likes, 108 replies

108 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Shabina - so sorry to hear of your great difficulties. I too have tinnitus and hearing loss and balance problems after my doctor put me on a high dose of atorvastatin, which can be toxic to the ears. Yes, tinnitus is very, very annoying and disturbing. There is no escape from it, so one can feel "trapped" and hopeless. I am struggling with trying to cope with it so I can fully understand and appreciate your emotional pain. Right now I am trying to focus only on the here and now as much as possible and not worry about how I'm going to cope with this for the rest of my life. There's a chance it may lessen in severity in time. There's a chance that there may be a medical treatment to help it eventually. There are also some kind of hearing aids one can get which help to mask the sound of the tinnitus. I know that none of these things give us the relief that we desire right now, but by considering them, it may help us get through the days right now. You might want to ask your doctor if he or she can prescribe a medication to help you sleep better. I take a number of natural sleep aids such as l-tryptophan, GABA, a mixture of hops and valerian root, and also a natural calming agent with Holy Basil in it called Total Calm Advanced, plus a mild sedative at bedtime. All of these things in combination help me get enough sleep to function on a daily basis - I have a very stressful job on top of everything. I try to find small things that give me some happiness and peace, and I also try to keep my faith in God and pray as often as possible. I also have a psychotherapist I see regularly and am able to talk about my feelings. If you can find a competent clinical psychologist or clinical social worker, that might be another way to help you cope with all of this. Hopefully, some of these things can help you begin to take your life back and not be defeated by this thing.
    • Posted

Hi Barbara, T is controlling my life right now and I dont know what to do.  I am suicidal on a daily basis.  Keep thinking of the best way to end this misery once and for all.  Dont know how long I can keep this up.  I wish I was strong like all of you in this forum but I am so weak and fragile right now.  I am hanging on by a thread literally.  I gave up on God ever existing cos if he did exist then none of us would be suffering like this right now and diseases such as cancer would not exist.  Sometimes I wish I had an amputated leg or hand but no T. This would be better for me as at least people would not think I have a mental problem.  T is like a mental problem cos you have to see psychiatrists and psychologists etc. I live in South Africa so I don't know if they have natural sleeping aids but I will have to find out from a herbal shop.  How long are you a sufferer ?  Can you hear your T all the time or is it only at night when all is quiet ? 
    • Posted

Hi Shabina, believe me I am not stronger than anyone. This tinnitus came on top of a whole big bunch of problems in my life that have been going on forever, so it has hit me very hard, and yes I have questioned my faith too. I don't know God is taking a back seat to all of our problems, but I suspect it is because He wants us to figure it out and work through out with His love and guidance. We as human beings have the God given ability to solve all of our problems. It is our unwillingness to do so that stops us. It is the evil (sin) in our world that has created all of our diseases, wars, and other problems, and God feels our pain and wants to light the way for us to overcome all of our adversities. That said, it is not any easy task for any of us. Life is a daily struggle, and the only thing that helps me to keep going and not end my life is the faith that God is with me and helping me do all that I do which is in accordance with His laws. I realize that a great many of my problems have been created to a large extent by my own human errors. My tinnitus was caused by the carelessness of my doctor and the greed of the pharmaceutical industry in putting out drugs that they know will hurt certain sensitive people. Experiencing hearing loss is very traumatic to me because I love music more than anything in the world, and I pray that the hearing loss will not worsen, so I can continue to enjoy playing an listening to music. Each of us has to own our problems as painful as that may be, and work with God in doing what we can to overcome them and grow stronger in the process. I hope you will reconsider some of the conclusions you have reached and work on embracing a new perspective on your life as a whole, not making the tinnitus dominate all of your attention. It doesn't happen overnight, but we can work on it day by day. I pray that God will help you in your journey.
    • Posted

Hi Barbara

I can definately relate to what you are going through, believe me I am going through a huge bunch of problems myself and to top it all off I ended up with Tinnitus as well.  It is not getting any easier for me.  Last week my house was broken into and just today someone broke into my car at work.  My problems never seems to be ending.  I was perfectly healthy last year this time and in a year everything turns out for the worse.  I wish I never had tinnitus and there was no such thing that existed.  I am so very fed up with all the bad things that has been happening to me.  How can I deal with everything including a huge pounding sound in my head.  I try my best to ignore it but sometimes it is so loud and strange.  I get headaches accompanied with it as well which does not help at all.  I struggle daily with everything.  Waking up is a struggle, getting ready for work is a struggle, everything I do for the day is a struggle and no one at home understands.  I feel as if I am just "existing" and not living anymore like I used to.  The only people who understands are people like you in this forum.  I am glad that I can speak to people who are in the same boat as me.  It really helps.  I wish I have so much faith in God as you do.  My faith has now disappeared considering the hell I have been through.  The funny thing is I never in my 40 years on this earth had any such problems before.  All this started when I moved to a new home in Sept 2014.  It has all been downhill since then. Sometimes I wish I had some other illness and not this one as it is so hard to deal with.  I have thought so many times of the best possible way to end my life - maybe drink poison, or jump of a building, or by hanging myself but I don't have the guts to do it.  I am so scared cos one day something is going to push me over the edge and I will just not think of anything or anyone and just go ahead with the suicide and end my miserable life once and for all.  That is how much T. is affecting me.  I am going for TRT therapy but I am not sure if that is going to help or if I am just wasting my time and money.  What do you do to control your T.  Is there any meds that might help me ?

• Posted

Dear Shabina, 

I have read through your story and perhaps I can offer some commentary which might be helpful. 

First, I must say that I am one of the 260 million persons in the world who has intractable chronic tinnitus. All of your emotional feelings, thoughts and moods are felt / experienced by every Tinnitus sufferer - yes, you are not alone in your own misery. 

Although, in the current medical world of 2015 there is no such thing as a "cure", regardless of written scam advertisements, con-artists and all the false claim-makers  who want your money, there are different types of methods which have clinically been shown to help improve the noise levels symptoms of tinnitus, personal habituation, emotional and conscious acceptance and the avoidance of sleep deprivation. 

Many of the treatment modalities for improving (T) are expensive, thus the patient must do serious reading and make smart comparisons among the legitimate treatments that are available. I do my research reading as follows: I use Google search engine, which may be the best, and I search for clinical studies and articles at: NIH / PubMed (National Institute of Health / Published Medical). The NIH is the largest US government subsidized research organization in the world. I also have a dear friend, a physician, who has chronic tinnitus and together we have studied through several medical textbooks specifically on (T).

The onset of severe tinnitus will eat a way at every patient deep into the conscious and sub-conscious mind. Especially during the first year onset, your limbic nervous system identifies the uncomfortable and somewhat bizarre noise in your brain as an enemy - this causes the flight or fight state of mind. This continuation of this state of mind will exhaust you and eventually it can cause the onset of other disease. Your state of mind directly effects your immune system.

With this said, here are several things to consider:

Sleep Deprivation is the "number one" concern for a (T) patient. Inadequate sleep leads to suicidal ideation and physical exhaustion of the entire human body. 

Mentioned below by Barabara are the names of some natural sleep aids. This is very insightful and I have tried some of these substances for sleeping. 

"I take a number of natural sleep aids such as l-tryptophan, GABA, a mixture of hops and valerian root, and also a natural calming agent with Holy Basil in it called Total Calm Advanced, plus a mild sedative at bedtime." If these natural products do not work for you then discuss with your doctor the following; prescription of a "hypnotic sedative" - Ambien, Lunesta or there Generic drug such as Zolpidem Tartreate, etc. 

A Nervous State of Mind (constant) is the second concern of (T) and much of this is caused from FEAR, FRIGHT and NON-ACCEPTANCE of this medical condition. 

As far as the medical research indicates (clinical based studies) TRT, Tinnitus Retraining Therapy the model created by Professor Jastebroff, is the most effective way to learn ACCEPTANCE and to turn off the NEGATIVE emotions stemming from fear, fright and panic. If one chooses to find a PhD. level Psychologist for TRT counseling hopefully they have studied under Proff. Jastebroff, his clinical model. 

The following prescription drugs, which are to be taken seriously - meaning used with caution and not abused, have been very helpful in treating (T) symptoms (noise levels & pitch) and calming negative emotions are: Xanax and Klonazapam. Usually, in small dosages. Xanax in clinical trials showed to reduce symptoms 45-55% in majority of patients. The natural herb Ginko Biloba is helpful for certain types of (T) - however it must be of pharmaceutical grade and one would try it for 60-90 days to see if it helps. 

Tinnitus Maskers are at the top of the list for electronic devices. If the Audiologist programs the masker correctly (based on Audiology tests and product knowledge) they help the majority of (T) patients. This is what William Shatner Star-Trek) discovered for managing his (T) - Mr. Shatner, like so many sufferers went through suicidal ideation for one year. He eventually habituated and managed his condition. 

If there is hearing loss - then a combination hearing aid and masker would be appropiate.   

There is much positive research regarding the use of HYPNOTISM and COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL treatments - something to be considered. 

The following items are very expensive and the research data is mixed as for actual effectiveness.

Neuromonics - much of the research is financed by the company (possibly slanted) and the price is outrageous. However, it has helped a percentage of patients. Seriously, one needs to read carefully all information. 

SoundCure - has been available for about two years. Less expensive than Neuromonics.

TinnitusLabs, Montreal, Canada - affordable price and it has been used in the Montreal Tinnitus Clinic for over ten years. 

All of the three mentioned devices are based on the theory of "Plasticity" the brains ability to re-adapt to changes in the auditory cortex and the hearing system, which is a very complex design by nature,etc. 

On a personal note, I wouold suggest if you can find a "psychologist" who has (T) or cochlear implants, or is partially deaf (uses hearing aids) then you are in the presence of another human being who truly understands the nature of your condition and why your emotions are out of whack. 

I deal with terrible-terrible (T) and I spent my first year of onset in a world of ugly thought - the suicide game. I have an acquaintance who committed suicide due to (T) - but he did not put a program together - he did not reach out and try alternatives.

Far from perfect and far from what the little child in you wants to hear - (T) can be accepted and managed. There will be good days and there will be some miserable days. 

Look at everything which is available to help you harness (T). It is not easy but perhaps it really is better than ending our lives.

Take Care / Calm Down.

Spiritual Strenght - Just look at the children of St. Judes Hospital fighting Cancer - Today, we at least have some tools to help us with (T) - imagine a hundred years ago...!       

• Posted

Something else I forgot to mention:

In every room of my house I have a medium size fan or air cleaner which puts out a relaxing low frequency sound of air / wind movement.

Next to my bed is an outdoor water fall which puts out a noticeable volume of water falls - its great. The concept of (T) maskers is based upon the physics of water sounds.  

As for music therapy - try listening to gentle new age music on a low-medium volume level - never never loud. New age pop-orchestral music has all of the frequencies that cover the human spectrum of hearing.

Create at night in your bedroom an acoustic environment that masks / blends with your (T). Water-falls, sounds of nature, CD masker with stereo system, White-Noise CD masker, anything that helps.

And give to your family a printed article which explains the challenges of (T) - ask them to read it - they need to have some understanding & empathy for you. 

Life is to be lived - "one day at a time" 

• Posted

Excellent advice from Mike. I too have tried expensive neuromodulation methods with little effect. Phsycho therapy from a good practitioner who understands the anxiety and depression caused by T is a good first step.
    • Posted

Kudos to you, Mike, for your well thought out advice.  I have learned to live with tinnitus, just part of the natural soundscape, and when I call it the 'music of the universe' it becomes even easier to bear.

• Posted

Sabrina, i have had it for almost 3 yrs, it was hard at first, but then it all started getting better, now i drink, party, have great time with my kids, but i did feel as you are feeling now, its just a matter of time, it will get better, 8 promise you, you will get used to it as we all do, i know the feeling and trust me i felt just as you did, i hear it all day every day lol, its just a new noise for my noise menu, , accept it, it will really help.....God bless you and help you Habituate, live life regardless of this hellish noise, it will go away when we go to eternal sleep, thats how i think of it, you have many things to live for, dont ever think of taking your life, its just a matter of time, just accept it and hear it, learn to tolerate it, thats what i do! IT WORKS.....
    • Posted

Thanks Ray,

I have heard so many people say I will get used to it.  I sometimes wonder if I ever will. 

How did you habituate to your T.  I also thought that the only time I will be free of this noise is when I die.  I am afraid that if I live for very long and I will be miserable from now until I die.  That thought scares the life out of me.  I wish God just take me away now instead of letting me suffer until old age.  Death would be better than having to live this kind of life.  How long is your T. and what does it sound like ? 

I am glad you live your life and not let it bother you.  I wish I could say the same.  Maybe time will tell, who knows.  I am so depressed as well as I never thought in a million years that something like this will  happen to me.  I ask God "why me".  I have friends, family, cousins who had a second baby but none of them developed T. while pregnant.  How come I am the only one.  Life is just not fair !  If only I knew this would happen to me, now its too late.  I will try and take your advice.  We only got one life, unfortunately my life is not turning out the way I want it to, just my luck hey !

• Posted

Hi Shabina

Firstly my sympathy.

I've had tinnitus now for seven years after receiving chemotherapy for six months.

The chemo had damaged the minute hairs in my cochlear resulting in my brain receiving false sounds of a 12khz pitch.

Tried various masking devices which didn't really help.

I did manage to go to Adenbrooks audiology dept in Cambridge and saw David Baguley consultant.

He and two others have written a book which may help called Living with Tinnitus. This is more CBT but may help you.

• Posted

Hi Sean

Did this book help you?  How do you cope with your tinnitus ?  What is CBT ?

I think I say this book advertised on the internet.  I am skeptical about this false ads trying to take advantage of desperate people like us.  I also read about the Antitinus patch.  I am wondering if it is for real or a scam just like the others.  Any suggestions from your perspective.  Did you habituate to your tinnitus ?  Any suggestions on how to get a full nights sleep without using sleeping pills ?  Any input would be helpful, thanks.

• Posted

I have had tinnitus for more than 20 years. It was caused by one of two (or maybe both maybe) drugs I needed to treat cancer. I was under 40. I couldn't understand what was wrong to start with, as sounds just a little bit louder than ambient were distorted, as though they were coming from a cheap transistor radio with nearly dead batteries. I found that piano sounds were uncomfortable to listen to especially live. I'm not sure if that got better over time or I have simply got used to it, but the distortion seems less.

What did not abate and remains is a constant continuous very high pitched ringing sound (as best I can describe anyway). I will know when a headache is on it's way too as it gets louder almost screaming.

Out and about I don't really notice with general racket of modern life. Quiet times it is far more significant.

But it is not a huge deal. Don't get me wrong I'd rather not have it, but then I'd also rather not have had cancer needing bone marrow transplant. Also epilepy which is an ever present danger. I take 3 drugs for that which still doesn't control it after very many years, and with all manner of side effects. You must sometimes learn just to be accepting of certain situations. You will find ways to cope like others have here.

• Posted

Dear Shabina, 

This is my third commentary to you. Please do not take this the wrong way; I feel for you as I do for all of the people, including myself, who are challenged with chronic (T).

You have read commentaries by people who have (T) plus Cancer or other life threatening diseases. All of these commentaries are written by people who are offering you sound advice - advice perhaps better than what a doctor may say!

I personally wrote you a lengthily commentary based on scientific / medical literature - the most current medical textbook on the subject of (T). 

You have been offered by several people information "to put together" a management process to help improve your (T). 

You have a personal choice to make and only you can make this choice;

1)  Continue to do nothing but scream and complain and drive yourself to the point of insanity..!

2) Write out, on paper, an outline for your (T) program, and try "one thing at a time." Start with the least expensive method / process and try it for 60-90 days and let's see if it helps. I suggest you re-read my first comment - the suggestions are from the "Tinnitus Research Initiative textbook" - this is as good as it gets regarding scientific literature & clinical data. 

As Dr. Nagler would say (one of the top authorities on (T) with terrible (T) - it is time to stop yelling and to do something about your condition to improve the symptoms. The process takes time, patients and "acceptance" - but it does get better over time. 

Thus, enough is enough - get your direction in sight and move forward. 

You have the information and it is up to you..!

Again, I say this with a kind heart and I wish you the best. 

"Action on your behalf is now required." 

You are lucky that you have not been diagnosed with a disease and a death sentence of a few months - just think about this...!

Bless Your Spirit

• Posted

I know how you feel and I am only 24 years old ... way too young. I saw two ents and both told me to live with it, no cure, no treatment. It was very upsetting to hear and frustarting. They are trying to tell me that I have etd but I just got tinnitus 3 months ago. No clue why. My right ear is blocked, pressure and loud humming noise twenty four hours. My left ear is not too bad .. but is blocked and low humming noise. I lost 10d in my left ear .. but I am ALREADY hearing impaired since birth. I never had tinnitus or any ear problems before in my life until now. I have been in a bad place in the last six months. My anxiety have been worse as well. I don't even know what to do anymore .. Doctors are not helping. I am trying my best to ignore the tinnitus and hopefully I will get better soon. I hope you get better soon too! Do not give up.
    • Posted

Hi, I feel for you cos I know exactly what you are going through.  You are right you are way too young to have this terrible condition.  I can relate to you being "in a bad place for six months".  I have been in this bad place too for the last 7 months.  I can also relate to the loud humming noise.  Mine is like that also but only in the right ear.  Its worse at work as I am a secretary and my hard-drive makes the noise louder somehow.  Doctors do nothing to help.  I have been to different GP's, physican, 4 different ENT etc.  they do nothing to help.  I am currently seeing an Audiologist and started TRT therapy.  Don't know if that is going to help but I am desperate right now.  I know how you feel by saying "you don't know what to do anymore".  I feel the same too.  I am also trying to ignore it like you but only time will tell.  I wish you all the best and hope you also get better soon.  You can message me anytime if you just want to talk. I think it helps to talk to people who are going through the same thing as you.  We all need as much support and advice we can get from other sufferers.  Are you taking any meds for your anxiety.  Is there any treatment / medication you are taking to help you sleep.  Take care and hope to hear from you soon. 
    • Posted

It is exhausting and tiring and frustarting. I think about last year and get super depressed because I was totally fine and normal. The last four or five months, I am uncomfortable and tired from my tinnitus and ear problems. I also work on the computer and sit on my desk all day. I work for an insurance company and the quiet makes my tinnitus very noticeable. I just wish it would go away. I pray and hope that it does. I just want to get better. What is TRT therapy? I've heard about this but was not sure what you do. I am upset too because I've seen two ENTS and they both told me to live with it. I had to drive two hours there and back each time just for them to waste my time. It is hard to ignore this. I am trying though. I love to sleep because you don't hear it or deal with this. It's the only time I am not exhausted from this. I hope you feel better soon. Do not give up. Did this happen after you got pregnant the second time? You had tinnitus for two years and it went away somehow? It may go away again for you. I hope so. I hope we get better soon! Don't let this control your life. I can sleep fine .. but I am on avamys nasal spray once a day. It doesn't really help for anything. Take care
    • Posted

I know how you feel and I was also totally fine and normal last year this time.  My tinnitus only started on 29 December 2014 and I had it ever since. I was 4 months pregnant at the time.  If only I knew the pregnancy was going to cause this problem.  I had tinnitus + - 2 years ago. I only noticed it when stressed at work - maybe once or twice a week.  Sometimes I didnt hear it for 2 weeks and then when stressed it comes and goes but I knew how to control it.  I would take a deep breath and calm myself and it would stop.  Now after the pregnancy it is a different sound - more like a humming noise 24 hours a day 7 days a week and it is extremely loud especially in a quiet place. The sound is coming from my head whereas the other sound that I had + - 2 years ago was coming from my ears.  This one is different somehow.   I am sick of doctors, specialists, hospitals etc.  They all just wasted my time and money.  Well TRT is actually Tinnitus Retraining Therapy.  I just started my first session last week.  My audiologist has started teaching me Relaxation techniques.  Apparently it helps with habituation or so they say, only time will tell.  You said sleep is the only time you are okay with your (T).  Doesn't it bother you since it is quieter at night ?  Do you take sleeping pills or use sound machines to sleep ?   I also wish I never had it and wish it would just go away.  I keep asking God "why me", it is just not fair.  I have so many friends, family etc who had a second baby but none of them developed (T) while pregnant. I also am angry with myself - I should have Googled Tinnitus and pregnancy and see if my (T) would get worse while pregnant.  I didn't do this and now it is too late.  I feel like my "perfect life" is over.  I am trying my best to act and behave normal and not let it take over but sometimes its just so hard and I get depressed and feel that this should never have happened to me.  I am battling to accept that this is going to be my life until I die.  I have been extremely suicidal also.  I am so deperate for a miracle right now !!  I wish the doctors could find a cure for all of us who are suffering.  They can perform miracle operations and transplants but why haven't they found a cure yet for this.  Did you try any online products and if so did any of them work.  I don't know if these products are a scam or if they really work.  Anyways I gotta go now, time to go home, you take care of yourself and feel free to chat to me anytime either on this forum or you can send me a private message.  Cheers and hang in there, helps to know I am not alone in my misery !
    • Posted

That sucks. I am sorry to hear that this have been bothering you for the past eight months. Remember, you are not alone. At least you were 40 years old, not 23 years old. This probably doesn't make you feel better and even though this is horrible for any age, I feel like I am too young to be dealing with this and I haven't even exactly started my life yet. I hope the TRT therapy helps you. Try not to focus on the tinnitus and keep yourself busy. You do forget that you have tinnitus even for a few minutes but it comes back again when you think about it which sucks too haha. I should talk to my audiologist about TRT. I just wish it goes away. I have went through the same thing, wondering why me cause I've been through so much in life and struggles and I am trying to stay positive but sometime it has been hard. I never had tinnitus or any ear problems before in my life. I just got tinnitus 3 months ago, it just happened out of the blue and no one can explain why. It is very frustarting and upsetting. I just wish and pray one day it goes away and I can go back to feeling normal and be normal, you know? I only tried the ear popper but it doesn't really work. Maybe it will work for you if you have not tried. I also tried 4 cortisteriod nasal spray but they don't really work either. Maybe it will work for you if you have not tried but it usually doesn't haha. But you are so desperate, you would try anything right? So right now, I am not on anything or anything at all. Just suffering and trying to ignore my tinnitus and live my life. It bothers me when I am at work because the quiet makes my tinnitus more noticeable and sometimes at home when I focus. For some reason, I can go to sleep just fine every night. At first, it was hard but I've learned to ignore and sleep perfectly fine every night because I tell myself that I go to sleep and you won't hear it anymore. So no I am not on sleeping pills or anything. I just go to sleep. I've had my good days and bad days. We all have them. Try to stay positive!! Your kids need you and remember, suicide doesn't just hurt you. It also hurt your family. Try to relax and have a good weekend. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.