TKR MAY 8th

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm coming up to 10 weeks post tkr to the right knee, had op in May.  I've had and still get all these symptoms you are all experiencing. My left knee and hip also has a lot of pain especially when going up stairs and laying down, feel tired all the time just started driving last week that was an experience... Just doing local driving. Gonna try going to work for a couple of days next week, I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home . It's quite a roller coaster of emotions 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I found the tiredness awful and lasted a while , I am 7 mths and knee not bad but lower back pain awful especially in morning . It’s a very hard operation !!
    • Posted

Hi Jenny sounds like you and I are at exactly the same stage with same problems.

I am coping with my knee okay now though still very stiff and uncomfortable.My lower back is agony when I stand or walk.

I have had spinal surgery twice and a new hip but this knee op was horrendous, think I’m still traumatised.Hope you improve soon.☘️

• Posted

Oh dear that’s a lot of surgery no wonder your back hurts ! I’m worried it’s a hip and not my back ! I found water aerobics helped the most, will do more when weather here improves as all the pools outside . Good luck 
  • Posted

I had my TKR on May 7.  My range of motion finally got yo 120 degrees.  My therapy runs out in one more week.  Every day when I get up, I'm very stiff and was told to do heel slides in bed before trying to walk.  I also can drive a little but if I sit for 30+ minutes, I'm very stiff.  I hope this starts to get better as I'm scheduled to take a trip in September and it will be difficult if I don't see some improvement

• Posted

You should be better for your trip , just don’t overdo it . I didn’t bother with physio only went a couple of times , did it myself 
  • Posted

You are exactly 6 years after me. My TKR was 8th May 2012

All I can say is it does get better.

Are you still having physiotherapy?

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi 

Yes 8th May this year, not doing physio, They only went once after leaving hospital did they said I had good movement to keep it up at home which I am doing religiously, I do my walks round the block and at weekends my partner and I take my fur baby out for s but longer (weather permitting... but too hot at mo) do the Asda shop. I know when I’ve over done it so take it easy next day 

How do you feel now six years later ? 

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.