Too scared to kill myself, how pathetic

Posted , 129 users are following.

That's it. I've had about all I can take from this miserable thing we call life. I'm sick of being depressed and having panic attacks.

I want to hang myself, don't ask me why that's my chosen method but it is but I have a death phobia so I'm too scared to do it and gave myself a panic attack instead.

That's irony in its finest form.

It's just not worth it anymore, nothing is.

My life's falling apart and I have absolutely zero will left to carry on this fight.

I'm done.

15 likes, 182 replies

182 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Okay, don't give me lectures or anything but just tell me the solution. I'm so afraid of the pain, I pick up the knife or anything but I start sweating and panicky, just tell me how to get it done!

• Posted

I responded to this post a few months ago and should have a few weeks ago when I was trying to get a gun to kill my self.  It may be bull, but I think I know what you may need.  I just don’t know how to say it.  You can kill yourself and your pain will be gone.  It’s not a matter of how to do it I found out, it’s if that is really what you want to do.  For me I am waiting right now.  It is up to you what you do, as it is with me.  I am for real and I may not answer to this string in a few weeks because I could be dead, but for now I choose to live.  You do what you want, but I suggest trying to live just one more day at least.  
    • Posted

I do not have the magic wand you are looking for. Fear of pain, my pain before dying and of botching it up and ending up a million times worse, is why I am still alive. I shall never find the courage to kill myself.   In the past weeks I made a huge realisation - I do not want to die, I want my life to end. I know it sound stupid but it is not. I want to my life to be good, I want a life where I can do and be what i want. I am constantly failing. My life cannot be fixed. I am not trying to any longer. If I find a solution I shall post it here hoping it helps.
    • Posted

i really hope that all of you are still here. none of you deserve any of this at all. i don't know what i'm able to do but all i know is that i hope you all are still here. fighting and going on. i hope you all find happiness and healing in this life. please still be here. i wish you all the best and goodness.

• Edited

I did a Google search based on how I am feeling and this came up, basically 'I want to commit suicide but afraid of pain'... I get u, deep down i dont want to do it but because of my anxiety n the emotional an mental turmoil I go through on a daily basis I feel I just can't go on. I'm jus seekin out methods that are not so painful, I've been thinkin of ways I could do it. I'm afraid of drowning, i dnt want to cut myself. Sigh.. I kno am not helping here.. Im jus sayin I get u. I'm not on meds, can't afford a therapist although I dnt think a therapist would help because I kno wat they will tell me but I jus can't stop my anxiety n depression

• Posted

I know how you feel. I feel the same way. However, I'm not scared of death... I'm scared of pain or the pain of a failed attempt. If I could guarantee that shooting myself would kill me, or taking a bottle of pills would, or jumping off a building would, I would be gone by now.

You know one thing I really hate... when I research ways and results of different methods, the help lines come up. I'm so tired of it. It isn't helping it just makes me want to do it more. Throwing that phone number in my face just proves to me that I'm screwed up and EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE would be better off without me.

How pathetic is it that the thought that I might survive is keeping me from doing it and making the world a better place?

• Posted

I had panic attacks and clinical depression for 4 months ,I thought it would never end , but I found drugs from the doc that helped , learned self-hypnosis , learned meditation. learned something I call brain vacations , creating a brain vacation is easy, imagine lying on a beach, its better if you can add the smells of sun tan lotion , the sounds of waves. make it as real as possible in your mind. them just relax. If the beach ain't your thing , create a mind vacation using your favorite memories, of your favorite places. close your eyes ,and go there in your mind. It works for me maybe it will work for you.

• Edited

hey Dannie.

Im having the hardest day of my life. nothing happened that would cause me to have a "bad day". just waking up was enough. i try to sleep as much as possible so i dont have to be awake for dealing with this pain of being alive and alone in it. today, i looked up on google, "im too afraid to kill myself but i want to die, what do i do" and after a couple links, your post showed up.

im very tired of being alive and i think im only a couple years younger than you.

can we try to be there for each other? virtually? so we're not so alone?

• Posted

you don't deserve any of this at all and it's not your fault. you deserve to wake up without the pain. i don't understand but i hope and wish for your safety and healing and happiness. i hope you find someone to reach out to and talk to about all of this. they're out there somewhere. and your happiness is somewhere out there too. i really hope you get to experience it and that you're still here. stay strong.

• Edited

suicide is always on my mind, but i can't do it because i can't let my family to deal with it so i choose to suffer everyday, just to keep others at peace. I wish i could just let go but i know i wount.

• Posted

you deserve to live without that pain and suffering. you don't deserve it at all and it's not your fault. try and talk to your family about it or someone you trust or a professional. you deserve to heal and to recover and i believe that you can. there's happiness and hope still left to be felt by you and you deserve to experience it. i hope you're still here. keep on fighting.

• Posted

I totally get where youre coming from. Anxiety is so crippling, and having death anxiety makes your anxiety worse. you then think if i ended it all now i wouldnt have the anxiety. But taking your life isnt the right way forward.

Anxiety is an emotion we all feel, its normal. but when it becomes a disorder is very overpowering. Keep going and get all the help you can! Im here if you wanna talk x

• Posted

stay strong guys and keep on going. i hope that you'll be able to find people to talk to about all of this. try and talk to someone you trust or a professional. you guys deserve healing and happiness and i really hope you both find it because you deserve it. stay strong and keep fighting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.