Understanding the Invisable

Posted , 7 users are following.

If you fibro folk can bear another thought on today's society!   Written after a comment from a friend - made me think how many folk out there are misunderstood.   Called No Spots.

No spots, no scars, no walking frame

No cast, no splints or bandages

And so she is not entitled to consideration or a kindly word

A shirker, hypochondriac.

Fatigued she said

We all get tired

It’s more than that she cried

I’m numb, exhausted, foggy brained

Blind in one eye.

But still no visible reason for her laziness

Believing her to be

A benefit cheat as the papers say

For all of us to see.

She limps sometimes and then forgets

Or so it seems to them

They have no comprehension 

One day fine another not to suit her they believe

If only they would take the time to see what is

Underneath

And understand the nature of her ills

but quick to judge they are

Their accusations and their gossip

Eventually reach her ears

She can take no more  and an

Overdose finds her on the floor.

Guilty neighbours rally round

If only we had known

We could have helped her cope they cried

And now, well what of now

community rallied round and we find

A caring happy neighbourhood where

Side by side man and woman stand

United to the cause

To treat as would be treated one and all.

12 likes, 253 replies

253 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well Maggers, let it be known that those wee small hours really count for something. Much appreciated and thank you. Keep up the good work ☺️
    • Posted

Agree with Lisa, Maggers..your very productive in the wee small hours...keep it up, well done you,,:-) xxxbiggrin
  • Posted

perfectly put maggers you are brillent with words gentle hugs take care 
  • Posted

Thank you all for your kind comments. Much appreciated.   Having a bad day today but hey ho tomorrow is another day and I don't have to go to work so can't be too bad can it
    • Posted

your not alone we are all here to help support each other. go and spoil yourself tomorrow. treat yourself to something nice. flowers  always cheer me up a new hair do perfume gold jewellery we deserve a treat spoil yourself rotten. take care thinking of you gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

You are so kind Kaz thank you. would love a new wedding ring. Fibro has robbed me of wearing my rings due to the constant swellings and I also  have bad  OA in my hands to add to it.  Perhaps I could persuade the other half I need one particularly as our son is getting married in August!  Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.
    • Posted

do what I do maggers I drop not so subtle hints to my husband,hes sitting here shaking his head at me. I think a new wedding ring would be lovely especially with a happy joyous occassion as your son getting married. thinking of you make a start on the hinting take care
    • Posted

subtle wouldn't work - it would go straight over his head - now a rubber mallet...........!
    • Posted

go on a jewellery web site that will get his attention my husband panics when I go on one lol. Im already dropping very large hints for what I want for our 13th wedding anniversary, anniversary isnt till 7th  sept its also the date of my husbands birthday. how craft was a I us getting married on his birthday, he cant for get our wedding anniversary now hehe good luck if no joy use the hammer 
    • Posted

I did the same thing - got married on his brother's birthday.  Been  married well over 30 yrs (lesser sentence for murder he always says). Think I will leave the computer open at the antique jewellery site - that way I  may even get the diamond engagement ring too!  Now where's that mallet.....
    • Posted

Hi Maggers; just caught up with this discussion  (Saturday morning here)...what's happening that you are not having a good day...making it a Bad day?   If you all remember, I vented a couple of weeks ago, and got some Really lovely support messages...so tell us what you are feeling, and what caused it?     You are the one who keeps us going with your lovely poetry, so for you to say, "having a bad day", must be bad..........Bron
    • Posted

Its not that bad really just over the top pain and added to that no sleep for several nights in a row the usual fibro problems. Wanted to do so much on my time off work but have ended up with the list untouched. On a positive note at least I have been off work - could be worse at least I didn't have to take sick leave.  Thanks for your concern it is really appreciated.
    • Posted

Always thinking of you Maggers, as you have given us ALL so much this past week, even if you were not getting what you needed for yourself...it is hard to keep the chin up when feeling down, but you didn't show it, or talk about it....you are a very strong lady and wonderful to have met you through this forum......please receive this with "a gentle hug" as others put it.....and remember that I am always here waiting to hear more from you............Bron
    • Posted

Thank you Bronwyn - onwards and upwards for tomorrow the sun will shine.
    • Posted

O', sadno Maggers, poor you, really feeling for you...there is some light at the end if your rainbow, I know you know that.....hard to stay positive I know..love you blogs..never ever get tired of reading them..so well done you..gentle hugs from over the seas...hope tomorrow brings you a better day...stay strong..:-) xxneutral
    • Posted

Hi maggers how are doing today hun If were having a bad day any of us its good to let it out on here. the support ive had off you ladies has been great. Im so grateful for the support Ive had, a couple of week a go I really hit rock bottom and to be honest didnt want to carry on any more. I was struggling with the fibro Ive worried over my husband as hes not been himself. I feel such a buden to him hes such a good man and hard worker.My son James is 19 he can be abusive aggressive towards me at times then theirs money worries and an interfering mother in law. who Ive really had enough of. it was great having a week away just me and my husband and being away from all of it for a while. at least on here we can let off steam. this forum and you lovely ladies have helped me no end. as no 1 seems to understand how we feel and what we are going through. Finding this forum I know longer feel isolated and alone. gentle hugs take care hope you have a good weekend
    • Posted

Hi maggers how are you doing, like you Im struggling with sleep I would do anything for a decents nice sleep. my husband surjested hitting me over the head with an hammer haha that would knock me out for good. as for doing jobs and trying to get things done. all we can do is do what we can when we can. I ve given up worrying about house work just do what I can and a bit at a time. as when Ive done to much Ive paid a heavy price for it by ending up in bed for 4 days or more feeling really ill. take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

Only those in need of a good night's sleep can appreciate that lack of sleep is absolute torture. I have memory foam pillows for my head and one I use between my  legs. Find using it helpful as it keeps my hips comfortable. Even having epsom salts bath before trying to sleep hasn' t worked. I just sit and read, listen to relaxation tapes and hope sleep will come. Today it's stabbing pains in the feet and thighs.  Meant to be going out for dinner this evening hope it settles by then.
    • Posted

Hi Maggers

Know just how you feel when sleep eludes you.  I too bought a memory foam pillow with that very thought in mind.  Unfortunately, the pillow was too full for the head (have to have a flattish one - which I found in Ikea), so thought to use it between the knees, but can now only sleep on my back, so eventually invested in a memory foam mattress...brilliant!  What with the old adjustable bed and the mattress, manage to get the posture about right - was especially good when having acute frozen shoulders when sleep became a thing of the past!  Then had to rely on Kalms to calm and relieve the head twitching a little.  You are right, it's very much DIY treatment these days.  Have ordered the Epsom salts and look forward to a better night after bathing.  Thanks you for that.  Hope your day improves...even a smidge

Blessings

Chickabee

• Posted

Hi Maggers hope you are able to go out this evening for dinner, getting out of four wills will do you good. Im going to my local ableworld next weekend to get me some more aids. they do a knee pillow and also a cool gel pillow that helps to keep you cool if you are very hot, its surpose to help if you have a migrain or headache. also Im going to get me some cutlery from their as Im strugling to hold a normal knife fork. I hate going to bed now a time, as I just watch every hour on the clock going round ive tried all sorts to get me to sleep. I have pains in my hips all the time, and today Ive had alot of pain in the back of my foot, which has been agony when Ive been trying to walk. hope you have a lovely time if you manage to get out take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

I have a chillow (cold pillow) great for those awful head sweats I suffer from  occasionally.   I know the problem with cutlery I have some foam covers for the handles - someone gave them to me and they are great. Hope you have a successful shopping trip.
    • Posted

Have you found the cool pillow helps I will be glad when Ive got the cutlery, I did review for able world they sent me £20  voucher so that will come in useful? take care
    • Posted

Yes the pillow helps.  I also have the windows wide open so any breeze comes through.  The voucher will be very useful - every saving  helps.

Have a good shopping trip and don't overdo it!

• Posted

Thanks Kaz - just got back from a lovely Italian restaurant.  So nice to have some time without distractions. Husband myself and our daughter and her boyfriend. Food was lovely and so was the service. Makes all the difference.We were not rushed and they even gave liquers on the house. So the men had them - girls were sensible as we were driving.  I am shattered now so time for some rest - wish I could say sleep but that  may be tempting fate.
    • Posted

so glad you were able to go maggers and had a lovely  meal and some special quality time with your husband daughter and her boyfriend hope we both manage to get some shut eye we can at least hope 
    • Posted

Really pleased you had a good night out Maggers. Here's hoping you sleep well too.
    • Posted

Hi Kaz.....I have just read "re hubby not being himself" and you worried re same.....do you want to talk re this (even  private Message), for as you know, if we have an extra worry, it then rebounds onto our health....it doesn't hurt to share.....as for your son,  even though we are mothers, and always will be mothers, I don't think him being Agressive towards you is the answer ....if he is worried, he needs to "just talk re his isues in an adult manner" and he too may find his worries shared are easier, and like all parents, we do try and help them out in whatever way we are able......what do you think?             Bron
    • Posted

Ahh thank you bronwyn I would love to private message you but havnt a clue on how to do it. Had lots of problems with son but concerned over hubby at the min would be great and a help if I could privae message you if you dont mind as you have alot to deal with, with the fibr take care gentle hugs thank you so much for the private message offer that means an awful to me  
    • Posted

Hi Maggers,

My Epsom salts just arrived...but no instructions.  Could you tell me how much you put in your bath...with how much water in the bath?

Hope you've had a better day today.  Mine has been a little better fibro-wise,  but frustrating because I had to wait in all day for the package, so the poor dog had to be satisfied with a 'buggy trot' around the block instead of over the Downs...she is giving me that sorrowful eye look now!

Blessings

Chickabee

• Posted

It depends on size of bath and the depth of the water but I like it deep. I put a cup full in and mix it well. I put a good handful in a big bowl if soaking my hands.  Not sure what others do so anyone else on the forum how much do you use?
    • Posted

Thanks Maffers.  I shall go and try it out right now.

Chickabee

• Posted

hi maggers where do I get epsome salts from I want to give them a try 
    • Posted

Any chemist, amazon etc.  I actually get mine from work as we sell huge packs as some people use it for horses - not sure why!
    • Posted

horses?lol Thanks maggers i will get some on and see how it goes 
    • Posted

just googled it - I hate mysteries. Apparently it replaces lost minerals after exertion in horses - well you live and learnconfused
    • Posted

well we learn something knew every day maggerslol
    • Posted

Hi Kaz;  after you have typed your message, instead of pressing mouse on Reply at bottom....go upto the purple box above your number 4, and Hold mouse down, until you see the message disappear, and then the screen goes back upto the top (above all other conversationa)....does that make sense.??  It then show up in my emails as "a private message:....talk soon.............Bron
    • Posted

Sorry or  this interruption Kaz.....to private message anyone..there is a little grey envelope just under your star and number on the left hand side of their post...you just click that open and type away...be blessed:-) xxx
    • Posted

Thank you christine Im still finding my way around this forum bless you take  care gentle hugs Im always happy to get pointers in the right direction.smile
    • Posted

Thanks for that bronwyn Im still finding my way around this forum so any help Imgrateful for take care gentle hugs 
    • Posted

Hi lisa how are you today hun hope you and hubby had an enjoyable night last nightsmile take care hun gentle hugs
    • Posted

morning lisa did you mange to sleep last night? how are you today? I was a wake all night I watched the clock going a round. Hope  you have a good week and not in too much pain take care lisa gentle hugssmile
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, Nope, like you it was a rough restless night 😕 I refuse to use my iPad through the night though as I think keeping my mind so active doesn't help me either. I've also got up with quite a migraine so I apologise in advance if I disappear of site for a while. Thanks for your good wishes for tomorrow. It would ordinarily be an in and out outpatient just to have a steroid injection into my hip but I have a malformed joint with inflammation within the bone itself. I know it's not infection because everything has come back clear so they're going to try and get the steroid directly into the bone as I can't take any oral anti inflammstory's. Talk soon take care.
    • Posted

you have my every sympathy where migrains are concerned I get them alot. I have to wear sun glasses lie in a dark room and rest as they can make sick. hope it soon goes off take care
    • Posted

sorry you had a restless night also no fun is it not being able to sleepsad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.