Upping Zoloft from 50 to 75 . Positive feedback please!

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hello fellow members

I was on 50 mg for 8 weeks with some slight improvement but was not where I wanted to be. I still experienced anxiety which cause me to hardly eat. I upped my dose to 75mg today and I just really want to hear some positive insight and stories from those who upped their dose and finally started to feel like themselves! Does it take 4-6 weeks or shorter? I have some people who tend to tell me that “ I should be seeing more results this far in the game and maybe switching meds would be best” I on the other hand dont feel the need to switch yet as I still am at a low dose. Anything positive would be great from you all! Thank you. 

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I’m right with you there! Upped mine from 150mg to 200mg. 11 days in: Good 4 days and then BAM! No sleep and feeling sick. A bit of consistency would be nice. Hang on in there, give it time (so totally saying that to me as to you). 
  • Posted

Hi! I am hoping you all will provide an update as to how you've been doing on your new dosages.  I have been on 50 mg of Zoloft for 4 years after suffering from acute anxiety to where I could not leave the house.  It took a few weeks, but felt much better for several years.  The last several months tho, I could feel the anxiety creeping back in and it has resurfaced.  Mine is mostly health anxiety, so of course I am seeing several doctors, thinking it may be my thyroid even tho levels are in "normal range"  Also, I have PVC's so I have seen my cardiologist and am now wearing a holter monitor for 30 days to make sure the PVC's are still PVC's and not a new arrhythmia.  My GP says to bump up the Zoloft to 100, but I am thinking maybe 75 first? Feeling nervous about doing that, but also DO NOT want to live in fear all the time.  Ugh.  Any advice for me? Or just encouragement? Thank you!!! 

• Posted

I'm in the same boat.I have been on zoloft 50 mg for 13 years for anxiety. I. Just got mine upped to 75mg. I'm praying it helps.

• Posted

Good luck! I was on 50 mg for 4 years, then just bumped up to 75 mg about 3 1/2 weeks ago and it has definitely made a big difference.  I am feeling much better.  Had some side effects beginning of the new 75 mg dose - they lasted abt 2 weeks.  I hope it works out for you! 
  • Posted

Hi everyone.   I am 5 weeks on 50 and my anxiety the past few days is back to crippling so I’m seriously considering upping to 75 but I’m scared too, tonight I have cried loads and just feel so beat down with fear all the time.   Reading the positives from you guys upping to 75 gives me hope.   I think I will go for it tomorrow morning.   X 
    • Posted

Hi Laura - hoping you are doing ok with the increase - if that's what you've decided to do.  I know it's hard - hang in there!! 

• Posted

Hi Jen.  I stuck at 50 and started the brand accord today so fingers crossed I feel better soon.  How are you x 
    • Posted

What’s the difference between brands? Is Zoloft sertraline? X
  • Posted

After 8 weeks today I upped my dose from 50mg to 75mg. I haven’t slept since starting the medication and started to have rebound anxiety. Can someone please assure me that I will one day sleep again. Will this rollercoaster ride ever come to an end?
    • Posted

Hi Jenna,

May I ask you if your sleep got any better?

Thank you

• Posted

Yes!!! It improved so much along with everything else. I needed up upping again and now my current dose is 100. I’ve been on 100 for a while now and I finally have my life back. Please don’t give up. It took me months to find the right dose and now that I have found it, I am in a much better place. 
    • Posted

Hope you are feeling a bit better, how are you getting on with the 75mg dose? Did you notice much of a difference going from 50 to 75, how long did you stay at the 50?
    • Posted

Hi TH

May I ask you if you have managed to get some sleep?

How do you feel?

• Posted

Hi there! 

Yes! My sleep has greatly improved. My anxiety was nearly gone but now  I’m moving, selling current house, son is starting college etc. All really great things but am feeling very anxious this past week. I’m still on 75 mg. 

If, after I move and things don’t improve I’ll talk to my doctor about upping to 100mg. 

But yes, the sleep does get better. I didn’t think it would EVER happen for me but it finally did. 😊

How are you doing?

• Posted

Hi!

Thank you so much for your reply and the positive news.

I cannot sleep for the past two weeks and I started on 50mg Lustral last Saturday.

I am hoping they will kick in at some point because I have to go to work next week. Only positive is that I do not have any side effects yet.

Good luck with the house and congrats for your son!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.