Upping Zoloft from 50 to 75 . Positive feedback please!

Posted , 25 users are following.

Hello fellow members

I was on 50 mg for 8 weeks with some slight improvement but was not where I wanted to be. I still experienced anxiety which cause me to hardly eat. I upped my dose to 75mg today and I just really want to hear some positive insight and stories from those who upped their dose and finally started to feel like themselves! Does it take 4-6 weeks or shorter? I have some people who tend to tell me that “ I should be seeing more results this far in the game and maybe switching meds would be best” I on the other hand dont feel the need to switch yet as I still am at a low dose. Anything positive would be great from you all! Thank you. 

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi just wondering please if you had any improvement since going up to 75mg from the 50mg? I'm back on 50 2 weeks now. Feeling awful, horrible anxiety. Scared to increase in case it gets worse but wondering if the 50 is enough and will it work.

• Posted

Hi ju how long have you been on Zoloft for? I was on 50 for a while ( about 8 weeks ) then upped to 75 and then 100. I’ve been on Zoloft for about 10 months now and it’s a life changer. Once I started 100 mg that is when I knew it was my dose. I promise things will get better. Don’t give up and stick to it. I thought I would never ever see the light and I finally did. You will have your life back. Stay positive 
    • Posted

Thanks so much Jenna, I'm back properly taking it about 2 weeks ish. I was taking it before although not sure if the 50mg was ever enough, still felt anxious at times and avoided certain things in case it got bad. Didn't want to go up on the dose as I was terrified of feeling that bad again. The night time doesn't seem to be as bad but the mornings are awful and waking up covered in sweat. No appetite at all, have lost a good bit of weight in 2 weeks. Back to doctor in 2 more weeks.

• Posted

How do you know which is the right dose Jenna, hard to know especially when it takes so long to kick in. Maybe it will take longer this time around? So horrible feeling like this, the only peace you get is when your asleep!
    • Posted

My evenings were a lot better also. I would feel awful during the day especially when I first woke up. Horrible horrible anxiety. No appetite, no desire to do anything . I started to notice with each increase my anxiety got a little better. When I went from 50-75 I felt better but not 100%. I was on 75 for 3 weeks and then decided to go up to 100. About a week on 100 I noticed a huge difference and continued on 100 and after a month I was back to my self.  It took about 4 months to get to ththe right dose but when I did, it was life changer. I couldn’t even get out of bed or take care of my son on 50 mg. I knew I needed to increase.  I will say to give each increase at least 3 weeks. When I increased I didn’t get much side effects.
    • Posted

Thanks Jenna, I have a young son too and not able to cope either. He has a lot of difficulties too so it's very hard. Did you find any increase in the anxiety when you went up to the 75 and also when you went up to the 100? Did the day time get easier as time went on? So you didn't really feel fully better until you were on the 100? I have awful mornings and most of the day time, very bad night sweats and feel weak probably because I'm so drained from the anxiety and not eating much at all. It is the worst thing ever and seems like you are never going to get out of it. Were you able to do much when you were really sick, I can only go for short walks and not really able to do much at all. Don't want to be on my own either. Its a struggle to get through the day and I dread the mornings. People find it hard to understand because it's not physical. So glad to hear you are doing so well now x Thanks Jenna

• Posted

Yes my days got a lot better especially when I went from 50 to 75 and even better when I went from 75 to 100! It took 4 months for me to fully feel 100%! Don’t give up. I was not able to do anything when I was really sick with anxiety. I couldn’t sleep, eat, work out or even go out. All I wanted to do was lay in bed and google forums to find help. It was awful. My house was a mess!! I promise you that once you find the right dose you will feel better!
    • Posted

Thanks a lot Jenna, I don't feel as bad as I did at the start but still not great. Back to the doctor next week so will probably ask about increasing to 75, definitely don't want to go to the 100 yet. Afraid though of going back to the start again if I increase. Its so horrible. Thanks a lot, feels like such a long road. Hopefully I'll get there soon x

• Posted

You will get there! It’s definitely a long road but worth it. Yes, if you do increase go to 75 and then if you need to increase again you can go to 100. Let me know how you’re feeling in a few weeks!!
  • Posted

I would appreciate getting a response from anyone else who increased Sertraline from 50 to 75 to let me know if it helped, and how long it took to help. Thanks.
    • Posted

Hi Helen, I went from 50 to 75 earlier this year after being on 50 for nearly 4 years.  Definitely had some side effects and they were just like the ones I experienced when I started out at 50.  I had some stomach issues and some increased anxiety.  This lasted maybe 2 weeks and then it stopped.  I felt and continue to feel so much better.  It has definitely helped.  
    • Posted

Hi! I increased from 50mg to 75mg after 8 weeks with not much improvement so

I decided to go to 75 mg. I did not experience any side effects when upping. I believe it’s because I was on 50 for so long. It really depends on the person. Each one reacts differently. I felt so much better on 75 but continued to increase to 100 which is what I’ve been on for 8 months now smile

• Posted

I am wondering how you are coping with the increase, hope the side effects are minimal for you. 

I am in much the same boat as you, and am going to ask my GP about increasing up from 50-75mg tomorrow when I speak to her. 

Hoping for you x 

• Posted

Hi everyI've started zoloft again after 3 yrs. I've been off it for just over a year. I have been taking it for 3 weeks now, started with 25 mg first week then up to 50 mg. Not feeling a lot better yet, wondering if I should up to 75 mg. Last time I was up to 100 mg by week 6 and feeling a lot better. But the side effects are worse this time and I'm afraid. Same as all of you...disgestive disturbances, insomnia, tingling, back pain,and panic attacks(which I didn't have before I came found with Covid in September). my spells of anxiety/depression are always preluded by a virus, sinuses. Anyone else ? Tried Escitalopran back 2017, bad side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.