Using crutches for Planters Fasciitis

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was diagnosed with planters fasciitis in my right foot about a month ago.  The pain in my foot seemed to be getting worse than better so I decided to start using crutches to stay off of it as much as I could. I’m just wondering how long I’ll have to be on crutches until this unbearable pain finally decides to go.  My gp never mentioned to me about using crutches for my affected foot.  He only gave me a prescription for an ointment for the pain. Witch by the way hasn’t been affective what so ever.  Should I be using something else other than the crutches?  So far using my crutches has been the only thing that’s help. But I don’t want to have to be on crutches anymore than I have to be. What else is there to try? Oh and I’ve also use a frozen water bottle on my foot twice already. Does a splint help at all? 

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Okay.. then I am going to send you my email address.. .. let me know if you get it or not,  And too bad about the arthritis.. if it is not one thing it is another...PF and arthritis too.  You are young almost 43, I am 46.  We are both young and both need to just do our very best to hang in there and think positive.  I know that when I don't think positive, I become a little depressed, which is not a fun state to be in, that is for sure.  So, I hope you will be able to send me an email, it is nice to keep in touch.. after all we have this wonderful PF in common.  Did I say, wonderful?  I did, well you know that I was just kidding, right?  Of course you do.

Take care Jason-

Aimee-

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

• Posted

I think it is because I tried to send you my email address and I guess you can't do that, too bad.  Anyways, you are 43.. I am 46. We are both young.  And sorry to hear about the arthritis.. just got to hang in there and do your best to stay positive.

I am going to try to give you my phone number.. 650-269-1294.  You can text me here too.  I want to see if this goes through to you now.

• Posted

Aimee I got your ph# it did allow it. I’ll text you my email address later on this afternoon..
  • Posted

Okay, so much for getting our email addresses.  We will just have to keep in touch using this site, better than nothing I guess.

Talk to you later,  Aimee

• Edited

Hi Jason,

That is great that you got my phone number. Now, We will be able to send emails.  Hope you are having a nice day so far. My day has been the usual.. good thing is that my foot pain is not getting any worse.

I will just wait to hear from you, get your text message.

Thanks Jason!!!

• Posted

Aimee I just sent you a text with my email in it. . The number you ahold see is 804-815-1217.  Had a short day at work today and got home early.  Those are good to have on occasions at limes. Have a good afternoon. 
  • Posted

I have this terrible condition and use a frozen water bottle every single day. I also am using a tennis ball to help ease the pain. I recently have been wearing a splint at night and have been feeling results in the morning which is the most painful time for me putting my feet on the floor first thing. But the splint seems to have been easing the pain a little so far. I recently found this site plantar fasciitis aid which gives me alot of reviews on products for plantar fasciitis and some great videos. You should check it out if you get a chance. Hope this helps.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

Ask your doctor for a cortisone shot in your foot. It will help for like 5 months. I was getting them for 3yrs and juat had surgery cause it got no better.
    • Posted

I’ve been using a night splint at night and an aircast brace for during the day but even doing that it doesn’t do a lot for me. I’m still having to use crutches at times just to keep off my foot that’s painful. If I do have a cortisone shot in my foot doesn’t someone need to take me in order to have hat done? The pain is awful and bad enough for me to be needing the crutches when I do.   
  • Posted

Jason,

You should really stop using those crutches.  Do you think that you might be relying on them too much.

Just my thoughts, of course

• Posted

Almost two years ago when I put this post up I had said I had said I was using crutches to keep weight off my right foot do yo the pain i was having from PF. I found that it takes a lot of patients and time if you end up choosing to do that. It does help a great deal though . I also found an air cast splint that i can ware during the day with shoes on that I still use to this day to keep the pain down. I actually found that air cast splint on amazon at a reasonable price. If mine gets to the point again that I need to stay off of it but be mobile I'll sure use the crutches again. It's worth it using the crutches.

• Posted

It still comes and goes but if it gets worse I just pull out my crutches to get around on for a few days till the pain subsides in my foot. Yes it takes time when you put yourself on crutches for awhile but at the end you'll l be glad you did . The crutches allow to keep the weight off so the pain doesn't get worse than it already is . Try it you might find that it helps you as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.