Vagina infection that wont go away

Posted , 6 users are following.

ugh im so depressed honestly n i need answers. my vagina has been acting up from jan to now. it started with this thick white discharge , no itch nothing so i ignored it. THEN it got sore started to itch was very red of course i assumed it was a yeast infection. i went to the doctor n got treated for yeast but after the pills were done the symtoms came back in literally 2 days. WENT back to the doctor and took a std swab test and a general swab everything negative. of course i thought i was fine. ( i did a full physical in august 2018 plus hiv) my chronic infection started in NOVEMBEr 2018 i went to check it in jan 2019 and everything was fine she sad. my vagina started to itch , tissue like discharge ,jelly like discharge n at this point im really confused. i went to a new doctor got a full physical , hiv and pap smear n everything was clear but she sad there was microspic blood in my pee n give me something to treat a uti.well ofvourse it did nothing. moral of the story i have something n i dont know what it is and doctors dont know either im really depressed and im not even with the person who couldve given me whatever this is so im dealing with it alone n i cannot move on unless a cure this . im depressed

0 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

itching with redness is also a sign of yeast along with tissue paper discharge ...im not disputing that she should have a test !

• Posted

she states shes had it since november herpes wouldnt be constant for 11 months it comes and goes she also said that she treated for yeast it went and the symptoms came back within 2 days herpes wouldnt respond to yeast medication it wouldnt clear up and then come back again 2 days later

• Posted

She took medication and clearly it did not wok as symptom were still there after 2 days so it might not be yeast infection. she thinks it is not yeast infection and asking what else it could . I have come across many cases were Herpes was always mistaken for yeast infection and many cases of people having both herpes and yeast infection because herpes will cause secondary infections . And as i said before many people have herpes once to twice twice a month each month for up to two years after initial infection and it will all depend on triggers and their immune system so yes it can last up until now. There is also no proof that it sopped due to the treatment and then cam back later after two days. It might have stopped anyway and then came back . Anything is possible i encourage her o test for herpes so she knows and to prevent from spreading the virus to other future partners. Herpes can cause other side effects down below. I know several patients who will get outbreaks everytime they have sex or even shave.

• Posted

herpes dosnt go away and come back again after antifungals

• Posted

They came back so apparently never went away! Anyway. I will leave it here.

• Posted

iv never heard of anyone having a constant chronic herpes oubreak for 11 months must be some kind of medical miracle the longest outbreak ever there only supposed to last for 2 weeks 4 at the most for a first outbreak so shes had an outbreak every month since november last year then ?? thats alot of outbreaks

• Posted

she never had anything to come back just an itch and discharge

• Posted

her symptoms have been constant for 11 months shes had no breaks from it ??

• Posted

Kim I shouldnt bother, he thinks he knows best and is so condescending. All he can talk about is contacting ex and future partners

• Posted

ye im not going to bother replying to him its pointless

• Posted

any normal person would come back and answer questions, he knows youve sussed him out. i bet hes gone on the rickity bridge

• Posted

Trichomoniasis is what i was told i had after a load of tests. My condition sounds exactly like yours. Test after test after test were all negative. This went on for 18 months!

However as trichomoniasis is an std and i refused to accept it. I decided i couldnt carry on anymore. i was treated like a leper by the staff at gum, std clinic.

Paid to see a private gynaecologist who was appalled at the state of my vagina, vulva and clitoris. He couldnt believe id been treated so badly .

H e didnt need to do anymore tests, 10 minutes later i got my diagnosis LICHEN SCLEROSUS.

I am not a dr and am not saying thats what youve got

• Posted

All sorts! yeast, herpes, stds, they even mentioned gonorrhea, various others, trichomoniasis. Also diabetes

• Posted

So GUM clinic diagnosed you after several tests with Trichomoniasis but you refused it because it is an STD? Trichomoniasis is caused by a tiny parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis and can be confirmed by a sawp or even urine test. So if they found the parasite then you have it and by law you should tell your sexual partners or risk getting sued by them if they will get infected.

Also are you sure they did herpes test? Because our GUM clinic will rarely do it.

You private doctor decided it was LS without any tests. So you still have no proof. There is a way to confirm LS though and there is no cure for it and it can come back. Also by the way even if you have LS because it affects the skin it makes it more vulnerable to catch other infections. In other words many people can have LS and other infections too

• Posted

did u get a positive test for trich or did they just go off your symptoms if u got a positive test u should have been treated with metronidiazole

• Posted

it depends were abouts u are regarding tests as some countries differ im how gum clinics do there tests i know here they offer herpes testing syphillis and hiv threw a gum clinic u can also do a postal test were u take a finger prick and send back samples of blood threw the post u dont even need to go to a clinic to be tested its free an done in privacy u just send the samples back and they text or email your results

• Posted

I am well aware of what tests ive had, i am not stupid!

I refused to accept diagnosis of an std as ive not slept around!

excuse me, i dont need you telling me about telling sexual partners, i am married. so is my husband going to sue me then? . The gum got it wrong end of. my husband has been fully checked out privately, negative.

please dont suggest i dont know what tests ive had based on your gum.

i have LS in other areas of my body, confirmed by dermatologist, i dont need you telling me about LS. i know there is no cure.

gum got it wrong

• Posted

i know the tests can vary from country to country its shame other people dont know that before commenting they just assume then every gum clinic is the same

• Posted

You do not need to sleep around to get STDs!

For example Many people get STDs from their partners who slept around in the past or caught it from their partners who got it from their previous partners sometimes without knowing and then they pass it on to their new partners.

Please check NHS site for Trichomoniasis . It says under (Notifying sexual partners)

"If the test shows you have trichomoniasis, it's very important that your current sexual partner and any other recent partners are also tested and treated. The staff at the clinic or GP surgery can discuss with you which of your sexual partners may need to be tested.If possible, tell your sexual partner and any ex-partners so they can get tested and treated as well. If you don't want to do this, the clinic can usually do it for you (it's called partner notification and the clinic won't reveal who you are)."

Basically It is against the law in the UK and USA to spread disease. You can find on google married women and partners suing their partners for infecting them with STDs mostly herpes cases.

You could have clarified earlier that they got it wrong , all you said was that you refused it. If the test showed the parasite then it is there.

Nobody suggested you do not know what tests you had either. Anyway i will have no further replies to you as your attitude is very unprofessional.

• Posted

Kim 99% of GPs and GUM clinics will not offer Herpes tests unless classic herpes symptoms are present for a swap. They rarely do IGG blood test. There was a post here or on another forum from people complaining about not being able to have herpes tests done on the NHS which make people go privately for a test. If your clinic does it without symptoms present i would be grateful if you could pass me your clinic details to send patients to you.

• Posted

im not interested in replying to u anymore iv had a blood test with no symptoms before at my doctors and also at gum so dont tell me they dont do them with no symptoms ur talking wet i even tested positive for hsv1

• Posted

My attitude is very unprofessional! Are you for real?, I thought you worked in a gum which makes you the professional.

If anyone is being sued, it would be the gum who told me i had something i hadnt, then implied my husband could have passed it on.

I said in my original post that i refused to accept I had an std. Neither myself or my husband have previously slept around either. I have been married for nearly 40 years. Are you saying i should contact my ex fiance from nearly 50 years ago!

You asked if i was sure i had been tested for herpes. In my view that implies I didnt know what tests i had had.

Are you saying you can get an std without having sex?

I am glad i was in a position to see someone who knew what I had got in 10 mins as the gum wasted 18 months and got it wrong. My husband was happy to pay to be tested, mainly because the gum staff were useless and tried to cover up their mistake

• Posted

you want to look at your attitude before you start judging others 😏

• Posted

" your private dr decided it was LS without any tests" just in case you didnt know, it can be diagnosed by appearance, especially when a patient already has it

• Posted

yes kim its a shame some people have such a blinkered view, and dont realise all clinics dont sing from the same hymn sheet!

• Posted

This is a quote from NHS website , check it for yourself now

"A small cotton bud (swab) to take some fluid from 1 of your blisters or sores for testing

The test cannot:be done if you do not have visible blisters or sores"

NHS will not offer IGG blood test unless you are extremely lucky or maybe a staff member. You are not the only member here who works for the NHS. I know what I am talking about.

• Posted

Just because I disagree with you it does not mean i have an attitude. Anyway. No more replies from myself to you.

• Posted

what a txxx! Youve got to laugh havnt you! Apparently im unprofessional, i am not and have never said i am a professional!

• Posted

iv had one done twice ,so i know that they do.do them i had blood not swab and tested positive for hsv1 i had to have it done for a specific reason that not willing to discuss on a public group ...

• Posted

i dont need quotes from the nhs website if i want to read it ill look at it myself i aint interested in arguing with you i mean i feel sorry for the lady who put this post on looking for answers for you to say herpes when she dosnt have classic herpes symptoms because they would be blisters or sores so they wouldnt test her for herpes anyway according to what u have just told me as all the lady in the origional post said is shes had itching and diacharge for 11 months continuously thats not classic of herpes is it classic herpes would be an open sore patches of blisters etc she has nothing to swab either so why tell her to test for herpes then not give her an explanation of what else it could be if it wasnt herpes ??

• Posted

u also advise her further up the page to request and specifically ask for a blood test for hsv1 and 2 but now say that u cant do that that they rarely do it

• Posted

hes not a professional because they wouldnt have that attitude for a start plus wouldnt need to quote off the nhs website either

• Posted

the reason he wont reply is cos he knows hes wrong very unprofessional considering u work in the nhs

• Posted

Kim he wont accept that LS can be diagnosed on appearance. NHS website says it canI did think at one point of him going trip trape over the rickety bridge, a troll haha

Hes contradicted himself several times, another reason to doubt him

• Posted

hes full of hot air. just shown this to my daughter who is a nurse, or vampire woman at a drs surgery. she found it hilarious!

• Posted

I just hope you are not this doubtful and patronising at work.

If he was so innocent, hed come back and answer peoples questions

• Posted

how long do these things lie dormant. Do i need to hire a private detective to find my ex fiance?

Havent seen him for 45 years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.