Vaginal Vitamin D?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Came across this medical/clinical trial link. Studies are for atropic vaginitis BUT I have that too!! (Wondering if many of us do...). 

I could not find Vit d suppositories online - just liquid for babies and softgels. 

So what say you? Should we do a group trial and put our vitamin D softgels where the sun don’t shine? 🤣

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4387645/

3 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Pat.  We really are alone on this in trying to figure it out.
    • Posted

But we are the true experts and by golly we’ll figure it out long before the drs!!!

Hope you have some relief soon sweetie. 

• Posted

I love all this info, but has anyone thought and done a elimination/auto-immunity diet? I went off of that when I had knee replacement and went back to my comfort eating and ended up with LS from doing so. After dx of LS and my gyn telling me it was caused by auto-immunity I went back to being 100% compliant to eating the way I have to, to keep auto-immunity under control and wouldn't you know it, everything calmed down, white patched went away and have stayed away. I also use Emuaid cream to keep things soft and hydrated, because there is the tendency to burn from the dryness and tighten up and not stretch. These 2 things have helped in so many ways and there are no side effects like all the pharma stuff dr's like to use. I would like to encourage all LS suffers to try this, if anything at least one would be healthier. :-)  the best to all of you. 

• Posted

Where can I find an auto immune diet? What does it iliminate?
    • Posted

HI Dixie - yes - most everybody I've heard of since being on here the last 7 months have been working on their own trigger foods in whatever way they see fit. Guppy and Nanny who have been here over 4 years keep reminding us to do so. I found that I don't have any LS trigger to wheat but I do to sugar and dairy. I don't even notice any prob with having a bit of maple syrup in my oatmeal breakfast.  

I am aware the I might have to give up the wheat/glutan as a test even though I not notice anything... I've seen articles on just that... I've stopped eggs as well. I"ve been following the trail of vitamin deficiency and autoimmunity and have got a long article on my discussions' links if you click on my name and scroll down to the right.. 

Nice to have you join us.  

• Posted

deethe bee....  there are lists all over teh internet when you just put that in google.  Hve fun - it's a read... smiles

• Posted

Hi Dixie,  how fortunate that you figured out quickly that diet played a big role in your LS.  So no white patches or itching. Any fusing?  What have you eliminated?  Just wheat and sugar.   Do you drink any alcohol?  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm trying so many things right now.  Continued well being to you.

• Posted

Hi Deethebee; You can find the auto-immune/elimination diet on the net. Read a book from Amy Meyers on auto-immunity and she has alot of great info.

The one my functional medicine doctor (FMD) put me on eliminated all processed food. NO: dairy, gluten, soy, or sugar (in any form). Slogan: If you can't pick it or if you can't chase it, you don't eat it. That slogan has really helped me alot of times. Is it easy? No, not at first. Is it worth it? YES

Do this till you feel better then you can start adding one item in per week and see if you have a reaction. If you have a reaction to it, sorry leave it out and give it a try again in a few months. If you still have a reaction to it then you won't be able to eat that. Bummer I know, but its a choice one has to make. My health or my momentary pleasure. Hope it works out for you soon. 

• Posted

Thank you for the welcome Nancy K B. Glad to hear that diet is discussed as that is such a huge part of getting LS under control. Tho I know one can only put the info out there, its up to each of us individually as to what we will do with it. Tho we do want the best for everyone and to see everyone doing well and feeling great again, we do recognize it's all individual choice.

That article you mention sounds interesting, I'll try to get there and check it out. Thanks again

• Posted

Thank you, Nancy. I’ve bookmarked it this time to get back to it easily. Going through it slowly and taking notes. 💜

• Posted

Hi Nancy,  Because LS eats up our parts down below I think it is similar to a flesh-eating disease.  Perhaps antibiotics would help in controlling the rate at which it is destroying our parts.  There has got to be an answer to this madness.  It's so hard to believe that doctors don't know what to do with LS. 

What do you think?

• Posted

Interestingly I have just had 4 weeks in sunny climes and had no issues with LS. Returned to UK and within a few days back on remedial measures. I'm going to try Vit D supplementation.

• Posted

Hi Pat,  I'm going to give it a shot tonight.  Wondering how many IUs we should use. Stay tuned.

• Posted

Oh Susan please keep us posted!

I’m currently/still having too many issues to do anything new. I would think 1000-2000- or 5000 ui would be fine, I was going to try lower to start but I have 5000’s on hand. 

Hope you get wonderful results!!

• Posted

Thanks Pat!  I"ll keep all apprised.  I'm having issues as well.  So discouraged at the moment.  Succumbed to Clob last night.

• Posted

At least we have lots of company and this site has been a godsend. I feel like I am playing beat the clock all the time in trying to keep from fusing and losing my labia.  Most of it is gone in such a short time. I was in remission of a few years with very little itching, then all of a sudden, boom!  I forgot, but are we supposed to open up the D3 vitamin and insert the liquid or put the whole pill in there and let it do its thing?
    • Posted

Just insert the softgel as is I think is best. The “shell” will melt away also. 

Yes the forum is a lifesaver!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.