Vertigo, getting your confidence back

Posted , 7 users are following.

How do you regain confidence recovering from vertigo, is it just getting on with it and time?

1 like, 215 replies

215 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Does anyone suffer from constant nausea and fear of throwing up in public. The meds the Dr gave me don't work well and I'm scared I'm gonna throw up anywhere.....I have missed work....smh this is ruff 2 weeks and counting
    • Posted

Hi Vannie

I go through phases of constant nausea. What I mean by that, because of my dodgy ear, if I over exert myself, i suffer the effects of motion sickness. For me munching on salted crisps helps take the edge off the sicky feeling. I would've thought that if you haven't brought your guts by now, you probably won't so try not worry about it. Doctors usually say Meds normally take about 6 weeks before you know if they will work or not. What did he/ she give you?

• Posted

I'm Drinking and eating anything ginger and fresh pineapple which has bromelain and again is supposed to help. This time of vertigo came on in a split second and was like being on a gyroscope the room turned in every way possible not something I want to experience ever again, it's def got easier but have hicups throught day like nausea and in the kitchen today the room didn't move just felt like the floor rolled beneath my feet.  Must admit my confidence is better when out with someone.
    • Posted

I've tried it all....salted crackers, ginger anything, cyanne pepper, apple cider vinager, epley menouver. The meds he put me on are Meclizine and Zofran and Phenergan. The phenergan works but them I'm asleep.
    • Posted

I think it's all trial and error, I heard drinking ice cold water can ease dizziness, salt I am tring to avoid, there aremanovours but what suits one may not suit another and you need to stay safe so I'm not in a place to advise but I do hope you improve each day.
    • Posted

Thank you all for your ideas.....I woke up this morning better than I have In weeks....still unsteady but no nausea or vomiting.....I'll take any improvement I can get ♥♥♥
    • Posted

Hi Deni got magnets today,48 in total different sizes I'm amazed at conditions they're use for,ie Dizzyness ,migraines neck aches menopause asthma list goes on.instructions well laid out.they came from Brussels .so here goes ,hope sun shining where you are,people going by with boats on trailers good sign , hope all well so to speak.Ears are down gentle hissing, oh leaflet says it will be 3to 5days of wearing them constant to feel the benefit. E Mailed Gill on site I got them she's waiting for there Magnet Book.

did you put those Magnets on you had for your Migraines ? And hi to all x

• Posted

Good luck with the magnets! My anxiety is through the roof today. Been sick once too. I had a bad spin last night, literally just seconds but it's knocked me and my confidence sideways. I feel extremely depressed and low today. I've not slept properly for 3 nights either so I'm exhausted which isn't helping. Constant wooziness still there, seemed worse today too but again think that's due to tiredness and anxiety. I've convinced myself I'm stuck like this and am never going to get better :-( xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marlene...Good luck with the magnets. I can't wait to find out how you get on with them..Fingers Crossed !!
    • Posted

This is the magnet would you believe there is no name on it so I don't know where I got it or it's name but might still put battery in to try it, I know the light on the front goes on and that's about all.
    • Posted

As the saying goes in for a penny in for a pound tried everything else out there ,and they were free into the bargain,if someone offers free trial there okay by me.same as book again freebie Will let you know ,been outside all day walking ,sometimes that helps my balance keeping moving. Watered garden first time this year,quite an area,but done it.not one sneeze to help the rhinitis pain all the time outside to normally that helps that condition a good few sneezes but zilch. X
    • Posted

Sat in car waiting for my husband who was in the dentist for about an hour today, the temp here says 22c and it was too much I didn't feel good at all but didn't dare try to get out and walk :-(
    • Posted

It's horrible. I don't know if the heat has caused me to feel extra crappy. Just the anxiety off the charts today. I feel like I've been through the washer on a spin cycle. All wrung out :-( xxx
    • Posted

Never seen that one Deni,put it on I would,still works.going to put magnets on,can wear them in a shower,so that's good for headaches it's to be placed on middle forehead,but they come in skin tone so shouldn't get to many odd looks but do I give a toss Na.lets know how you do on that magnet ,and if you find the name of it,? Only thing I've got is a Tens,but there for immediate relief for aches. These things stay on period to work . 
    • Posted

Oh dear,not so good for you today Deni,hot here even though we get sea breeze like you,keep a fold out chair in car boot over summer,so you can sit outside car get bit more air than sitting that long in the motor waiting,you were to hot probably what done it. Bless x
    • Posted

Best thing I've learnt to do in 8 yrs is meditation,I know Drs do this themselves.So easy once you know how ,can do it anywhere.It does drop anxiety down,never thought it would when I first joined a group of 7 .It got me through an MRI machine of 30 minutes some 7 months later,but you've got to keep at it and not give up.thats when people say they've tried it and it didn't work, but it's keeping it going and not to give up,where people make the mistake.Go give it a try cost is nothing 
    • Posted

Your right Marlene it's what works for you isn't it, I now have the new battery in and been for a walk through Danby crows wood which is very small and more for bird watching for visitors but I had no problems. Babz I do believe the heat makes you feel worse I have always been one who feels too hot but the past year I have been feeling cold had a thyroid test which said I was just outside of the normal range Doc said that's ok and since the vertigo I'm feeling too hot again, we are a mystery. I have been a bit breathless too, the anx I think is a different thing but set off by a fear of the vertigo feeling.
    • Posted

So these magnets help with dizziness then as well as migraines? Yeah my body is running hot constantly at the minute. The dr said it's due to the virus in the labyrinth and being anxious too. It's a bloomin horrible thing to have. Once I get better than I am now I'll NEVER moan about being poorly again!! I've got an appointment at the private clinic in Manchester on June 5th. I've still not heard from ENT xx
    • Posted

Just got my appointment for ENT for 30th June, can't say about the magnets you can only try can't you.
    • Posted

You done good today,you went and had a walk,think more sit indoors worse you feel,on the balance front,the hot and cold I think one of two things Hormones playing up or Thyroid . Hormones give all these symptoms we have .Agree Deni we are a mystery,but question is why and why now.? Only got to see how for many it's just started out of nowhere,not everyone has same life style
    • Posted

I've bought some rescue remedy and sea sickness acupressure bands to see if they help! Hope so! Xx
    • Posted

I tried the wrist bands but they weren't strong enough,think more for actual sea ( sickness ) Go as your GP for Serc tablets for balance,they've worked for some,mate of mine has them and she says it's eased hers,again don't work for all ,and why don't you try Kalms . Past 2 days my anxiety not as bad,weird how it goes day to day. How about the  Rescue mouth spray .ive been taking Valerian wonder if that's why mines be lower?got another few days till the month on them is up.wont say till then if they've done the job .still better than Drs pills in my view xx
    • Posted

I've got Serc but I've been scared to take them as everyone goes on about them being vestibular suppressants, everyone goes on about how they slow recovery right down. It's not knowing what to do for the best! X
    • Posted

I'm on no other meds apart from 1 blood pressure tablet,think if your on dr meds I'd visit your dr.im wary of mixing Drs and natural tablets. A chemist doesn't know only on prescription meds.,and Drs the same non commital on herbal tabs,I did try a Homeopath when my prob began,but that didn't help. I'm sat with those Magnets got 5 on ,it's like Deni said earlier on it's what works for you.meditation has helped me,but you've got to commit to doing it,to gain its benefits.plenty of meditation music on You Tube just need to be on your own no distractions  to do it .think you over breath when you've got anxiety and this will drop it down slow but sure. X
    • Posted

Put magnet on last yesterday and placed it under my pillar last night Had a good sleep, up at 6 am made tea and toast for bp med all fine. Ate a banana last  night, I stopped eating them as heard banana and vertigo not good so don't know if banana helped. I used to have low potassium due to the diuretic and that caused probs but now on a potassium sparing diuretic, maybe the potassium from banana helped. Going to put water in fridge to sip on it's supposed to be 22c again today so will try to keep cool or should that be keep my cool lol, have a good day everyone 
    • Posted

Think I made a mistake, I let myself go back to sleep for an hour and when I woke I felt really heavy and groggy.....message to self.... ' get up when you are feeling ok'
    • Posted

Morning everyone looks like another sunny day,

Up at 6 again, tea,toast and shower, am I going back to sleep...no way lol

hope you are all feeling ok and you have a good day,   Remember to be kind to yourself. X

• Posted

Hi Deni, hope your having a better day,and sat in the shade,and nice cup of tea at hand,

I'm sat in doors sinuses painful, think weather.I never sit out in sun due to my skin cancer,but I'm up to seeing the sun out,been long old winter.

You were up again early ,so by not going back to bed,you should feel better,than yesterday.hope so..

Salad for tea,nice and easy,and healthy too

Let's know how your day went,and to all on site,good to all. XX

• Posted

Well I managed to get to the beach for a couple of hours with my kids and boyfriend. That was nice, tired now tho! Quite woozy as week, lot of pressure in my ears but it had clouded over so don't know if we are in for a storm maybe???
    • Posted

Glad you had good day out,does one good ,nice bit of fresh air blows the cobwebs away,sets you up for the week . Good for kiddies to,think they must be well tired out.think weather plays my ears up with having tinnitus,low for 2 days but hissing like crazy all day today,oh well that's how it goes .

Still lovely and sunny here in Dorset but again windy. 

• Posted

Do you still have dizziness or just tinnitus too? I'm quite woozy and think

The air pressure has changed as I can feel it in my ears if that makes sense?? Kids are shattered now, I can't get them out much in the week

As I daren't drive at the minute, so it's nice when my boyfriend can take us all out xx

• Posted

I got the tinnitus 8yrs ago and the balance trouble began 3 yrs ago,so I've got both going at once,balance okay for driving ,not when walking from A to B .Im okay visually had eye test in January,  even though I wear glasses.

I do have Perenial Rhinitis(similar to Hayfever ) that gives me eye pains.had that for 8 yrs. allergies run in my family,family genes hey 

xx

• Posted

I just feel constantly drunk. Like both my eyes are working independently of each other. So I don't like driving at the moment, I don't feel safe to. I don't get sudden spins or anything I just feel constantly woozy other than when I lie down xxx
    • Posted

Hi, not a bad day and yes Marlene I sat in the shade, I too prepared salad for tea in stages with sit downs in between preps, good job it was only one course lol I'd have been there now if there had been more, really glad you are getting out and about Babz I'm sure it's helping you even though you might not think so at the time we have to keep going don't we, I enjoy going for a walk with someone and love going out in the car, my poor husband I'm a bit like the pet dog waiting for walkies lol, hope everyone has a refreshing night, God Bless x 
    • Posted

Went to the beach today with my fella, two of my kids and his son. Was lovely but I'm very tired and woozy now. Even managed to make spaghetti bolognese for tea too :-) xx
    • Posted

Glad you had a good day,I smiled about the pet dog ah.i find if I really concentrate I'm okay out on my own,but it takes lot of effort,I've not ventured miles from homelike I use to before this all began but it's out of my bungalow for couple hours.think when weather as nice as this you want to be out.

Your tea same as ours Deni can't beat a nice salad either.its quick ,as cooking and ironing I find the hardest to do .think it's to being stationary.

Far from a nice feeling. Let's hope next week will be as good as it's been today.xx

• Posted

Was the water cold,did kids manage to get a paddle in ? Won't be very long before their summer holidays will be here.bet you miss driving with having the kiddies. X
    • Posted

I hate not driving :-( it's so hard I feel like I've lost a lot of my independence. I'm hoping it won't be long term tho and that I'll soon be back behind the wheel. Where I love it's really far to the shops and stuff so I rely on friends or my boyfriend to do things for me. I'm lucky I've got them really. I'll go to the supermarket with my boyfriend but I wouldn't dare venture on on my own. It makes me feel quite poorly xxxx
    • Posted

Morning Campers, hope you are all ready for today's challenge.....and breath lol, not a bad night bit dizzy before I opened my eyes this morning but sat up slowly etc (you know the drill).   Had shower not my most confident move of a day now there was a time not long back when I loved to get up and shower and freshen up for the day, I used to say I couldn't function without a shower first.  Does anyone find they seem to improve as day goes on I think I am seeing a pattern like that, unfortunately it's mid afternoon when I think mmm I seem and feel more with it.   Lovely day again outside, think its a 'take me out in the car please' day lol,  need to get some shopping anyway....don't we always.  Have a good day all, we might not be bob the builder but we can do it x
    • Posted

I feel better first thing and get worse as the day goes on! The more tired I get the more woozy I get. My daughter was poorly all night so I'm exhausted. She's tucked up in bed next to me fast asleep finally so I'm going to join her for a bit or I won't be able to function later! Xxx
    • Posted

Well not a bad day at all in fact it was I think my best since the room threw itself around me and I was sick,   Went to pinchinthorpe forest walk and it was lovely, I was a bit short of breath in the sun which is new to me. But there was plenty of shade. I sat on the children's roundabout ( teapot lid in my day) swung left then right about four feet then left for four feet all the time looking at things near and far and holding my gaze on one spot so one exercise done, I also stood on the back of a carved fox balanced on right foot then left (poor fox).  Went to supermarket and just making tea now I have been dizzy on and off but I am tring to learn not to panic too much and for me I flex legs and arms etc stare at something then screw eyes my eyes up to bring me back in focus, .....well that was today lol.    Hope you all have had a good day and you have gained a little bit of yourselves back, guess it's slowly slowly.  Have a good evening/night take care x. Babz hope your daughter is ok now, we sat with my sons little one last Thursday he had a bug and slept on settee most of the day. 
    • Posted

Aww that's fab you've had a good day! My daughter has slept most of the day and my eldest son has been sent home poorly too :-( my wooziness has been ok I guess, still there all day but managed to clean two bathrooms and Hoover upstairs so not all bad. Just wish I could drive again! Feel like my legs have been cut off!! Xx
    • Posted

My legs feel odd sometimes from the knee down.....I think.  You have done really well cleaning, I'm better going out and exercising well that's my story and I'm  sticking to it lol  Hope the bug is only a 24hr one and your young ones are felling better soon.  I love driving and I have driven since this started but prefer someone with me at the moment in fact I'm getting a bit lazy and enjoying been driven around Ssshhhh 
    • Posted

Haha it is nice being driven about but my boyfriend doesn't live with me and works in the pipeline industry so works away a lot. So during the week I'm kind if stuck here really. I have to do the cleaning, no one else will do it! Only the bare minimum gets done at the moment tho! Xxx
    • Posted

Hi all any other sunny day, is this really the uk lol, well today feels pretty good so far I'm not saying there are no wobbles and mini spins but you know when you know you feel more with it, I'm really trying hard not to react to the wobbles and spins, my let down is I just don't want to go anywhere eg supermarket on my own as when I have I'v been very self concious of how I feel but it's something I will have to do. Hope everyone is coping well,  I have read many posts on this subject to gain other peoples understanding and experience yet I feel it's our own personal walk and what works for one may not for another but that's ok we will finish the race at different times but we will finish, our own path is there for us and the support of others is a great and helps us along. I hope we can carry on with inner strength and determination, not easy when you are in the thick of it I know. We are going out to my sons this afternoon so I'm looking forward to that it's a 45min car ride lol......I like. Have a good day x
    • Posted

It's a lovely day here too. I'm off for acupuncture soon then a chill in the garden I think. I've been extremely tired and anxious this week. The anxiety drives me bonkers! I like getting out and about too deni but alas I have to wait until the weekend when my personal chauffeur (boyfriend) is around! Have a lovely afternoon at your sons! Xxxx 
    • Posted

Hi I did enjoy my trip out this afternoon and have been for a short walk this evening,  sorry about your tiredness and anxiety although anxiety makes you tired doesn't it, how did your acupuncture go I do believe in alternative treatments..no side effects for a start. My husband works so I have to wait till he's home to go out and he's off four days from today so tomorrow's trip is already planned yay. Really hope you have a good day tomorrow Babz a bit of relief is a good thing
    • Posted

Today wasn't too bad. Felt pretty good after my acupuncture, managed to go see a friend on my own this afternoon and went shopping with my boyfriend to tesco. Though I did feel rough when I came out! Sounds like you've had a nice day deni :-) xxxx 
    • Posted

Morning all :-).        Er who turned the taps on? It has rained throughout the night and it's still coming down albeit a bit lighter :-(.    Had headache all night which I think I can put down to being fed chocolate yesterday (no not my fault evil ) It's a legacy from my migraine days, look at certain foods and get headache yuk.  But more importantly has my day out been scuppered by the rain?   I think not ladies and gentlemen we will go somewhere :-).  I sincerly hope you are all feeling ok, and we can get our heads around these times its not easy staying optimistic there's always a thought waiting to set you back a bit but it's onward we must go, we may think we are not getting anywhere but that doesn't mean it's true it might just be the route it's taking we don't like. Have a good day all x
    • Posted

It's been pouring down all night here too, it feels better for it tho as it was so warm and muggy. Hope you have a nice day, I'm having a chilled one today as I was very busy yesterday so am tired today! Xxx
    • Posted

Hi Deni,Babz,,Gill,Eileen and our Darren and to all looking on this site today.

My what a change weather wise from the weekend. It's been tipping it down here too,in good old Dorset.

Glad you had good day out at your sons,done you good,get fed up being indoors.did sit outside fora bit hoping to get a sneeze going,to ease this damn Rhinitis,gives me such face pain.Since I hoovered the Tinnitus has dropped a bit oh happy days .be thankful for daily small mercys I say to myself.Up and onwards everyone.

You sound chirpy Deni,is it because of your day out ?  Husband going to get me some Vit 3ive had sore mouth since this all began put it down to mouthwash ? Now I'm not to sure since reading up on Vit D say that's a symptom.amazed with what I've learnt on this I Pad.Best thing Ever.

Hope Darren is okay as he works.Bless

Garden looking good,so the rain saves us watering it.Its come over really dark,any darker will need kitchen light on.

You all have good day,keep smiling.Song comes to mind  Always look on the bright side of life. XXXX hug wherever you are from me to you this day X

• Posted

Hello Marlene and everyone else, yep I am busy working haha. A bit damp in Bristol - not too bad though ! and I am looking forward to a nice restful long bank holiday weekend....ahhhh !! Bliss !!
    • Posted

Now it's sunny,but won't last I'm sure,When I worked I like the Bank Holidays,this time of year,as a few of them all close to each other.Now bank holiday every day.not rubbing it in honest Darren. Got plans ? Hard to do hey one day at a time.Now rain stopped husband just popped out to get me some Vit D 3  see if they help,and on we go.No luck so far with those magnets changed them yesterday.give them a month they said.

Don't work to hard,says me sat watching Friends.x

• Posted

Morning a bit grey but hey we've all felt like that haven't we lol not a bad day yesterday,  my husband laughed watching me walk across a car park mainly I think at the concentration on my face, he came to my rescue and as soon as I linked his arm I felt better..... I need to work on a few confidence issues I think.   We went to vote and all was well untill in the porch I looked at the notice board when I turned there it was ..... the dizzy feeling you think is going to make you fall, as soon as we got out the door linking arms I was better.   Need to kick the backside of the anxiety I think mad anyway lovely people have a good day look after yourselves and....be good lol
    • Posted

Hope you enjoyed Friends Marlene it's a tune that sticks in your head isn't it lol and Darren the weekend is yours ENJOY smile
    • Posted

Aww hunnie I'm like that with my anxiety. Definitely makes my symptoms worse! I'm in bed poorly, raging temp, horrible headache and think I'm getting tonsillitis :-( so pj and DVD day for me! The weather here is awful anyway! 

Hope you all have a good day xxxx

• Posted

Babz I'm sure everyone will join me sending you get well wishes, tonsillitis is no fun, do you think you picked up virus when your young ones were ill? Anyway get plenty of rest and fluids and take care x
    • Posted

Thanks deni. Yeah think my kids have kindly shared their germs! I've got up and had a shower, now resting on the sofa watching tv. The sore throat I can cope with, it's the pounding headache that's the worst! 

Hope everyone else's day is going well! Xxx

• Posted

Hi Deni and all on site today,you done well again Deni getting out yesterday,it makes huge difference to your day,feels good,when in the evening you reflect on what kind of a day you've had.Perserverence pays off long term.If you can do it,that is.Not always easy that's for sure.

My ears are low so I never get good day with that,feels like there muffled so that affects the balance.tipped up the old pepper pot on my hand ( only grains of pepper ) to make me have good old sneeze as my sinuses again painful .Weather does both of ears and face,and weather not so good here to.so won't be venturing far today,sounds like Babz picked up what her youngsters had I'd agree,they bring home stuff from school,think if immune is low,your pick it up,Think Babz you need to gargle with warm salt water good antiseptic swear by it for a sore throat. I'm off to have 2 poached eggs on brown bread,with having IBS got to watch what I eat ,another pain to be getting on with. Hey Deni watching Two and Half Men find that funny,another laugh is Mrs Browns Boys love that. Hope everyone's anxiety dropping ,weird how that works? Keep on smiling hey .up and onwards xxxx

• Posted

Did anyone see John Bishop and Paul O'Grady wearing goggles that made them think they were on a roller coaster?  They went dizzy, screamed and fell sideways and backwards for fun.......pleeeeaaasse,  CAN I TAKE MY GOGGLES OFF lol
    • Posted

OMG no I didn't! WHY would you want to do that???? I want mine off too please! Xx
    • Posted

Missed that,when was that on TV ? I do love a good laugh,Like One Foot In The Grave and Keeping up Appearances.gets me chuckling even the reruns of them.works everytime. John Bishop good comedienne along with Micky Flannigan ( Londoner ) xx
    • Posted

I saw Jason Manford last year, he was brilliant :-) seeing John Bishop at my university in Wrexham in July xx 
    • Posted

Yes he's good one as well ,chap I don't care to watch is Jimmy Carr that hideous put on laugh kills it for me,he'd do well to dropping it off.think laughter gets the happy hormones going,good tonic for all.How are you feeling now ? Xx
    • Posted

God I'm glad I'm not the only one! Kids think it's hilarious how much I hate Jimmy Carr! 

I'm ok I didn't have a pj day in the end, I got showered and pottered a bit. I'm exhausted now and my throat and ears are very sore. Wooziness is quite bad tonight too but think that's cos I'm not well. About to get into my pjs and get into bed to watch TV. Kids all fed and watered, dishwasher on, my work here is done! Xxx 

• Posted

You can't beat a good laugh excellent,  I like Mrs Browns boy like you Marlene although never got to grips with the alternative comedy rolleyes Give myself a task today of going round the aisles of a large Morrisons untill I was dizzy ....... That was easy lol second aisle mission accomplished :-) had given trolley to my husband so I couldn't  lean on it. Made myself scan the shelves then turn quickly and scan the shelves behind me, well I think I turned quickly! Seemed to get better as I went round and I felt good I had gone around as long as I did, even better no funny feeling at cash out.  Have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend everyone hope you are all in a good place to enjoy it x
    • Posted

Aww that's good to hear deni! I drove a couple of short distances today and felt fine doing it so was pleased :-) xxx 
    • Posted

Good on you Babz, and yes we should be proud of our efforts, only we know where we have come from and how far we have come and what it was like so good on us x each day is an achievement.
    • Posted

It's been fair while since I went into the big supermarkets,there queues I can't do period,since this balance began .Good job it's only the 2 of us to shop for.

Don't look like good weather for us down South,Boy did it rain here last night,pity poor holiday makers trying to do things to keep kids amused when it's wet. how's your tinnitus been ?think that's where my balance plays havoc.  You to have a nice weekend got anything planned ?xxx

• Posted

That's 2 of us can't stand the chap Babz ,chuffed to bits when tax man caught up with him. Now Gary Barlow I would have let off if I was the tax man.Ha Ha nice lad. 

Glad your kiddies watered and fed.not easy when your not to good.

Sat watching Great British Menu  xx

• Posted

Think the weather will dictate what we do this weekend got hair appointment 10.30 in the morning then I think son and family coming over tomorrow afternoon but will get out for a walk at some point.  As for the tinnitus well pretty much the same had a couple of nights early in the week when both ears seemed to be saying sshhhhh ( maybe I was talking in my sleep)  during the day it's lost in the everyday noises, how about you what do you do if bad with it?  I have noticed sometimes in supermarkets you seem to hear every little thing, mind I said to my husband listen and he said it was noisy there was chatter, fans going etc so that made me fell better knowing I was only hearing what was actually there.   Years ago in a garage I saw Royston Brown (Chubby) he seemed to recognise me gave a big smile and Hi, today in Marks and Spencer he was there and again a big smile and Hi so I'm convinced he mistakes me for someone else.......Chubby if you are reading this sorry lol but it was only me. redface
    • Posted

Well I've got the job of taking my 16 year old dog to the vets in the morning. She had a tumour removed from her mouth over a year ago, another one has come up in a matter of days. So dreading it. Other than that my boyfriend has his final suit fitting for the wedding we are at next week, he is best man. And I want to just have some nice family time with the kids I think.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend xxx 

• Posted

Be thinking of you and pooch 
    • Posted

Chubby Brown not my cup of tea at all, far to crude for my tender ears ! Hey maybe he thinks your an old flame Deni ?

I find with my tinnitus I avoid the phone,when it's playing up,noise is any issue.don't care to be in company of more than 3 to 4  people at any given time,due to the noise of people talking,and days when sinuses are hurting it more unbearable,the 2 going off together,my aunt has same problem.

Supermarkets are a nightmare to much going on  not the relaxing of places ,maybe if they played 60 s music instead of the continual loop rubbish.they play nowadays.it would be better hey  Mods and Rockers Ah  what memories xx

• Posted

Ah hope it's fine at the vets,we've had 3 Cocker Spaniels and daughter has 2 Cockers .they get these things,your so protective of them ,like ones kiddies there family. Let's know how it went okay, what breed Babz
    • Posted

Marlene I think Royston could of had his pick of the ladies, always someone waiting nearby lol. He's a local man and supposed to be very polite, doesn't like bad language at home? But how would I know I'm the mistaken identity lol. And anyway he's always smiled nicely when I'v seen him. Can't say I'v really watched him seen clips and he is full on but horses for courses,  we don't watch him, as for dogs we were westies fans had two then took on my mother in laws two when she passed away alas all dogs have gone now and I still miss them. 
    • Posted

Yea mods were the Lambretta crowd and the Rockers were the motorbikers crowd.Were talking mid  60s Deni .only saw about 15 mins of that Chubby on TV that was enough .not my cup of tea.

We've always been dog people,miss my boys who passed in past 3 yrs,and my Katie in 98 we do have daughters for the day,but they go home,no grand kids,but them.so we spoil them at weekends when they visit.Wont get anymore. Got photos on my I pad of them,and around the house. It's always nice to see what dog breeds people go for.You got no plans to get anymore?

• Posted

We said no more it breaks your heart when you lose them, we are often tempted but try to stick to our decision, they become part of the family don't they, still get tearful thinking or talking about them.   
    • Posted

Mods always seemed self absorbed somehow, their looks, their scooters, rockers seemed more fun, .....or so they tell me lol
    • Posted

Mods were better,rockers always looking for a fight from memory.

Yes we miss ours ,photos are okay but still like them back,never the same

daughter tried to get us to have another but I said no,husband would get another tomorrow but it's not for me.i said that when Katie passed,then we went on to get the boys same age .they had good life .same with daughters 2 got good life can't want for more.

• Posted

Must admit you don't see ageing mods but you do see ageing rockers who can't let go of the past, I couldn't get on a bike or scooter now, have you felt how heavy they are? Lol,  Then there's the older bikers 60+ reliving the past, scary, still they obviously aren't dizzy so one point to them. Goodnight all x
    • Posted

My husband rides a  metallic green Vespa,and he's just turned  69 loves his scooter,me no I'm a car person like metal around me,it's got a seat on the back of his but no way would I play pillion passenger.yes they are heavy but he manages it (ex Royal Marine ) keeps it as shines as he bought it.had years of polishing behind him.so it should shine,spot on at ironing to.Deni.x
    • Posted

Good on him, I hope he has a Parker too, are they still making the Vespa? So he a rare exclusive lesser spotted ageing mod then? They are worth more he's a keeper lol. My husband still thinks he can skateboard (what's that all about) and has been seen outside trying to prove it lol,still got his old board. X I'm with you in the car Marlene that's definite. Reclining seat, glove compartment, heating, air conditioning, big handbag at the back for our essentials....sorry boot,  lol, yes definitely the car, I wouldn't be getting out and about if we had a scooter so I think that makes the car medicinal.
    • Posted

Don't think they do parkas anymore ,he laughed at the exclusive ageing mod ,joined up at 16 yrs so he spent the mod yrs in fatigues. His scooter is a 09 so there still being made,I'd love to see him on a skateboard ,so would our daughter.,her hoopla hoop was hilarious enough,he never got the hang of that.he cleans my car beautifully inside and out.got him well trained.took almost 48 yrs.since all this happened to me,he's been really helpful in the house,he's had tinnitus over 30 yrs so understands the continual noise ,but he's no balance problem with his like me,Things happen in life,none of us want it,it is what it is.it will go eventually I've no doubt in that xx
    • Posted

Hi everyone, hope you are all feeling ok, not a bad day for me, Marlene I used to wear parkas to walk the dogs but they were not as good as the originals. I take it your husbands tinnitus has stablished over the years, not that that make it any better, 30yrs is a long time. We are an airforce/army family and yes ironing was an important part of it lolit was a good and interesting life I miss the lifestyle although don't think I would keep up with it all now especially marching out of quarters after cleaning anything that didn't move lol but for the right people even in these days it's good.   Babz how did pooch get on this morning I hope you are all ok :-) 
    • Posted

Hi  not bad day as well,that was until about 7pm,eyes and face ache from sinuses,but put that down to being outside best part of today oops .

Nice to hear from an ex service wife,I was one for over 17 yrs,loved the life,the moving around ,yes even the march outs,,took me longer getting into civvy street than I cared to mention,stressful life but I'd have it back in a heartbeat Deni it's a family like no other.good memories .social life was the best,mess dos etc  

My husband ignores his tinnitus for most part,comes from having it so long ,it was him who told me I had it not dr when I mentioned a hissing,a again you have to have a condition to know how it goes.felt guilty when I then heard what he'd been hearing all those yrs.

I've been wondering about Babz dog today. XX

• Posted

Adjusting to civy street isn't easy and like people not understanding what an illness is like people don't understand how difficult it can be leaving the forces. It's been your family and you have been through as you said stressful times together, the lads have relied on each other and then you are out on your own with a different set of rules, different humour etc, know some lads found it very hard.  Thought I'd test my dizziness out tonight and tripped on the top stair, ended up on all fours ??? Husband came rushing asked what happened but I'm not sure myself I thought everything was fine, maybe I didn't lift my foot high enough on the last step! Plus had slippers on or maybe I was over confident (yeah right) going up. Anyway apart from bit of neck ache and the initial shock and dread of a dizzy do I seem ok lol

• Posted

You were lucky,maybe it was slippers best not wear them going upstairs in future leave at bottom of stairs hey easy done.good job you weren't on your own in the house.Wonder if your get up with few bruises tomorrow.?

My husband and his mates got there own web site,they chat a lot ,I'm still in contact with girls from our Singapore days,

I'm sat here listening to the rain on conservatory,my is it coming down   

Nine thoughts  to Ponder

Number 9-

Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Number 8-

Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 7-

Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one

can die.

Number 6-

Men have two emotions: hungry and horny, and they can't

tell them apart.  If you see a gleam in his eyes, make him a sandwich.

Number 5-

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a

person to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks,

months, maybe years.

Number 4-

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in the

hospital, dying of nothing.

Number 3-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no

attention to criticism.

Number 2-

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.

Now the world is weird, and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Number 1-

Life is like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today

might burn your ass tomorrow.

...and as someone recently said to me:

Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that

long.

• Posted

It is the cancer that's come back. They could operate but they would have to remove part of her jaw and because of her age that wouldn't be fair. They've put her on pain relief to keep her comfy but it's a matter of weeks maybe a few months. Other than that have had an ok day. Been into Chester with my fella for his final suit fitting for the wedding we are going to. I even braved primark! I didn't enjoy it but I did it! Exhausted tonight but can't get off to sleep, think I'm overtired! 

Hope you've both had a good day :-) xxxx 

• Posted

I am so very sorry Babz,my Morgan had cancer of the spleen,know what your going through,it's tough having to decide what's the best to do for them ,if it's a human it's one thing but when it's an animal it's so,so tough .Go with your gut instinct on what's best to do.

Hope you bought something nice,? XX

• Posted

Marlene loved your thoughts to ponder, excellent a good start to the day lol think you are right about the slippers and also think I need to still be cautious, maybe after a good day I wasn't concentrating enough. Woke up around 5.50 got in shower (my legs were a bit shakey) as my husband is at work today and NO I will not be going back to sleep just going to sit up in bed with curtains open and enjoy seeing the sunshine. I feel a little fuzzy headed but no bruised feeling..as yet ,  mind last night I took two painkillers and put deep heat muscle rescue on my neck and shoulder in readiness, dib dib dib dob dob dob.....lol no I wasn't in the brownies or girl guides lol.

Babz so sorry to hear about pooch truly hope the meds help, will be thinking of you it's not easy I know, look after yourself, hope you enjoy the wedding next week, is your boyfriend nervous about it? I'v seen some very scared men at weddings lol and the change in them when their role is over has been amazing..... 

Enjoy your day everyone hope you are sharing this sunshine I'm looking at, and if you have to go upstairs BE CAREFUL redface

• Posted

Hi guys. I was gutted yesterday, really upset as we've had her 13 years. But she's still eating, gets excited for walkies and still gets into mischief, so while she's doing that it's all good! 

Erwin (my fella) doesn't get nervous about anything! He looked very dapper in his suit tho. He's not even written a speech yet! :-D I'm more nervous than him in case I get really dizzy or don't feel well during the ceremony! We are staying at the hotel the reception and night do is at so I can always sneak off for a rest if needs be! It's all the way down in Stevenage (I live on the north wales coast) so quite a way away really. But it's mine and my fellas first anniversary as well, kids are staying with their dad for a few days so will be nice to have some time on our own. 

What do you both have planned for today? I'm having a day of rest I think, I've been very busy this week and I've still got a very sore throat and feel yucky. The weather isn't brilliant either so think I'll cuddle with the kids and watch DVDs :-) 

Have a good day whatever you get up to xxxx 

• Posted

Hi Babz,good your dog is eating,and enjoying her walks,good sign on it's own,what's her name?mine were Dylan and Morgan.We use to call him moaning  Morgan,use to go around  moaning never knew why ?right  character.our Dyl was more like my Katie happy wee souls.,the boys got on well together.Morgan was top dog.

You wearing a hat for the wedding ? Don't forget a fold up brolly,love good wedding.just what the dr ordered for you couple days break away from daily stress.What you wearing.?

Looks like the rain is going to be around again today with odd bit of sun ,but it's still cold wind, me sat with the box on for background noise.husband out potting on plants. XX

• Posted

Her name is Dapple. She was named after a faithful dog in a David gemmel book. She still seems happy enough, so until she isn't I'm not going to dwell on it. 

For the weddingim wearing a grey silk dress with a flower design in black, black flat shoes (can't do heels with the dizzies!), black bag, Cadbury purple bolero cardigan with same colour fascinator and jewellery. I am looking forward to it but also quite nervous as obviously my boyfriend will be off doing his best man stuff. Tho one of our best friends is going too and he's promised to keep an eye on me! :-D 

Weather here is sunshine and showers, so just a chilled day for us I think xxx 

• Posted

Hi glad your okay,think you tense up a lot when you fall,easy done.i keep Arnica in cabinet for bruises,brings them out.

Done all housework,so the days mine,not going to do much else,went over to my cousin yesterday,3 rods away she brought me back 2 glass hearts from her holiday ,so that made my day,nice when people think of you whilst on there holiday.they both had nice tans.Ah  just thinking what's for tea,biggest dilemma of my day Ha Ha sad hey  No I was never a brownie or girl guide never wanted to do it never hear of them or see them in there uniforms like you did years ago.but I was a Covenenter at my local church in my early days. Oh so many moons ago ! My ears are hissing but not as bad of late.hope it stays this way.Keep your feet up ,XX

• Posted

Hi was off it until about half eleven off  balance head fuzzy not with it so think last night shook something up been beasting myself doing Any exercise that came to mind and feel better now, it is nice that people remember you with a gesture, my nephew and his wife come home from Cyprus tomorrow, I have been in touch with them we lived 3 yr in Cyprus. ...yes a tour... and I love the place, went over couple of yr ago brilliant.  We are c of e but love the Methodist,  so you are from Scotland? Tea sorted here I put the slow cooker on as people will be in and out today so it will stay good, and it's done yay 😉

Your outfit sounds lovely Babz I'm sure you will enjoy it all, take it easy on the dance floor mind no break dancing 😂

Marlene I am chilling now the sun went in an hour or two ago and it's a light rain now plus you can feel a temp drop after the last few days so it's a rest day like you both 👍

• Posted

I've knocked my balance off by sweeping and mopping the floors so feel a bit spinny now. Just sitting quietly for a bit as I'm sure it will pass in time. Housework is good VRT anyway! Anything that makes you dizzy is good for you so I've been told! Xxxx
    • Posted

Totally agree,  'what do u do when u have a few minutes spare'... 'er anything that brings on a bit of dizziness'  no wonder people don't understand us/it  😕😂
    • Posted

Not bit Scottish in me Deni,It was a chapel ,run by lovely couple she was local nurse ,but they done good in community,did get opportunity to hear Billy Graham  via a video link from USA at a Methodist church many years later in Plymouth.Got all his books great man.

No dancing for you today then ?broke my  right arm from a fall  5 yrs ago caught my foot on the front door jam  6 weeks in plaster ,pretty blue plaster cast,showering a nightmare putting a black plastic bag over the plaster,I'm more wary these days,as that was a long 6 weeks,couldn't drive a car that was the worst.

Nice draft Cyprus husband been out there,on exercises ( pussers holiday I use to call it )still laugh today when it comes up talking old times .

Not got heating on but will do ,it's the wind so cold think it's off the sea. My ole mum used to blame bad weather on the men landing on the moon,think now she might have been onto something ,still chuckle at her thinking back then  . I'm sat watching Cake Boss debating wether to take paracetamol brow painful again today .drink lots of water I do to ease it cranial osteopath told me to do that when this began. My cousins went to Lanzarote.she said its so windy there hurt her ears the wind.  XX

• Posted

Went to a few Graham crusade In Sunderland 1984, great man we have  his books I used to speak to people who went forward at the crusade, my husband has more books of John Wesley than I don't know what, If fact our book shelf is double layered in books we have read all Christian lol.

6 weeks in plaster. .nightmare.. you don't appreciate normal living until it's taken from you do you.

As for Cyprus being a pussers holiday what can I say? Oh yes MEEOW😂 

my aunt used to blame all politics for everything bad, dropping all sorts on us virus's etc lol "we never used to have these bugs years ago she would say "they are trying to finish us off"  mmmm you don't think they are trying to confuse us with dizziness do you lol.

Do you bake cakes? Not my thing we don't really eat cake maybe from the days when the boys were little and they would be gone same day :-(  everyone seemed to like them warm from the oven. Well on with my chilling house is empty for a couple of hours now :-) 

• Posted

Grey and black go good together and bolero will look good fascinations are popular headware for weddings.Pity we can't see you in outfit  my daughter went to family wedding last Saturday ( in law side family ) she wore red her hair is a rich auburn ,she looked a treat. IPad a picture over to old mum and dad to see,strong colours suits her.but no hat 

You've done bit today no point knocking yourself out trying to do it all,hard with having kiddies to do for.and 4 of them .if they keep bedrooms tidy that helps out,and put there stuff away,means you don't have to keep bending your head down to pick stuff up,that gets me looking up and down everytime.Think when people know you have a balance problem ,there willing to help if you need an arm .your be just fine.go determined to have good time.Nice music on in the car,trip will soon go by.xx

• Posted

I to have loads of books ,Billy Graham I could listen to for hours,sad he's passed.think if you went to Sunday school,it stays with you for your lifetime.use to go twice a day right up till I was 15 .but it's always stayed right upto today. 

I don't bake like I use to,standing to long now put paid to that.  My daughter bakes beautiful cakes,( my genes ) she and her dad went on a course not so long ago only male in class of 20 ,loved being taught how to make sugar flowers.

Hey Deni now one up man ship out in singers ( Singapore ) I had an Amah done every bit of housework including washing and ironing now it's down to him in doors Mimi was Malayan ,never forgotten her.hard working .

Off to have tea and sun is out,xx

• Posted

Sounds like you still have an amah , I told u he's a keeper lol. 

Funny how we have had a few similar experiences though. Mind the older you get suppose the odds are we will of lol.

• Posted

If you private message me your e mail addresses I'll send wedding pics :-) had to take my other dog to the vet this afternoon. Think she's trapped her tail in something so it's all swollen and sore! Vet gave her an anti inflammatory injection so hopefully that should settle it! 

I've got a bad head brewing and an earache, so think we will have tea and I'll get into my pjs and chill. Kids want to go to the cinema tomorrow, not tried it since this dizziness began so will have to see how I am! Xxx 

• Posted

Oh no not your other pooch ( no more anywhere is there)  hope it's not bothering her,  can't advise about cinema it always irritates my eyes, gives me headache and Knocks me sick so it's very rare we go, as you said see how you are sometimes our body dictates what to do and we need to listen. Have a good night hope you soon feel better. 
    • Posted

That was a giggle him being an Amah, he says this balance prob could well be him as he's got tinnitus.,plus he developed asthma 2 yrs after leaving the service in  85 ,so he's had that a fair while, he laughs when at night he puts out asthma inhalers statins cod liver oil and Vit C tablet,now a vit 3 .weve always laughed a lot  at the stupidest of things. Xx
    • Posted

What started the asthma? If that's what your husband puts out I don't dare ask what you put out lol ... sounds like the typical older persons bedside table .....you haven't got a torch on there have you lol, I'm classy when this started my husband put mine in an empty biscuit tin under the table 😂😂.....and I used it 😝 got my deep heat, nurofen, tabs doc gave me which  I only had first week and BP med in it.  Oh I have got a tin of magicool to try and shock me out of being dizzy i figured if they advise to sip ice cool water a blast on the face or body of cold water should have the same effect lol oh you have to laugh don't you,  Marlene keep on giggling
    • Posted

Good Morning everyone, another sunny start to the day.....can't be bad cool

I feel a bit sore around neck and shoulders which I think is the aftermath of my rugby tackle to the floor the other night lol but I do feel better in the head than yesterday rolleyes Not so fuzzy,  so hoping I'm recovering a bit quicker now.  Hope you are  feeling good for the day Babz and are able to make confident deciscions .....like should you go to the cinema lol, and hope the pooches are doing well. Had shower, hubby (aka my chauffeur) has gone to work now.

Today Marlene I'm stuck for what to do for a main meal doh, I remember when I was young my mum would ask me what I wanted for a meal and I would say "anything" then everything she suggested I would say "no I don't fancy that" but what goes round comes round and I have had the same conversations with mine occasionally over the years and it drives me mad lol  Can't complain though they were good eaters, but oh you get tired of meal planning, again what goes round comes round, sausage, chicken, fish etc lol.

well lovely people have a lovely day I hope you all feel strong in yourselves to overcome our trials, take care 

• Posted

I had a terrible night :-( think I'll be off to the out of hours Drs later. Ears and throat extremely sore, kept waking freezing cold then boiling hot, head banging! Feel like I've been hit by a bus today :-( dizzies no worse than normal so I guess that's one thing! 

Sun was out here but now clouded over, still undecided as to whether or not to brave the cinema yet. I'll see how I feel later on I think! 

Have a good day xxxx 

• Posted

Hi all, not a bad day so far been for a walk in woods for out about two hours my longest yet, granted 30min spent sat in cafe,  :-).  Neck did ache a bit half way but was worse yesterday along with my shoulders (from my top stair blip I think) so I'm pleased I seem to be recovering from the fall set back     pretty quickly but it shows how something can set you back.  Hope you are all ok and coping ok, did you go to the cinema Babz? 

It's hard to think new people are starting off on this awful journey everyday as it was frightening when it started and you felt really ill, now I think I'm more fed up, bored and mad at it for taking so long to clear off :-(   I hope this forum encourages them wih the knowledge they are not alone in it. Hope you are ok Marlene with everything functioning as it should be lol, hang in there biggrin.   Right cuppa time I think, enjoy the rest of the day everyone, one step at a time will get us there.

• Posted

Morning everyone,  hope you are all in good spirits :-) last night was a bit annoying for me with the tinnitus as  along with the high pitched noise was a lower tone,  think I might of just heard thunder in the distance, you don't think it's the air pressure thing do you? How bad does the tinnitus get for those of you who get it?  And any tips to lessen it other than earphones piping ozzie Osborne into them lol.

Maybe going to my son's this morning ...well getting dropped off and brought home .....taxi   lol. Wouldn't care I love driving, I do a lot but there's so much I need to do too it's the old confidence thing :-(  not decided what the temp is today supposed to be a tad cooler but I don't think it will be that bad. Have a good day everyone and stay safe x

• Posted

Morning. I heard distant thunder last night and it was very muggy. My tinnitus was worse as was my wooziness so yes I think air pressure does play a part! 

I've got acupuncture at 11 then dropping my kids off at their dads at 4 as we are off to Stevenage for the wedding in the morning. Getting quite nervous about it now even tho my dizziness has been pretty ok this week. I did gave a bit yesterday when I was having my hair cut but again I think there was a storm rumbling around.

Kids all still asleep so I'm going to grab another hours sleep while I can! Have a good day xxz

• Posted

Hi Deni and Babz off the air yesterday server not working till nearly midnight,Your tinnitus playing up too,mine the Bain of my daily life,along with this Rhinitis as well,Me and my aunt have always said air pressure affects our both the tinny and rhinitis which she has as well,try a hair dryer,sometimes that helps to drop it.as does a Hoover.somewhat off colour past couple days ,IBS think picked a bug up.so been gingerly eating,not that I don't with the IBS.Great life hey girls.

Soon be off to wedding, Babz,don't forget me and Deni want pic of you in your outfit.go and enjoy yourself,got your orders from us both hey Deni 

,the weather is proper weird everywhere,all were missing is snow,but that may happen it's so cold for nearly June.xxx

• Posted

How did the acupunture go Babz had it a few times for neck pain few yr back,  I hope you get excited about the wedding and enjoy it, and hope Marlene and yourself are feeling better than you did, I'v noticed ibs seems to be a common thing in those on the forum mmmmmm. Tinnitus high pitch been there all day but mainly lost in the daily noise, I used hairdryer this morn so may of helped, not saying anything about the Hoover...... Look I was going out!  lol Otherwise I'd of hoovered right through into the neighbours, honestly, lol.. 

Had a few dizzy feelings today I think the vertigo might of all but gone (if not totally gone? Yeah maybe not,, who knows anything?  Nothing moving in front of me and no sickness) and is the dizziness now anxiety ?????? I'm finding I prefer to be in company etc, I keep saying it ...I need to get my head around all this. Yuk. Rained most of day here, in the car I put glasses on for driving (no I was passenger) and felt a bit dizzy we drove 25min down a road lined with trees and it was like driving through a tunnel a pretty tunnel but nevertheless a tunnel eek I took them off I thought if they looked a little less sharp it might be better and it was, then tried script sunglasses which were about the same but went back to none, I do find my eyes play a part in all this and agree with Darren about glasses I'v always found them irritating, I have them for distance and reading and the distance are on and off all the time, for a few months I didn't wear them at all.  Anyway off to make a cuppa, never used to drink much of it but my head keeps nagging saying "drink plenty of fluids, drink plenty of fluids" so it's off to the kitchen I go lol, have a good night all and whatever stage of this journey you are at take care, you are not alone. X

• Posted

Hiiii! Well nails done, brows done, hair cut and coloured! Just need to pack now and I'm done. Getting excited but still quite anxious but trying to ignore it! 

I find I need to wear my glasses as I feel worse without them. Strange isn't it. 

I'll get pics to you both ASAP :-) xxxx

• Posted

Your do just fine,,once your on your way,keep a chat going,you'll be there in no time.,your over thinking at this present time,we've all been there done .

Get good nights sleep,eat before you go ,blood sugar up, and relax enjoy the scenery. What time you off? Look forward to the pics.

ive been in glasses since I was young,so part of me.Having this rhinitis makes my eyes ache a lot ,feel like I could take eyes out and squeeze them to relax the pain.tried everything for rhinitis nothings worked.even a magnet centre of forehead.I did see the Tapping Technique,will give that a try.

Have good weekend ,xxx

• Posted

Well today's the day!! We are heading down shortly. I don't feel as anxious as I thought I would so that's good. Think I'll be sleeping in the car though! It was so muggy here last night then we had a couple of foxes singing about 2am then a cat having a go at about 4, so am knackered!! I'll keep you posted as to how I'm getting on! 

Hope you are both ok and have a good day xxxxx

• Posted

Yay, Have a brilliant time Babz hope your fella is as calm as a cucumber and it's a tonic for you both, just go with the flow, you are in control of what you do and don't do, no one is going to judge or think any less of you if you sit some things out or whatever, but hoping any negatives will be lost in the fun of these few  days away.... still a bit cold for skinny dipping anyway 😨 be thinking of you ENJOY. X
    • Posted

Hi all, not a bad day no dizzies up to now, I spent TWO HOURS in a soft play, the noise the heat the movement didn't phase me at all, there was a part for over 4's so I could of joined in but resisted. Also drove down the pretty tunnel again (tree lined road) all fine, good cop bad cop, good day bad day !!!

I got two letters today from the NHS one to inform me my ENT appointment had been cancelled!!  And one to say I have an appointment with the audiologist on Aug 1st, confused I rang appointments to ask why, I was told they (who ?) have decided I would be better going to see the audiologist and have balance tests???? So I now have an extra month to wait, some tests I may decline due to neck problems, hey oh it will all come right in the end eh.  c'est la vie. Hope you are all ok x

• Posted

You done well today,not easy hey,no matter what I do or done it's everyday.

Hospital messing you about ,I've had 3 hearing test done in the 8 years,but still no further ahead.last October I had last one, then this was followed up by a CT scan as I've always had really bad neck ache since I got that head virus. So get them to give it all a good looking at.Audiology did give me Maskers for the tinnitus,but they. Never helped no matter which 3 settings I had them on.i still believe the Osteopath visit for sinuses set my balance off as I was fine on balance till that visit. You just know when it began and what you were like prior.The Magnets haven't helped so that's another miss .

Next on discovery menu is the Tapping Therapy.,it was in the Daily Mirror and Daily Mail.,you do it yourself Tap top of head- ears-brow-nose - chin -then the bone in centre of throat. Paul McKenna showed how to do it in the Mirror back last year I kept the article ,will get that out and have a look again.So do tell them you've got a neck issue,there the ones to look at it while there.

I've been off colour,picked up a bug going around,4 days now.hope by Sunday it's gone.cant get a break.Still could be worse .it will pass.

Wonder how Babz is doing.?

husband did go and buy me some butterfly lights for the conservatory. Just want them put up ,got 40 lights total.so I'm well happy with that. Takecare xx

• Posted

Sorry you are still feeling off it Marlene it's not good having something on top of the everyday trials, thinking of you ;-), hope you get your lights put up soon and you enjoy them, I'm sure Babz is doing fine, really hope it refreshes them getting away a bit.  Just hoping hospital don't cancel again, very strange, has anyone known it before? I have never seen anyone yet so I have not been diagnosed with anything, I saw the doctor because my husband  asked for a visit when it first happened and I spent a week in bed being sick and unable to be upright, he said he would arrange for me to have a hospital appointment, which he did. Hope you all have a good night and 'normal' day tomorrow.biggrin Take care x 
    • Posted

Hi!! Well our room is AMAZING!! Biggest most comfy bed ever! Balcony with views out on woodland with chickens, ducks, squirrels and rabbits! My fella is down in the bar having a few beers with the groom. Wedding rehearsal went really well. So I'm getting my head down so in fresh for the morning :-) xxx
    • Posted

Great to hear Babz, carry on enjoying. X
    • Posted

Hi all, hope you are all coping ok and getting some relief from symptoms, not a bad day here a bit unsteady but nothing major although bad neck pain on and off, are you feeling better Marlene I hope so smile and Babz I presume no news is good news cheesygrin which is good. Had a run to a Whitby today it was packed but sunny and warm so that was nice, goodnight everyone hope it's a restful one. X
    • Posted

Wedding was amazing! I've also seen a neuro physio today as well and it was really good xxxx
    • Posted

Hi all hope you are all good :-)   Had my audiology consultation last week, hearing test, balance test, goggles on eye test, breathing test which all went well and they said no ear problem....never thought there was..... So ears have been eliminated, so good so far!  From the 10 page questionnaire and chatting they feel it is MAV as I have had migraines from being a child but as much as I can understand their logic I'm not convinced,  some days now I feel was I ever dizzy? some days oh yes I am.  This morning after a few hectic weeks I decided to have a lay in but I kept getting seconds of dizzy head spins....mmm  that is not migraine?  The dizzy feeling seems to be getting less but is intermittent and out of the blue for just seconds. Darren I did mention glasses (which I have not worn for months now)  but doc wasn't interested I also mentioned my neck which has pained me for 30+ yrs but again he wasn't interested, so I'm left with a dilemma.... do I try migraine treatment ?????   I was also advised to do breathing exercises x3 daily which I'm all for but I did point out the vertigo was frightening so I'm not surprised breathing can go to pot. Anyway any news on your adventures Babz, Marlene, Darren....anyone lol. Take Care x
    • Posted

Hello Deni

I’m glad you’ve had your test and I am glad its not your ears. At least you can tick that off your list then. It seems then he’s diagnosed you with MAV and he’s dismissing everything else. Lets hope he’s right, he does get paid the big bucks after all.

I suppose since he’s the expert to go along with it. Has he prescribed you anything for the migraines and has he given you a time scale to recovery?

The breathing exercises, I guess are to force more oxygen to your head. Dizziness can be caused by lack of oxygen I suppose. All you can do is try it and see if it helps.

Keep us updated Deni :-)

I’ve been working hard to rid myself of any kind of stress in my life and to stop letting things (and people) bother me. I have noticed that when I am stressed I feel much worse and I am guilty of replaying things in my head about conversations I’ve had or I am going to have, which is totally unnecessary and leads to more stress which triggers anxiety which triggers dizziness.

When I was on holiday, I left all my stresses at home and for a short while, I starting to feel better. So stress busting is my current mission !! I think generally I have worked too hard and not played enough and now life’s stresses and strains have been manifesting.

I’m going out more than I have done, I’m having a bit more fun. I know there are some things I can’t do….but when I look back I am so much better than I was 5 years ago and I know I will improve even more during the next 5 years.

All the best !!

• Posted

Hi Deni had trouble getting this thread up on my pad for weeks,did get up our Darren few days ago,saying his was up the shoot in big way,Lovely hearing from you,see your still pretty much the same,Ditto Deni I do take Migraleve for allergy headaches. They've helped me the most,like you balance still with me.dont know like all of us where to go or what to do,seems were in state of permanent limbo land.Magnets in drawer.For past month been nurseing a frozen shoulder but glad through osteopath that's got loads better past week.Never ends any of it,people say be positive yea okay if your okay the one who says it.We can all do that hey Deni. Lovely though I got this thread back.Now to try and keep it.
    • Posted

Well how does the the song go.........Here we go again, .....how did you get back under my skin, swore I'd never let you back in lol.  After 5 months and with about 6 weeks feeling 'me' I'v got dizziness, not the world rotating vomiting type but bad enough to think ..oh no...quite severe bending, turning,  laying still etc     Should I have asked for the migraine treatment as hospital thought it was MAV (but no headache)  after giving all clear for ears although got slight ringing again and ears gently popped a couple of mornings before dizziness..... Maybe I need antibiotics, do I ask for more investigation..would I get it?  ......maybe maybe maybe %$%%>^$.        Ok bring on the action.. walks, car rides, roundabouts, dancing around, PATIENCE.   How are you all? up and running I hope :-)  eeeee uv got to laff   avent u, yay!    My thoughts and prayers are with those going through this ..keep the faith 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.