VERY wrinkled dry glans pics included please help if similar

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi guys (and gals please chime in if husband etc had same and how you treated)...

Had unprotected sex while back , think caused some skin trauma , and I used harsh products to wash it around that time too, so really not sure on exact cause

entire glans is very dry and looks awful , when moistured looks better, however the issue remains and is killing my confidence . negative for sti, tried a fungal cream and steroid cream and minor improvements . the pics dont do it justice really , much crinkled and shiny (different to the normal wrinkles and creases) .l was with just water as seen on all the forums and dry carefully. but then letting it totally dry out, looks awful. coconut oil made it worse for some reason not sure if that a sign of something . had sticky under foreskin at time not sure why , reading can be the skin trauma from chemicals and the skin cells repairing but as enclosed etc ends up sticking

so please has anyone had this level ,and can tell me how you treated it ? (or the level of the other gentleman's case I put link to at bottom)

please someone tell me you had the same as me and the below gentleman and managed to fix it , been a long while now and it is very stressful! thank you

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/wrinkly-and-dry-skin-on-penis-glans-662610?page=0#3658972

imageimageimage.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

anyones improved with steroid creams?

• Edited

Hi man, how are you doing now? any updates? did take any medication, cream...?

• Edited

minor improvements with washing just neutral e45 wash cream , dring strictly, and using epaderm

• Posted

did you talk with your doctor about the possibility of it being bacterial and trying an antibiotic?

• Edited

hi hope this helps someone else. Its clearly damage to the skin, either chemical or bacterial. The skin feels shiney and smooth even though it looks exactly like the pic already posted. I tried canesten thrush cream initally but it stopped any pain etc but didnt do anything else.

The doc based on the above description prescribed clotrimazole & hydrocortisone acetate cream again made by canesten. After 4 days wow no redness and dots clearly improving. After a week no pain and 75% better. After 10 days twice a day i stopped using the cream.

The bad news after a month while full functionality has been restored shall we say... the skin still has a slighly shiny look on the area that was damaged so am worried if this is long term damage to the skin, but time will tell.

• Posted

i agree with skin damage. looks more from chemical and mechanical damage.

• Edited

its mostly in the side of the penis that chafes against your pants or undergarments .

it sure looks dried up but it wont heal as long as it continuously stretches or getting irritated from clothing.

If you use polyester undergarments usually used in dri-fit tech, try switching to 100% cotton .

continue using moisturizers. vaseline would work the best.

it may take upto 8 weeks to see any betterment.

for penis it may be longer as it worsens each time you masturbate. Also, don't use soap for masturbation.

Snug fit briefs would help better than loose fitting ones which might chafe your glans when you walk around.

Hope it helps.

• Posted

hello.. sir i am facing same problem from last 2 year... please tell me some solutions.... please..i request.. please.. its bur... and i tried each and everything... please help

• Posted

When I was younger, Iused soap for the first time when doing it, bad idea. Stop using soap. I had this issue and it cleared up and the dead skin peeled off in under a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.