VERY wrinkled dry glans pics included please help if similar

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi guys (and gals please chime in if husband etc had same and how you treated)...

Had unprotected sex while back , think caused some skin trauma , and I used harsh products to wash it around that time too, so really not sure on exact cause

entire glans is very dry and looks awful , when moistured looks better, however the issue remains and is killing my confidence . negative for sti, tried a fungal cream and steroid cream and minor improvements . the pics dont do it justice really , much crinkled and shiny (different to the normal wrinkles and creases) .l was with just water as seen on all the forums and dry carefully. but then letting it totally dry out, looks awful. coconut oil made it worse for some reason not sure if that a sign of something . had sticky under foreskin at time not sure why , reading can be the skin trauma from chemicals and the skin cells repairing but as enclosed etc ends up sticking

so please has anyone had this level ,and can tell me how you treated it ? (or the level of the other gentleman's case I put link to at bottom)

please someone tell me you had the same as me and the below gentleman and managed to fix it , been a long while now and it is very stressful! thank you

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/wrinkly-and-dry-skin-on-penis-glans-662610?page=0#3658972

imageimageimage.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Bro I'm going through the same problem plss let me know if you have find the way to solve this problem , I'm very upset : ( and the worst thing is that I learnt masturbation in such a young age I mean I started it when I was just 12 and not I'm 16 please help me , I can't tell my parents about it cause it will be awkward then >.< . Please reply when you see it bro .

• Edited

Made an account so I can reply to this thread and hopefully help out my fellow men out there. My case of Balanitis started out over a year ago as a bruise looking mark on the top edge of the glans closest to the foreskin. Thought it was overuse at first so kind of let it rest and waited. Over time the bruise grew bigger and circular and thought maybe I'm getting some kind of cancer, then and I started getting the same wrinkles like the post(not as bad though) going front to back along the glans, with some redness. Recently I started getting a few red spots as well. All this was going on with no itchiness or pain but condition was getting worse and I was starting to freak out. I started researching online and like many of you I'm guessing ran into the same advice such as moisturizing, avoiding washing with soap, underwear material, fungal cream etc. Since I didn't change any lifestyle habits and I've been washing with soap all my life it didn't make sense to me. So I tried using anti fungal clotrimazole cream for a few weeks which helped a little but not much. Tried moisturizing, keeping it dry etc which didn't do much either. Even tried iodine mouth wash to "kill the germs." Whatever you do, Do Not Do that! It dries your dick out like the sahara desert and will make it worse lol. After researching some more I found out that the majority of balanitis cases are one of three reasons, dry skin or psoriasis, fungal, or bacterial. With the majority being bacterial! This is taken from a medical site: "The choice of treatment is guided by the most likely cause of balanitis, which can be established by an experienced urologist. For non-infectious balanitis, corticosteroids are used. For men with fungal balanitis, antifungal creams are used and a corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory) is often added. In cases where the infection appears to be bacterial, triple antibiotic cream or bacitracin ointment is used." After seeing this, I went to my nearest drugstore and bought an OTC Double antibiotic Bacitracin ointment with a mild steroid included. After applying, the next day I can see I was already getting a little better. I'm on my third day now and my balanitis seems to be disappearing. I would recommend still moisturizing after showering and before applying the ointment. I won't be using for more than a week because of the steroid in it. If it isn't completely healed I might try some neosporin cream, or another cream with only bacitracin and other antibiotics with no steroid. Of course I recommend seeing a doctor if you can, what they should do before anything is take a test to see if your infection is fungal or bacterial, most likely one of the two. If its dry skin then it would be easy to know just by moisturizing and you can probably get some cream for that. Anyway, for those that have been trying anti fungals and moisture creams with no relief, I thought this bit of info might help since I wish someone would have told me over a year ago and saved me a lot of stress. Although, it's still early and I'm not completely sure if I would be completely symptom free but I'm hopeful. Finally, some of you might also do better with ointment plus antibiotic meds. So consult a doctor for those. Stay healthy guys. Rock hard! I mean rock on lol. If you want to know the ointment I'm using now is Dolmycorti Ointment(in Japan) There is another one used here that's called ”ClomaiP” that uses a different kind of antibiotic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.