Vibrations in left breast.

Posted , 73 users are following.

Hi. Woke up yesterday with a buzzing feeling in my left boob which went on for most of the day. Not painful but just having this funny feeling going on which lasts for a few seconds then stops, then on again. Still having it today so I have booked to see a doctor this morning as afraid it might be heart related. Anyone else on here had this?

2 likes, 113 replies

113 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I don't know if help this, but I have felt bad after of eat some beef meat, pork meat or other food that not have so much vegetables. After to take some green drink, I tend to feel better. I don't know that happen me body, but I have antecedent of colesterol. I don't know if this will be the problem. Are you check if some food provoke some this  vibrations or reactions.

• Posted

I'm having it right now, all evening. Freaky, but not painful. Like having a buzzer in my pocket. Hy husband is completely freaked out. Is it always the left one? Should i call my doctor?

• Posted

Hi Karen,  when I read your letter, I realized that I haven't been having it anymore.  I had it for several weeks though, off and on.  As you say, it doesn't hurt or anything, it's just kinda freaky!!  And always in the left breast!!  Like having a buzzer in your pocket!!

• Posted

Hi, I just found myself on this feed because I've been getting this buzzing sensation in my left breast for 2 days, it feels like my phone is on vibrate & it's behind the left nipple. It lasts for just a few seconds & then it's gone, it's not painful thankfully. I do feel reassured because I'm not the only one to get this. 

• Posted

Hi Karen, it has always been only the left breath with me. My niece is a general physician and I consulted her on the matter. She stated, she thought it was likely a pulled muscle, but considering I'm 43 that it wouldn't hurt to have a mammogram. I had been doing a lot of lifting and working pretty hard before the event, but I had also been under a lot of stress and have hypertension. The only thing that scares me about the whole thing is that I have a bad habit of resting my cell phone or iPad on my chest while I lay in bed and check emails, surf my social media, etc. Knowing there has to be a certain amount of radiation that is emitted and I am right handed so resting my phone on my left boob is logical. This is by far one of the strangest things I have ever experienced and it's better safe than sorry so I plan to set up a mammogram. I will keep you guys posted on the results, please let me know if any of you get any answers. 🎀

• Posted

Freaky! My left breast is buzzing intermittently too. Hubs thought I was nuts until I found this and said that others have it too.

Maybe between us we could identify a pattern if no doctors can give a satisfactory answer. 

• Posted

Hi! How are you? Do you stil feel it? I have it about 3 weeks ago but it starts only when I walk. In this time I felt it just 3 nights. I will go to doctor but I'm afraid that she will not know what to say to me...

• Posted

My breast started vibrating for about 2 months, I then had my annual Mammagram which showed irregularity. Ended up I had a fibroadenoma. Vibration stopped the day of the biopsy.
    • Posted

That is really interesting!  Mine has started up again, but it's very mild and I feel like it's associate with stress!

• Posted

I've been having the exact same issue the last couple of days, and I've also had it in the past. I have never had it checked out, but have always wondered what caused it. I've noticed it more when:

It's in the run up to the time of my month/I've put a bit of weight on therefore my bra squashes my bigger boob (mine is my left, which is where I get the vibrating/fluttering) meaning it's been squashed a bit and is feeling a bit strained. It also aches a little bit sometimes, and in my most anxious moments, I worry I might be ill (this eventually passes).

I've been working out - this time, I've been going to a lot of classes lately and most are core/upper body based which would make sense.

Finally, and the least glamourous, I find it occurs at the same time I have very bad trapped gas. Which happens because of the first issues (PMT/weight gain), and is made worse by the second issues (exercising anew!).

I have never got it checked out, as I say, because it usually resolves and then doesn't come back for ages (months/years). Hope you all find relief...it's such a horrible and odd feeling. 

• Posted

I know, it scares me with it being the left breast, I am prone to hypertension unfortunately and I always think heart first. This is so strange though how it is so deep. I recently had a mammogram, then a second mammogram, then a breast ultrasound where the found cysts in my right breast, but not the left. They also said my breast tissue was becoming more dense, maybe this is a cause for nerve spasms. It is truly a strange and alerting feeling, hopefully we will all get answers soon. ♥️
  • Posted

So good to know I am not alone in this weird phenomenon! I even googled 'vibrating boob" to see what the heck is wrong.  I am sitting here typing while it's happening.  This started yesterday evening.  I have been working long days with a very busy and demanding catering company.  My husband is also the head chef.  So, yes, stress seems to be the ting.  This is so annoying.

• Posted

Hi! How are you? Do you stil feel it? I feel it about 3 weeks ago but it starts only when I walk...in this 3 weeks I felt it just in 3 nights but I put my hand on my breast and I feel it lower so I can sleep.
  • Posted

I agree!  It doesn't hurt or anything, but it's just so weird.  My stopped a couple of months ago, but I know it could start up again at any time!

• Posted

I have had a buzzing off and on in my left breast the past week or so. No pain. Just like my cell phone is vibrating on it. I finally googled it and ended up here. No stress. No over exertion. It's a mystery.

• Posted

Same! I have had this before and it went away. It came back this morning. Driving me crazy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.