Vibrations in left breast.

Posted , 73 users are following.

Hi. Woke up yesterday with a buzzing feeling in my left boob which went on for most of the day. Not painful but just having this funny feeling going on which lasts for a few seconds then stops, then on again. Still having it today so I have booked to see a doctor this morning as afraid it might be heart related. Anyone else on here had this?

2 likes, 113 replies

113 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Apologies in advance for the long post.

About a year ago I was sat at work when this happened to me out of the blue, didn't hurt as such and lasted for a spilt second, was almost like a static shock sort of feeling but no where near as painful. It was also difficult to tell if the pain was in my breast or in my chest. I naturally thought it was heart related. It really freaked me out and kept happening on and off which made me panicky and dizzy. Went to the doc that afternoon and told it was likely a pulled muscle. After 3 trips to the doc in 4 days, BP was normal, no temperature, oxygen levels normal and a normal ECG I was told it was probably costocondritus. It has come and gone over the last year. A year later I have had 4 ecg's, all normal, blood tests (every thing normal other than slightly low calcium); chest x-ray (normal), saw a cardiologist (doctor sent me for my own piece of mind) who said everything looks normal and at my age (31) I am low risk for heart related problems. Also got refereed for CBT and found to have severe anxiety and low mood (all caused by the above); after waiting 3 months I did online CBT which helped but since xmas I feel like I'm back to square one. Have a feeling of pressure in the centre of my chest, not painful as such just there, almost all the time. I get the shooting pains in my breasts on and off and just generally feel 'off'. Pains in shoulder blades but likely from being so tense all the time. Doctor still thinks it's anxiety but i'm still not convinced. Don't feel like myself anymore, all I want to do is stay home all the time and hate being alone even if my fiancé only pops out for half an hour. If it is anxiety I just can't seem to break the cycle. I went from being convinced it was heart related to now being convinced its breast related (even though I haven't noticed anything different in shape size etc). All I think about it how I feel and just feel nauseas all the time and have been having these strange dizzy spells, I can be sat still but feel like my head is on a boat, so disconcerting.

?I know this probably doesn't answer anyone's questions but I have been finding some comfort knowing I'm not the only one.

• Posted

It looks like I am the only male in the conversation, but I am getting the EXACT same thing as you. I get these weird dizzy spells in class and I have the feeling like I need to throw up. I cannot concentrate in class. This vibration or tremor that happens in my chest is new to me, but I hate hear symptoms. I am afraid and I also refuse to get on medication as I do not want to get too attached to them. It helps a lot to know that I am not the only one going through this. I feel like I am slowly dying. I am 16 years old, will be 17 in July. These symptoms are taking over my life and I cannot be myself at school anymore. I am also getting the sense of unreality, like I am not real. I get headaches EVERYDAY. My vision is dim and like a blueish color. It’s annoying. Always told it’s Anxiety and Health Anxiety. I’m scared and irritated with this. I’ve had this since October 2017.
    • Posted

Alex,

I'm not a physician, but I have some knowledge about a thing called Sudden Cardiac Arrest, you are having some symptoms that MIGHT be a sign of and underlying cardiac problem. I don't want to scare you or give you anxiety, but I recommend a visit to a Cardiologist to rule out any heart conditions. And DO NOT drink any energy drinks, they can increase anxiety and have been found to lead to serious conditions, even death. Talk to your parents and do some research on SCA. Reduce your stress, get rest and meditate if needed. I hope you feel better and get some answers.

• Posted

Ask cardiologist for a Holter monitor, if you have the feeling it's your heart then I would pursue answers. Better safe than sorry

Good luck, hope you get some answers amd relief.

• Posted

Hi! How are you now? Its gone? I feel it and its driving me crazy...how do you manage this? Thank you!
    • Posted

Hi! How are you? You are ok? I feel this about 3 weeks ago and its driving me crazy. I dont know what to do. I will go to the doctor but I am afraid that she will dont now what is it
    • Posted

Hi. How do you feel? I feel a vibration in my arm fingers and its driving me crazy. What did you do? you are ok? how do you manage this? thank you!

• Posted

I noticed my left breast buzzing . I had ablation Feb 14. was suppose to have it again Friday but cancelled. I noticed the buzzing a couple of days ago. told hubby it was like a phone in my breast. I don't feel any pain or any feeling. I thought it was me. just buzzing. thought it was me. I haven't been back to doc. I am coming off cardiac XT .

• Posted

Curious, are any of you wearing an electronic device like fit bit or similar?
    • Posted

Yes, I wear Fitbit on my left wrist. My right breast had the vibration and was a fibroadenoma; vibration stopped after drained during biopsy. I still wear fit bit. I don’t think it’s related but an interesting idea.
  • Posted

I called my Cadiologist in Savanah. today. They said it is mild afib.
  • Posted

This same thing started happening tonight...left breast, like phantom phone vibrations, but in my breast not my pocket/leg...quite a bit of stress today, and the past few days...good to know I'm not the only one! Going to pay more attention for the next few days

• Posted

The buzzing/vibration in left breast has started again!  I think that for me it's definitely stress-related.  I've decided that when I feel it, I will let it be a reminder to slow down, take some deep breaths, and perhaps do some postive affirmations!  (PS:  yes, I'm also a therapist!)

• Posted

Hello! How are you? I feel the same thing about 2 weeks ago but only when I walk. When I stay calm or in bed I don't feel it. You feel it by night? In this 2 weeks I felt it just 2 times in the night...I don t know what it is and I am scared that no one on this topic found out what it is. I wish you all the best and keep in touch...maybe we will find a solution!! Hope so...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.