Vitamin D deficiency success stories

Posted , 122 users are following.

I am in the midst of this deficiency trying to recover from the horrible symptoms that it can cause. I want to hear from people who have overcome this deficiency and how they did it. If there was adverse affects of long term use of vitamin d supplements.

How long did it take to make a full recovery and any hurdles you ran into along the way.

I am just in need of encouragement right now from this deficiency. It has stopped me in my tracks and life just stopped for me. Being frozen in time while everyone continues on with their life while I suffer and wrestle with the symptoms.

Dealing with doctors who are not knowledgeable with this deficiency can be very frustrating.

Please share your story so I know after the storm comes a rainbow. Your stories will bring encouragement and hope not only to me but for everyone out there searching for answers on vitamin d deficiency.

Thank you and God bless!

11 likes, 448 replies

448 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hii.. 

i was diagnosed in october 2017 with VDD ( level 16.8 ng/ml) .

Symptomes : Headache(  On top and posterior of the head) ,head pressure, Tinnitus (24/7), weakness in arms and legs, muscle twitching (legs), dizziness, nausea, brain fog, low concentration, poor memory, depression, anxiety, palpitation, high pulse rate ( 120+/bpm), sometimes High Systolic Pressure (170/80).

Tests (cardiology, ENT, neurology, blood tests, Thyroid, abdominal Ultrasounds, head CT, head MRI, chest X-ray ) all was normal, Except low vitamin D level.

started to take Vitamin D3 5000 IU for 1 week, then increased to d3 10.000 iu + Magnesium + Multivitamin.

now 3rd week, and feel much much better , No nausea, no Dizziness, only some posterior headaches specially in the morning and very little tinnitus which sometimes disappear, palpitations tend to come and go.

• Posted

Were your Vitamin B12 and Folate levels tested as tinnitus can be a sign of a B12 deficiency?
    • Posted

Hi clivealive,

Yes Vitamin B12 and Folate levels are Normal

• Posted

I'm so glad that you are doing much better. I wish in the beginning I should have started low on vitamin d like you and took magnesium and a multivitamin. Instead of the 50,000k the doctor gave me and not knowing that I was already low on other minerals and vitamins, it was a disaster.

Now trying to replete my magnesium has been the most difficult, once it hits rock bottom.

It's good to hear from people who have gotten better on vitamin d without the horrible side effects that it can cause.

• Posted

Hi I just wanted to ask how you are doing? I was also diagnosed with vitamin d deficiency in october 2017 , my level was 10ng /ml . I had the same test done as you but everything was normal . My doctor prescribed me 60000 iu d3 once a week , I took it for 4 weeks and couldn't take it anymore as it was so painful but now since not taking d3 for two weeks I feel like my bones are going to break it's so bad. And I can't find magnesium and lower dose vitamin d 3 anywhere I live , and the doctors I have seen aren't helpful at all, what do you think I should do continue with high dose vitamin d 3? I was also taking calcium with d3.

• Edited

Vitamin d will pull calcium from your bones and raise your blood calcium, that's why your bone hurts. Very important to take vitamin k2 to put back the calcium where it belongs.

Try magnesium oil spray or foot soak in magnesium chloride flakes 4-5 times a week depending how deficient you are. As for vitamin d, if it makes you feel bad stop taking it and talk to your gp. Some people cannot tolerate vitamin d.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Edited

Hi sunny,

its better to take 10.000 iu /day , with magnesium 400 mg, and Vitamin k2 (mk7) 100mcg... try to order from the internet...

now i feel better... still have some headache and weakness.. but no dizziness and no palpitation.. generally i feel better

• Posted

Hi

I've read about your vd deficiency. Same happened to me, doctor found 16 on my blood test. He prescribed 250.000iu d3 for 3 months ( 1 each mth) my questions for you since you have experience are the following:

1- how long it take for the supplement to take effect because iv just finished the last one 2 weeks ago.

2- could I top it up with daily supplement of 1000iu from now on

3- when to retest to check vd level

I would really appreciate if you or anyone answer these questions and any suggestions regarding the subject. Cheers

• Posted

Hello faour,

How you doing now...

My vdd was less than 10... Also blood pressure shoot up ...

What's ur D level now... And is high BP related to Deficiency?

Stay healthy....

• Edited

Hi Taro,

I recovered successfully  from Vit D deficiency.My Symptoms were fatigure muscle weakness and lack of interest.

But i recovered successfully. You would also don't worry it takes around 6 months to fully get out of it.

• Posted

Hi Taro,

I have experiencing worst Symptoms iike weakness in arms and legs, dizziness, nausea, brain fog, low concentration,  depression, anxiety, palpitation, Panic attacks, Feeling nervous, high pulse rate from 5th November 2017.

Tests (cardiology, ENT, neurology, blood tests, Thyroid, head CT,  chest X-ray ) all was normal, Except low vitamin D level,and dated 19-Dec-2017 vitamin D 4.4 was diagnosed.

I am taking  weekly Vitamin D3 tablets for that, Can you please let me know how many month will require for getting well soon.

• Posted

don't stop taking vitamins d3 even if you start to feel better .... but I will say around 2-3 months you should feel a huge diffent

• Posted

My vitamin d at present is 10 ng 

Which is very risky how immediately I can recover from it 

• Posted

you should take 3000ius-5000ius vitamin d3 a day ... 2-3 months you should start feeling more better , I know it could stressful going thru this process but take your vitamins and keep hope alive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.