Warm sensation inside leg but not hot to touch

Posted , 99 users are following.

I have severe health anxiety and have been experiencing every symptom for the past 4 months. Recently I have developed a new sensation which of course sent me into a panic all over again. I am getting a warm sensation on the outer side of my left knee but it's not hot to touch. It feels like a hot cup of coffee was put against it or I rubbed Bengay on it. It only lasts for a few seconds and then goes and comes again off and on throughout the day. It's just a spot about the size of a ball that feels internally warm. Does anyone else experience this. I googled and now I am in a panic thinking it's a serious neurological disease. Please help sad

5 likes, 131 replies

131 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello!

I am having the exact same sensation on the back of my leg behind my left knee. It's warm and kinda wet. It's not hot to the touch and it only comes in flashes. It doesn't last long. I too have horrible anxiety problems especially about my health. The most common causes I have heard about this sensation is anxiety (we worry so much that we mess up our blood flow with adrenaline and other factors) and of course pinched nerves. I also have issues with sciatica and repetitive motion issues through my work. I am certain that it's stress and/or a nerve problem. I haven't had it checked out yet but I am due for a visit to the chiropractor. You are not alone. Anxiety is such a health drainer! I am almost certain that it is an adverse effect of worry and anxiety. I plan on keeping an eye on it but trying not to let it get me down. It's comforting in a way to know I'm not alone in this. I hate anxiety!

• Posted

This is so weird, when I googled this subject I was sure I wouldn't find anything or anyone who experienced it also but.....here we all are. I have just recently started feeling this same thing, a warm to hot sensation on the front of my right shin several times a day only for a few seconds. I too have horrible anxiety and ptsd so of course my first reaction was oh my god I'm dying...but obviously I am not. I for the longest time was sure I had blood clots even after I'd had my legs checked several times. I did just within the last 6 months have a procedure on both of my legs called venefit to close off the greater saphenous veins because they were not pumping the blood back up efficiently it's called venous reflux but anyway I have a feeling this is a nerve thing. I am gonna give it another couple of weeks and then if it does not go away. I will get it checked out. I hope we all get some answers soon 😊

• Posted

I also think it's a nerve thing. Since mine ended up going away, I wonder if it was a pinched nerve.

• Posted

I, too, have this sensation in my left leg...started recently. I do have some anxiety and also low hormone levels...just recently got bio identical hormone replacement pellet therapy. I'm also about 15 pounds heavier than my optimal weight. Just wondering if any of that could cause the warm sensation. I have no pain and it's not hot to the touch.

• Posted

I just experienced this today...I have anxiety as well so I'm freaking out lol I also have a Vit D deficiency. This sensation has come and gone several times today and I'm convinced I have a blood clot 😳 

If if I get one symptom, I google it and google tells me I'm dying of cancer lol 😢😜😫

• Posted

Hi Stephanie. Just wondering what other symptoms you are getting cos I also suffer with anxiety big time and have recently discovered that I have Vitamin D deficiency.  Perhaps we could have similar symptoms. Not sure what are symptoms of anxiety and what could be the vit D.  Its a viscious circle isn't it ?   Luv Lily x

• Posted

I just experienced this today...I have anxiety as well so I'm freaking out lol I also have a Vit D deficiency. This sensation has come and gone several times today and I'm convinced I have a blood clot 😳 

If if I get one symptom, I google it and google tells me I'm dying of cancer lol 😢😜😫

• Posted

I Googled this symptom and found this group. About 8 weeks ago I started working out 6 days a week, nothing to high intensity as I have a damaged right knee so I keep everything low impact. About two weeks ago the back of my right leg calf up to mid thigh felt just like you described, like someone was pouring hot coffee down my leg, there is no pain, no heat to the touch, its internal, it happens while I sit, stand and workout. I would venture to say 3 times a day I experience it. Would love to know what it is, I have not suffered from anxiety for over 4 years now. I did for many years prior but no longer. Any new developments in would be interested in hearing and would be appreciated.
  • Posted

Did you ever find out what was causing the hot spot on your leg? I don't have anxiety normally, but did start having an intermittent hot spot on the top of my left thigh that comes and goes and I'm starting to get a bit worried.

• Posted

I didn't ever find out what was causing it but I'm told it's all anxiety and tension. Mine went away for probably 7 months and now its back again. It's just a warm sensation that lasts a few seconds and goes away and then comes again randomly throughout the day. It's mostly on my left outer side of my knee. I had a nervous breakdown last year my anxiety was so bad and I had all kinds of symptoms at the time and this was just another. It lasted for all but 4 or 5 months and then went away. How often are you getting it

• Posted

It happens about 8-10 times an hour...maybe more. Hoping it just goes away!
    • Posted

Lol it was the same for me too. I have no idea what it is but it did go away for months and just came back a couple weeks ago. I currently have it now. I literally was freaking out when it first started for months I thought I was dying or had ms or cancer or something. I was a mess and couldn't get out of bed. I started having panic attacks which I never had before. It was by far the worst time of my life I'm the last year and I was just starting to feel normal again and then this sensation came back. I'm just trying to ignore it hoping it will go away again like it did before.

• Posted

Hello I had to register to reply I usually don't take the time to register but I definitely have to reply because there must be a reason that is more to our human understanding as to why so many of us are experiencing the same leg warm with really no other explanation and specifically 2016 and there's also a reason why we were prompted to go on Google to find answers to this mystery thing that is happening to us I truly honestly feel it's also something spiritual is anyone else a believer?

• Posted

Also I have not been diagnosed with anxiety
    • Posted

I am a believer, but when you say spiritual what do you mean, in what way?
    • Posted

Without getting technical I pretty much meant as far as being spiritual believing in the things that are said to come in the future from the Bible and also to believe that there's a physical world and a spiritual world.

• Posted

This is so weird guys, I mean what if it was something spiritual.. It actually has me excited. I mean I could just have a big imagination but God does work in ways we can't comprehend. I have had this symptom in the past when I had anxiety problems but since they've been under control it went away. It's now back and I'd say it happens about five or six times a day. No pain, just internal heat lasting about five seconds or less then gone. I'm a Christian and very involved in spiritual matters. It's crazy to think we are all coming here in 2016 😁God could be up to something, who knows! However I've not gone to the doc for this. I was in a wreck in 2011 and went to the chiropractor and discovered I had a pinched nerve in my neck but I have no idea if that has anything to do with it. I have some varicose veins on my legs but I'm pretty active and not overweight, I'm a nanny so I stay busy. Best of luck to all of you! Remember, the anxiety doesn't have to control you. I spent far too many years being a slave to it but I found my freedom in Jesus Christ ??

• Posted

Just yesterday i started geting this same exact sensation. I was driving i felt like extra heat on my right shin only. I turned off the heat. Later in the day it happened again only for a few seconds and its been happening at random periodically since. Im low on vitamin D as most are. My father has vascular disease so I'm wondering if its the onset of that.. I just find it so strange that this many people feel this same thing. Im very in tune with changes in my body. Im sensitive. So just kinda figured its the onset of vascular disease (im 33) or something from an unseen world touching me... Its not a blood clot it is not warm to the touch. The heat is internal. I will make a dr appointment after the holiday..

• Posted

Hi...yes I was driving as well when I started feeling this sensation. I haven't felt it since the week I did feel it....IDK...😉

• Posted

"I have some varicose veins on my legs but I'm pretty active and not overweight, I'm a nanny so I stay busy", sounds like me...Hehe I was a nanny for 10 years

• Posted

How bizarre, I just googled this exact same weird thing expecting there to be nothing and this! I am also a Christian :-)  I'm not worried about it but was trying to research to see if it's worth a trip to the doctor or not. It started last night and is a hot sensation of a small area inside my outer left leg but not warm on the outside to touch. It lasts only  

briefly then comes back at various intervals throughout the day. So strange....

• Posted

Same thing. But after reading your post I decided to register which is something I also hate But I don't have varicose vein's probably never will never any anxiety but all the sudden my right thigh starts feeling like my phone is overheating in my pocket So here We are??

No health issues here. M 45 145

• Posted

I honestly can't believe how many people have experienced the same feeling. I was driving in my car last week and felt the outside of my right shin get really warm and thought a vent was blowing heat on my leg. Obviously it wasn't, and my leg wasn't warm to the touch. I have had issues with Vitamin D in the past and I'm wondering if that's the common link between everyone on here. I don't have any anxiety issues about my health or in general, I was just curious what I could find out so I googled it. I'm also 33, so I thought your post was the most similar to mine. I'm going to take my calcium with Vitamin D for the next few days and see if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.