Warm sensation inside leg but not hot to touch

Posted , 99 users are following.

I have severe health anxiety and have been experiencing every symptom for the past 4 months. Recently I have developed a new sensation which of course sent me into a panic all over again. I am getting a warm sensation on the outer side of my left knee but it's not hot to touch. It feels like a hot cup of coffee was put against it or I rubbed Bengay on it. It only lasts for a few seconds and then goes and comes again off and on throughout the day. It's just a spot about the size of a ball that feels internally warm. Does anyone else experience this. I googled and now I am in a panic thinking it's a serious neurological disease. Please help sad

5 likes, 131 replies

131 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have been feeling this sesation for about 2 weeks now have you found out what it was?
    • Posted

I had it for about 3 months eceryday constantly when my anxiety was at its highest and it just went away. I still get it in random spots once in a while but i ignore it and it goes away. Drs all told me it was anxiety. I still dont really know but it will go away its just annoying and if you have health anxiety like me it can send you in a panic
  • Posted

Anxiety can cause anything and if you're not having any other intense neurological symptoms like loss of balance, muscle weakness and so on then just ignore it. It wants your attention, don't give it any. I did this with my eye for 4 months.. and trust me it got me into a deep hole i couldnt get out of.. my eye pain got so bad i thought the sun and lights were making them hurt, so i barely went outside. Looking back on it, it's comical. 

• Posted

I am so happy to find out that I am not the only one experiencing this! Just a little round area on my left calf, feels like, just the same as everyone else. Touching a warm cup of coffee against it, or if the sunlight was focused on this one spot. From reading everyone elses comments, seems that the common thread is anxiety, which I also suffer from. I've been debating wheather or not to go to the dr office, cuz he always tells me the same. Stress. I got a bunch of weird sensations, and all stem from Anxiety. It's a futher mucker. Good luck to all of you!

• Posted

I started to get this warm sensation in my right shin last Friday,I wondered whether it may be a blood flow issue,I'm already taking warfarin for a clot in my brain a few years back so I'm not worried but I am diabetic too,I put this one down to nerve damage from Thursday night,I fitted a carpet and spent a time on my knees as well as using a kicker,I don't expect it to last forever but will see a doctor I'd it doesn't go away in a week or so.

• Posted

Im not sure what it is. I had mine for a few months everyday before it went away and it happened when my anxiety was it its highest. Im not sure if anxiety was the cause or if it was a blood flow issue bc at the time i was laying in bed all day everyday for months and not doing anything bc i felt so bad.
  • Posted

My warm sensation is top of right thigh. I'm hoping its a nerve

• Posted

Hi there i see im a bit late to the conversation but i too have been experiencing a hotspot on the back of my right thigh as well as spots in my arm and on face feels like hot water or hot flushes with no apparent reason.

I have had anxiety in the past but dont feel anxious now, am on Zoloft and have Vit D deficiency too. Wondering if anyone got to the bottom of it? Its been 3 weeks now and i am well and truly over it.

• Posted

i am 16 i also get this i dont know how to describe it burning sensation i have been told it is growing pains i get it in my knees and back of shin it is kind of painfull but barable it used to make me cry when i was younger i would love to know what it is as well.

sorry for lack of punctuation i am dyslexic 

• Posted

Dude me too like someone placed a hot golf ball on the outside of my right knee and just recently on my left foot i have to ask anyone here takin suboxone or gabapentin/neurontin? I also have suffered from extreme anxiety and panic attacks before
    • Posted

Went to get doppler test on 5 /1 waiting for test results. My oncology said it might be nerve related to my lung cancer surgery. Going to surgeon on friday maybe he can give me more info.
    • Posted

Also is anyone on multi vitamins or ebergy drinks wondering about niacini take a multi vitamin everyday
    • Posted

I take prenatals (not pregnant) and vitamin D... my Vitamin D is low.... I also take one a days but not everyday... I ran out of the prenatals and the sensation has stopped
    • Posted

I do take suboxone and also do suffer from anxiety. Fn sucks bro

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.