Weak muscles, shaky body, pins and needles and anxiety

Posted , 65 users are following.

Hi, I've had anxiety for years and most of my family suffers from it. Recently I've been having pins and needles, burning feeling in my hands or feeling of numbness in my finger tips. When I wake up in the morning I feel very shaky inside and today I've felt my legs shaking throughout the day and feeling weak. I'm feeling so overwhelmed by it and convincing myself  I have MS. It's literally preoccupies my mind throughout the day and I feel like I'm driving myself crazy checking for symptoms. I've been seeing therapist for years and I've been fine for years but for some reason it hit me hard again beginning of this year. Does anyone have similar symptoms? 

10 likes, 114 replies

114 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Mine is Pseudodementia cased from deep depression for years as well as a 18-7 job that exhaust me over the last five years.  I had MRI, blood test, wore a monitor, nerve blocks to my head, nerve test on hands and feet and all kinds of meds. Pseudodementia can take on all kinds of symtoms. Mine is becoming Parkasons. I have all these symtoms as well as a severe head ache that only nerve blocks can help. this is on the entire right half of my head. Loss of memory also. good luck
  • Posted

I feel shaky ..my hands keep shivering and i cant even hold a pen. i have n idea why....i thought it was my nasal drops side effects...now im not so sure...help!
    • Posted

Hi there,I can't believe the amount of sufferers on here,I'm going through hell at the moment with anxiety and trapped nerves in my knock and spine,if I move funny it reels like I'm having a stroke 😢Had all the tests MRI mar ct bloods etc etc etc and the conclusion my doctor said is pinched nerves in my cervical spine caused with spondylitis I've had for years,the thing is I still think they've missed something mote serious and it's making me very anxious to were its ruining my life now x

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

How are you feeling you. I am exactly facing same thing. My MRI is clear and doctor says its due to anxiety.

• Posted

Hi i feel so sorry for the way you are feeling i get the same symptoms to and have really bad anxiety i thought the same thing when i started feeling this way. i wrote posts asking the same thing because i couldnt understand how anxiety can cause so much of this. I now have gallstones and i am waiting for surgery to have my gallbladder out which has also made my panic attacks and anxiety so much worse i get all the symptoms you said and more. Have you been to your doctors and speak to them about how your feeling they might be able to help you. I hope this helped abit and i know how your feeling because anxiety is a horrible thing to have but i really do hope you feel better soon keep me updated and always here if you need to chat take care from carmella 
  • Posted

Hello, sorry to hear that everyone is also suffering from these symptoms. I have been suffering from pins and needles in the left hand side of my face with sharp shooting pains in my head every so often and numbness in my arm and leg on the left side, I am constantly shaking (worse in the cold) and my ear feels blocked rolleyes I wake up in a Panic every morning because I just don't feel right, I have had blood tests and I am back and forth at the doctors, I feel like I can't do normal daily activities now as my head is constantly overthinking and worrying/googling everything! Could all this just be anxiety it's so scary!

• Posted

I too have the same symptoms,what can I do to get rid of them?

• Posted

i have same symptoms, how to overcome from this ??
    • Posted

I have been to a stress class and found it really useful, I have tried putting my symptoms at the back of my head and continuing daily routines, even if I found it difficult x
  • Posted

Hi this sounds exactly like myself!

Do you have body shakes all the time and then a severe body tremor that lasts about 10 minutes on the inside?

• Posted

I did when it was really bad, and yeah I feel like my muscles are vibrating it's a weird awful feeling, I have constant pins and needles too x

• Posted

I have constant vibration in body too how did u help ease tremors? Do you feel like u can't walk on legs I feel like it's so hard to take it that this is just anxiety x

• Posted

Yeah I do, Iv found it really difficult to put it all down to anxiety, but talking to people who experience the same helps, Iv been to doctors so many times, I think the worst and it's so awful, but I'm getting to the point where I have to ignore it and it is helping slowly I'm not experiencing it as much, try keep active and mind occupied with other things x

• Posted

Awww ino am trying my hardest it's the physical symptoms that knock me back ,

I've recently been diagnosed with a heart arrythmia aswell which I think makes things worse thanks for the replys does help speaking to others in same situation x

• Posted

Oh my gosh, you sound exactly like me. I have been dealing with this since Jan 2017. Then in February I started having tacheycardia. They wew able to detect it on an ekg and found out it was SVT  (AVNRT)

When for an ablation last June / 16 but ut was unsuccessful.

But the anxiety I have experienced are all physical symptoms.

I lost 30 pounds. My legs would shake and jerk and I could not control them. Balance all off. They would physocally jerk even when sitting or laying doen.

And many many other physical thing.  

I went on 2 medications., but since I am wanting to redo the ablation, I have to be off both medications. doing the weaning thing right now, and it is not pleasant

Can you relate?

PM me anytime if you want to chat

Hugs

• Posted

Sorry, meant to say that I have been dealing with this since Jan 2016
    • Posted

It's awful isn't it hun x

In January I started having all strange symptoms which were

Weak legs

Dizziness

Could hardly walk

Shaking

Tremors when falling asleep

Shakes all the time

Tender spot on head

Struggling to breathe so ended up going to a&e and just on off chance they done a ecg An found it they have said it's benign and I see cardiologist every 6 months now but I can't help but worry about it all time or every symptom I get I feel all the pvcs or my body just feels like it's hit by a bus all the time it's so hard to take in that this is anxiety I have had bloods mri ultra sound of heart chest X-ray an everythin coming back normal which is brilliant just think there has to be somethin more x

Do you still feel the same way now xx

• Posted

I do but it has gotten better. My legs no longer do the craziness. But from the moment my eyes open in the morning it starts.

I had started the anxiety crap as I mentioned Jan/16 and then the tachey started in aafeb. Not knowing when it will happen is the worst. in a split second I heart rate will go to 180. Sometimes 15 minutes and other times, it can last hours.  

This is not life threatening but very scary, I went on beta blockers for it but came off because of the side affects that were nasty.

What  exactly do you feel with your heart?

The leg thing was the worst. And feeling all off balance and felt like I was walking on a boat. 

It certainly can create alot of other crap

how long have you been dealing with this?

• Posted

It's frightening isn't it x

I feel so many normal beats then next thing it feels like a pause in my heart rythem then a thud in my chest An the rythem continues it's so scary also when I'm still I can see my top moving slightly we're my heart is beating x

I have been going threw this since Jan but feels like forever,

Yeh I also feel weak and off balance I also av shakes all the time do you? Do they think yours is caused threw anxiety am on propanlol for heart and for the tremors x

• Posted

i. I know your post is 11 months old but I just read it and it reminds me of myself. I suffer from anxiety and refuse to take medication. I'm just so tired of seeing dr after dr. I'm just wondering how you are feeling today?

I'm also feeling weakness in my legs and in arms most of the time. I'm worried about lot.

I have visited many doctors including GP, internist, cardiologist and neurologist, they told me that u have anxiety. My cardiologist took ECG, there its shown sinus arithmyia but when he took other test to evaluate like ECHO AND TMT these were normal, cardiologist told me that you don't have problem related to heart. But from one year I'm feeling that most of the time I don't have energy in my legs and in arms.

Please help me if someone can. Thnx

• Posted

Sorry, I did not see your post.

My legs have been better,but I have been on 2 anxiety medications.  I am noe in the process of weaning off those drugs starting last March. it is a long process, and not pleasant.

In order for me to have a 2nd attempt for an ablations for SVT, i have to be 100% off these drugs, so that is my mission.

I do still get some crazy stuff happening though. Hard not to focus on it.  I am not sure whether it is the weaning off the drugs or simply the anxiety.   Not nice

• Posted

Hi there,

just was wondering how yu are doing now

• Posted

I have the same symptoms as you I know it's an old post how are you feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.