What are these skin tag looking things around my vaginal opening ?

Posted , 43 users are following.

i never really looked at my vagina until recently and noticed these flesh colored skin tag looking things my husband thinks they are normal and he obviously sees the inside of my vagina lips a a lot more than i ever have i don't know how long they have been there i have had 3 children last baby was feb 2018 please help! they do not hurt or anything but i am having horrible anxiety about it and any doctor i have seen had been judgemental asking about anything to do with issues down there i also do not have a gyno right now because i owe money they say from years ago which i cant figure out image

5 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I just want to thank you for posting this. I have the same thing and have been freaking out because I was diagnosed with BV and yeast right before I noticed them. Negative for all common STDs but have been worried it could be HPV since this doesn't show up in men. going to my GP tomorrow. Do you have any follow up to this? I also have three kids and my last was March of 2018. mine are not painful or anything either.

• Posted

what did you find out? I have the same thing

• Posted

probably with vaginal reconstructive surgery, however I know insurance wont cover that and I'm not rich

but if i was haha I would do it.

• Posted

I just went to my OBGYN. They are normal. She is actually going to remove them for me next week since I'm self conscious about them and insurance does cover it!

• Posted

same!! thank you all for posting. I have the SAME damn thing and JUST noticed it for the first time a few nights ago. have been googling everything under the sun and too am only finding things like cancer!! called the doctor today to schedule an appt but waiting for a call back. I also have 3 children, my youngest was born in dec 2017. My significant other is currently in prison and I havent had intercourse since dec 2018 so I was thinking maybe they have something to do with not being sexually active for such a long period of time but thanks to you guys Im gonna rule that out. ahhhh these darn bodies of ours I tell ya!!! ill post what I find out after my appt.

• Posted

same!! thank you all for posting. I have the SAME damn thing and JUST noticed it for the first time a few nights ago. have been googling everything under the sun and too am only finding things like cancer!! called the doctor today to schedule an appt but waiting for a call back. I also have 3 children, my youngest was born in dec 2017. My significant other is currently in prison and I havent had intercourse since dec 2018 so I was thinking maybe they have something to do with not being sexually active for such a long period of time but thanks to you guys Im gonna rule that out. ahhhh these darn bodies of ours I tell ya!!! ill post what I find out after my appt.

• Posted

I have the same and scrolled the internet for answers I've been to the doctor and all she said was it's nothing to worry about but still I dont no what it could b, I have a new partner and I'm so embarrassed by the look of my vagina I think mine is worse than the pics above tho, I've had 5 kids 4 vaginal births my last being March 2018 and have only recently noticed mine and it felt lumpy as u enter my vargine so I looked all smooth not painful and all healthy with no problems down there at all bar the look of it 😦

• Posted

i never wanted to look at my vagina after having kids but my husband knows me down there very well lol so i freaked when i looked and seen them everyone says its normal to have those pieces of skin or whatever they are bumps nears vaginal opening especially after kids mine dont hurt wouldent have known they were there and my husband says its normal to him we been together 10 years i wasnt able to get ibto my gyno because somehow i owe them thousands?? id have to drive hours to see one i did find a new promary doctir that does exams but she wants me to wait one more year or 6 months my last pap was march 2018 i just wanted her to take a look at least but it was my intake appointment

• Edited

I am so happy I found this and I am not alone! I'm a mother if 2, both vaginal deliveries. I am 39 now I gave birth to my 2nd daughter at 31. I did not start noticing this until about 3 years ago and it was only like 2 bumps. They do not hurt but make me so self conscious and embarrassed! They keep getting worse. I asked my gyno if I can have them removed he said it is normal, but i still do not think its normal.I hate it. image

• Edited

my wife has the same bumps. I notice them like 3 months ago. at the same time I found a lot of tiny bumps my glands I was tested for all stds all became neg. but I wasnt check for hvp. Im wondering if my bumps are related to her bumps. tomorrow she has Ob apointment. did your doctor tell you what are those bumps?

• Edited

no he has nothing! My doctor says they ate completely normal!!! This was a little over a month ago. Seems like when i have sex now they get sore and enlarged for a few days. When this virus lockdown is over I'm going back and seeing if they can be removed because they are starting to get sore and irritated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.