WHAT CUT DID YOU HAVE??

Posted , 10 users are following.

I AM JUST CURIOUS... HOW MANY WOMEN HAD "ABDOMINAL" CUT, "BIKINI LINE CUT", "VAGINALLY", 'THROUGH THE BELLY BUTTON" OR OTHER...

iF YOU HAD ABDOMINAL.. HOW MANY STAPLES/STITCHES DID YOU HAVE???

I HAD FULL ABDOMINAL, 22 STAPLES... NICE LINE STRAIGHT DOWN sad

WHAT DID YOU HAVE?

3 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had full abdominal, straight down cut and 16 or 17 staples, I didn't count them at the time but took photos so counted them from the photo lol  
    • Posted

YEP... THATS WHAT I HAD... DID THEY KINDA GO AROUND THE BELLY BUTTON TO START??

I HAVE A 1/2 CUT AROUND THAT.. ITS WIERD...

YOU TOOK PHOTOS... I WISH I DID!

• Posted

I'll let you know when I've been 'done'! ATM it is planned for a horizontal abdominal cut along my C Section scar xxx
    • Posted

WOW...THEY DO THAT LIKE RIGHT NEXT TO THE OTHER SCAR?? SO THAT WON'T BE AS EASY TO SEE.. RIGHT?!?!?

YES.. .LET US KNOW!  smile

• Posted

Thats what my consultant said last time I saw him, I hope he sticks to it and doesn't go vertical otherwise I might end up looking like a treasure map....you know 'X' marks the spot! wink x
    • Posted

I like that... X marks the spot, LOL..

Hey.. .we have to lighten up sometimes.. it helps!

• Posted

abdominal bikini cut 23 staples  and internal stitches, removal of staples 10 days post op was awful as a couple were crooked (the end 2) but healed well 
    • Posted

WOW... that's a good size... so that cut won't show?!?!

wish I couldhave had that sad

Didn't it feel wierd when they tugged the staples out?!?!?  I had a oouple tight ones.. HURTcoming out...

Glad you are getting better!

• Posted

Hi I had the same a full Abdominal cut up & down, but not so nice. I Had 38 Staples 4 went right up passed my Belly Button my Scar is very wide in places & 1 year & 3 days later it is still very Red slightly more purple @ the Bottom, numb & every time I feel it it is very thick & raised. I still don't feel well even after all this time....frown
    • Posted

OMG... that's horrible!  sad

So many!!!!!   sad

Did you have  a large fibroid???

I am at the 8 weeks POST OP, and that is how I am now.. THICK, NUMB, AND RAISED... the dr. said it would go to a small thin red line... is that what you were told too???  What did they say on your healing??

• Posted

I had very Bad Endometriosis & cysts on my ovaries the Endo  had stuck to my Bowel, Had a lot of other treatments before I had to have the Hysterectomy this was my Last choice & it was a Big choice as I was 37 & have no Children. They said I couldn't go on HRT as the Endo can grow back with the Hormone replacement so they give me a Tablet for Hot Flushes & told Me it would Heal to a Silvery line but it hasn't, also I was a Curvey Lady with Small waist but big hips, but since my waist has nearly doubled in size & I can't shift it. I am so depressed, It's a year & a few days & the only good thing to come out of this is that I have stopped Bleeding as this is how the whole thing Started as I was having my Period for 7 days heavy then I started to brown stain everyday for nearly 3 years....sad
    • Posted

Hi Blueflowers sad

I am SO sorry to hear about all this.  I see you had so many issues sad  I am glad to hear at least your bleeding is done,and that staining is done... I Too had that bleeding and staining for YEARS!  I had to wear liners every single day, even change them sad  I am now 52... now I just have a huge swelly belly sad 

I am glad you are ok.. but I couldn't imagine all you went through...

You are a strong woman!  If you can get through all that, you can do ANYTHING!  I hope this New Year will be a healthy one for you!!!!

PS... I was told silvery line too.. its a THICK  REDDISH CORD LOOKING LINE.. horrible sad  I hate the feel of it... but someone at work told me.. "embrace your scars"  you went through something , they are part of you,you are better because of them... guess he's right sad 

• Posted

Thank-you for your Beautiful words, I will embrace my Scars with pride and be thankful I made it through. I am 39 now in a few weeks. I felt / feel down at time's & since I got this all done I look @ things differently, but I have went to a depression drop in group & this has helped me so much. Big Belly & all if you like Me you like Me for the Person & Not the way you look. Fingers crossed I will stay Healthy, I will Just take each day @ a time. Kind & big Hugs. To you & every Woman out there I wish you all a Very Happy & Healthy New Year... Keep the Chin's up. Xx..wink
    • Posted

This is exactly the same as me. I have had zolidex injections, danazol pills, pill without breaks, and then they tried marina coil. It went wrong they perforated my uterus meaning they could never try to give me a coil again. I was left untreated. 10 years later I look 8 months pregnant had a scan and have 13cm endometrioma they went in to take it out and the fallopian tube and the ovary. I woke up told both ovaries have cysts both are stuck to bowels, endometriosis everywhere and scarring from open resectioning surgey I had in the past. I will need a hysterectomy. I am 43 with no children. I am so depressed he is giving me a few months to get my head around it. They gyny waiting room is mixed with maternity and is full of heavily pregnant women. I will need a bowel surgeon to conduct hysterectomy with gynycologist. Progesterone only is supposed to be ok HRT treatment I heard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.