WHAT CUT DID YOU HAVE??

Posted , 10 users are following.

I AM JUST CURIOUS... HOW MANY WOMEN HAD "ABDOMINAL" CUT, "BIKINI LINE CUT", "VAGINALLY", 'THROUGH THE BELLY BUTTON" OR OTHER...

iF YOU HAD ABDOMINAL.. HOW MANY STAPLES/STITCHES DID YOU HAVE???

I HAD FULL ABDOMINAL, 22 STAPLES... NICE LINE STRAIGHT DOWN sad

WHAT DID YOU HAVE?

3 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had a dermoid cyst, ovary and tube on right removed in june 2013. i had my belly button cut, two side cuts and one bikini line.

sept 2014 they went into investigate again - i had belly button cut and again on my bikini line.

can i ask why your wanting to know.... have you had a operation or going to be??

• Posted

Im so sorry to hear you had to repeat a surgery like that sad

I hope all is well now with you.

I am asking for curiousity... I know I had the big ol' cut down the belly, but 2 co-workers had different.. they had bikini cut, and one had vaginally.. I was  wondering with all of us on here, what process was used more..

Though I totally know ANY process is an ordeal... doesn't matter which...

This is an awesome site... comforting to know I am not alone smile

• Posted

NO WAY... SUPERGLUE????  AMAZING ISN'T IT?!?!?

Sounds like that will heal really well??

• Posted

So they do have to cut in addition to a vaginal process..

Hope all is well now with you.

• Posted

It has healed well, I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow and you can hardly see any marks.
  • Posted

I had a Vaginal (laparoscopically assisted).
    • Posted

How was/is the healing on that??

Must be very sore I would think..

• Posted

I can honestly say I haven't had any pain at all, I haven't had to take any pain relief since coming round from the anaesthetic, I have been very lucky.
    • Posted

OH that's great... you are one of the very few I think...

Glad all is well.... I shouldn't complain, I've come a LONG way... but it's just still not like normal, but I"ll wait...

Could be worse I suppose sad

• Posted

The only thing I have had a problem with is the dreaded swelly belly :0), I am living in leggings mostly and have had to buy a few cheap tops in size larger than normal, am sitting here now and my tummy looks at least 8 months pregnant and at 61 it's not a look I expected ever again lol, my 'kids' are 37 & 39! 😃
    • Posted

Yes... I can understand that... I too have the 'swelly belly"... I look pregnant too at 52.. my sons are 31 & 22, and Im a grandmother of 2.

Well... let's hope our "swelly bellies go down SOON smile

• Posted

I have heard it can go on for up to a year! eek Mine is ok in the morning but as the day goes on it gets worse and it depends how much I have been doing during the day.
    • Posted

Unfortunately, my dr. told me that too sad

And yes... we will have the good chunks of a day.. than POOF... I carry tooooooo many grocery bags to the car, out of the car, into the house and WOW.. I feel like I was in a road race.. I am BEAT : (

Everyone thiinks I look SO GOOD, they don't get it why I say I'm tired still ... its 9 weeks today... hey, day by day.. right?!?!

• Posted

Yes day by day, I am 5 weeks today, yesterday I decided to sort my clothes cupboards out, took me most of the day as I had to keep stopping and when I finished, my poor tummy felt really tight, I find a warm hot water bottle helps a little, I have my 6 weeks check next Monday, don't want to be poked and prodded again!😠
    • Posted

I know that "tight" feeling...

I asked my dr. about that... she said DON'T WORRY... things are healing inside, it is also sewed within... but you shouldn't be PUSHING IT toooooo soon. 

They don't poke and prode you , don't worry.. its really the outside incision they look for, and lightly pressing along your belly to feel for any possible hernias.

Sounds like you are on your way!   smile

• Posted

Good to know I won't be poked and prodded again.

Yes I know I shouldn't be doing too much but I get so bored and see things that need doing, anyway 2 good things came out of it, 1/ I have lovely tidy cupboards (don't know how long that will last lol) and 2/ I donated a bin bag and a carrier bag full of clothes I haven't worn for ages to Cancer Research so worth the tight tummy I think, I have taken things easy today, feet up and read my book, so have been a good girly. cheesygrin

• Posted

OH that's great!  Nice to tidy up some smile

I need to do that too.. much to donate smile

Glad you rested some... we ALL need to do that more... and we don't .. whyyyyyyyyyyyy.... BECAUSE WE ARE "WOMEN"  smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.