White Coating Inside Vagina

Posted , 95 users are following.

Hello, I used to have recurrent yeast infections in the past but the last months everything was normal. Yesterday, checked my vagina and I noticed this white coating inside. I am pretty sure that my normal colour is pinkish and not that white. Does anyone know if this is something dangerous? Thank you in advance!

9 likes, 108 replies

108 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I've had the same thing for two and a half years and been to several doctors. they all agree that it is abnormal but any test for anything comes back negative. so I reckon it's nothing to worry about but I know it can be frustrating, at least it is for me. Makes you feel very uncomfortable and makes it difficult to be intimate with people. If you get any answers let me know.

• Posted

Do you notice any difference in the color during or immediately following your period?

• Posted

hello, I'm not no expert or anything but I have the same issue as you. I've experienced pain during intercourse so I stopped trying months ago. I went to a clinic where they tested me and checked everything, they said I was fine, but they gave me a phone number to call if I was interested in getting checked by a gynecologist. The gyno told me that it was a hymenal band that could be surgically removed, as well as trying to remove it through therapy. I was referred to a therapist where they inserted dilators, starting from small to a bigger size of small then to medium and so on to finally a normal sized penis. I hit a road block, I was stuck on a certain size for a month or so and my therapist released me, she was no longer working with me. I haven't taken action into the next step of what I'm going to do, but for now I'm trying to continue therapy with the dilators.

The gyno mentioned that the surgery is simple but a high rate of women report lasting pain after surgery. The gyno and therapist also said that they see this happening in young teenagers or pre-teens, but not normally with women who are already sexually experienced. So because of this, my therapist and gyno were confused as to why I have this 'band'.

I've tried doing research, but there's not really a lot of information regarding this situation.

I hope sharing this helps! image

• Edited

imagei also need help to know what this is?image

• Edited

I have the same issue! Though I still don't know what it could be since my appointment with my doctor is on June 1st which is a week from now. Had this problem 3 days ago, now everything seems fine again but I'm still worried sick. I was taking antibiotics a few days ago (just finished) so, mine could probably be because of it?

It looks sooooo much like yours.

• Posted

Could you please keep us updated what doctor said, after 1st of June? I have same thing and I am really worried.

• Posted

can anyone tell me if this looks normal. it just feels like extra skin. no itching or burning at all and no other symptoms of anything. image

• Posted

Did you find what the reason is? I have the same problem. I feel really itchy and uncomfortable.. the doc tested me for yeast but everything is good..but this skin outside...even I cannot sit normally 😦 I am so sad...

• Posted

right now my vagina has that color with wales nuh itch or abnormal discharge help

• Edited

Hi, have you found out what it is? I checked my vag and I have this too for about a week now. No itching nor irritations, I just felt uncomfortable knowing I have it even though I haven't had sexual intercourse. Hope you get answers soon.

• Edited

I came here to find out about this, I've been worrying too. I've just had a course of antibiotics to treat bacterial vaginosis, I was diagnosed over the phone by the doctor due to the current circumstances. I've just checked and the inside still looks the same with the white coating. I'm feeling reassured I'm not the only one. I wonder is it age/menopause related?

• Posted

You were diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis for this? My gyn didn't diagnose me when i saw her a few months back, so I'm wondering if that is the correct term for this condition.

Have you seen any improvement from the antibiotics?

Also, it has nothing to do with age or menopause from what my doctor told me. I was told that cases like this are mostly seen in teens or pre-teens. Also, it's rare that you see a case like this in someone who isn't a virgin.

• Edited

I had a phone consultation and was diagnosed over the phone! I did a follow up swab test and turns out it wasn't bacterial infection at all so I took a course of antibiotics for nothing. I still look the same and I've since spoken to a nurse who doesn't think it sounds like anything to worry about. I have to make an appointment for end of Aug for a menopause check up she said she'd have a look then if I was happy to wait.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.