White Coating Inside Vagina

Posted , 95 users are following.

Hello, I used to have recurrent yeast infections in the past but the last months everything was normal. Yesterday, checked my vagina and I noticed this white coating inside. I am pretty sure that my normal colour is pinkish and not that white. Does anyone know if this is something dangerous? Thank you in advance!

9 likes, 108 replies

108 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hello!! its so comforting to hear im not the only person dealing with this. Just for context I am 17, 18 next month and have not ever been sexually active. There is not any itching or pain and to be honest for as long as i can remember my vagina has had this white patch inside of it. I feel so embarrassed because of it. ):

• Posted

Hello!! its so comforting to hear im not the only person dealing with this. Just for context I am 17, 18 next month and have not ever been sexually active. There is not any itching or pain and to be honest for as long as i can remember my vagina has had this white patch inside of it. I feel so embarrassed because of it. ):

• Edited

honestly thus is the only post that kinda looks like mine, im not sure what this is but ive never had a sexual partners it doesnt really itch or burn and i dont have a dark discharge image

• Posted

Mine also looks like this and have watery white discharge with lumps. What do you think?

• Edited

Probably BV. I went to the gyno and i was diagnosed with it. I had watery white/grey discharge as well

• Posted

i suffer from chronic constipation ever since i started experiencing watery discharge and itching last year.

• Edited

hi! have you found out what it is? I'm having similar issues as well and it's really depressing me and causing me excessive anxiety. there's no pain, itching or anything on mine as well and no smell and discharge seems normal. I've already scheduled 2 appointments with 2 gynecologists for june 1 and 3 (the only available schedules) and it's been really hard on me mentally. I'm borderline hypochondriac (I'm having my 1st psychiatrist visit next week to get proper diagnosis).

i have VP which I know is normal (at least I think it's VP) but I'm worried about the white part like yours. i can't post the photo here because it just depresses and causes anxiety in me more.

i've been taking antibiotics (ciprofloxacin) for my UTI for a week now and suspect that may be the cause of the white thing on my vaginal entrance/canal/introitus

I also have this really nasty and unhealthy habit of checking my symptoms online for a thousand times a day and basically staring and checking my genitals everyday. it's become borderline obsessive.

• Posted

i know how you feel!!! i have been taking medication for my uti too and i am just now realizing i have this thing...i don't know if j should be concerned but i have never seen anything like it. I have a feeling it might be the medication, what kind did you take ?

• Posted

FINALLY!!!! Why is there no information about this online! I've struggled with thrush for the past 5 years, I had it a few days ago so took a pessary antibiotic and it has made the situation so so so much worse. Its white almost dry sort of discharge that when I look covers the insides. No idea! Please help or advice....

• Posted

I have the exact same thing. I went to an OB earlier this year for my regular pap smear and because I noticed an unusual discharge. And found out I had yeast infection and BV - I took oral meds and Vaginal suppository for these. And after a while, the discharge went away.

After a few months, I went to check with another OB and was informed that it had recurred. I was referred to an infectious doctor (ID) OB GYNE. I had my blood sugar tested to check if I was Diabetic. And when it came out normal, I had to test for HIV, Syphilis and Hepa B. Thankfully, all three came out negative. My OB was trying to figure out why it had been recurring.

She gave me oral meds this time (single dose of the anti Fungal to counter the yeast infection and some Antibiotics). A week later, they went off finally. My doctor also discussed before that I had genital warts and I had to take them off after the infection is done. So we did that, and I chose chemical application (TRA) because the warts were small and we didn't need cryotherapy or electro- therapy.

A week later, I went back to check if there were still warts and she said my white colored hymen wasn't actually normal and it boggles her why. It should be pink flesh in color. So she said they must be lesion (genial warts) also. She applied TRA today to my hymen and ita actually hurt so much more than before.

Hopefully this is the end for this white thingy. It's really giving me anxiety already. Especially when my Dr thought it was an really bad case of an STI

Please always check with your doctor. Get a second opinion. This is my 4th OB already, btw.

• Edited

Can anyone help me out here why do I have this white skin inside vagina? It is not vaginal discharge image

• Posted

I have this too! I cat figure out if its normal or not. I only started to notice this year. Did you find any information about it? I thought it was just discharge but it's also the skin, just like yours.

• Posted

I was first told I have lichen sclerosus but the GP and she gave me high potency steroids which made the case worse. Then I did the swab test in that thrush infection was detected. I was on 7 day UTI course and 1 oral capsule to treat thrush. I was okay for a week but the symptoms are reappearing. What about you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.