White Coating Inside Vagina

Posted , 95 users are following.

Hello, I used to have recurrent yeast infections in the past but the last months everything was normal. Yesterday, checked my vagina and I noticed this white coating inside. I am pretty sure that my normal colour is pinkish and not that white. Does anyone know if this is something dangerous? Thank you in advance!

9 likes, 108 replies

108 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

does anyone know what this is? I've been trying to find anything similar online and cant find any. I've been worried for months now

• Posted

i had the same thing, it ended up being a yeast infection & bv that caused it. get get tested for it and get on medication and it should go away

• Posted

I was treated fr same the week back. I was treated for UTI and thrush both. But now 10 days later the symptoms are reappearing. I am in lot f stress. Which medication you took for the treatment?

• Edited

Firstly, thank you for this post! I have the same and was really worried myself also felt a bit crazy and unwilling to be intimate with anyone. I noticed the change just before the pandemic so I ended up nothing being able to see anyone for the longest time.

After talking to my GP and going to the Sexual Health Clinic (and not really getting much help apart them saying all tests were clear – nothing further to do), I made an appointment with a consultant via my private healthcare through work.

I recently had a bad allergic reaction to a condom so I wondered if the change had anything to do with that too.

I had my consultation yesterday (July 06th 2020) and basically the doctor explained that if you are on progesterone only contraception (I have the Marina coil) it can causes an increase in discharge that is thick, white and lumpy (like thrush but not) - discharge similar to what you see at a certain stages of you cycle and ovulation.

I mentioned that it looked like the lining (epithelium) of my vagina has gone white. I had another exam and he said everything was fine and that it was just the discharge and managed to wipe away some (quite hard) with a piece of gauze. I couldn’t see but the assistant there also watched and confirmed that it did no longer appear white, but pink.

I hope this helps and I would still suggest people go and get everything checked out to be on the safe side. But basically if it’s just white (not green, grey etc), you don’t have any pain while having sex, general discomfort, smell, itching or burning and have had tests come back negative for any STI’s or thrush it’s likely that it’s down to progesterone only contraception if you are on that.

If you’re not on that I would say ask for an examination etc.

• Posted

hi im a teenager and i kinda have the same thing your picture is the closet on it mine is also smaller like not so shut, i dont want to ask my mom about this so can you help me out?

• Edited

hey, i had the same and i just got it cured

the same thing happened to me out of no where two days ago consulted a friend who is a gyno and she suggested me to sit on a bucket like until your vagina touches the water and the water needs to be as hot as you can bare(don't burn)

to that water add salt

3 mugs of water = 1 tea spoon of salt

you will see it all cone out in chunks or powder texture, while sitting keep contracting your muscles after this apply virgin coconut oil to avoid dryness

she also suggested me a capsule called gyno-daxtrain

you need to put in night inside your vagina and sleep with it and by morning you will see it all cone in your hot salt water tub

do the hot water tub only twice a day

• Posted

Hi, I had the same problem and had it checked by my gyn , she said it isn't a cause of worry and the reason is just that the area happens to be tender because of periods, if it doesn't hurts it isn't a problem, however any changes should be reported.

• Posted

Mine looks exactly like yours too. Im worried because i've noticed it over the past two weeks or so but i know for a fact it was not this colour months ago. I don't experience itchiness nor pain and ive never been sexually involved with someone. Im only 20 so im nervous to go to a gyno as ive never gone to one before and want to avoid it only if I TRULY have to. I just feel as if its not normal but i really want to be wrong about that

• Edited

mine looks like that im so glad that am not the only one with this but sad cause nobody seem to know what this is. I thought I had yeast infection because of the itching etc I went to my doctor and he prescribed something and the itchy didn't stopped so I went to another doctor the itchy stopped but then that when I started seeing the white costing inside my vagina so I went to another doctor nothing worked so I did a abdominal pelvic ultrasound and I came back clean nothing was wrong with me before that the doctor gave me a pill for yeast BV and chlamydia I don't remember if anything else was on it. I don't think it's any infection but it's so embarrassing am not sexually active and am afraid to because I don't know what's wrong with me. If i had to guess ill say it has something to do with pill i have take and inserted because it only began to show after my i took the third set of medication for a yeast infection which was not there. Oh this helps but I'll come back right after you stop drinking it my grandma told me to drink grater tumeric, ginger and garlic then boil it not too much. If you know anything please update me/us. I'm no professional but I don't think it's any infection or maybe one not discovered yet because after four different medications and a PV untrasound i thought it was discharge because if I insert my finger I'll see some of the white stuff but thats too much discharge or whatever this is am just tired and stressed nothing so far works please update me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.